• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How To Start Servers On MinecraftXbox360

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Didmister11

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I was on Youtube when i found this video! If you skip to 15 seconds it will show you how to make a Minecraft Xbox360 server its as simple as clicking Online! NOTE! This Video is not mine and it is not intended for Promotion purposes but just for the favor of you guys Posted Image....The Video was removed -_-....But there Are Two Boxes to create a server.
1st Box it says Online. Tick the box if you want your world online. So random people around the globe can join and Build with you..Including friends.
2nd Box its says Invite only. Tick the box if you only want your friends to join but for them to join you have to invite them by clicking there profile and pressing "Invite to game" But you need to be in game to invite.

Register or log in to remove.

Didmister11

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Guys im telling you how servers work

Destroyerovevil

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostDidmister11, on 23 April 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Guys im telling you how servers work

I think the silence means they don't care. :)

Didmister11

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostDestroyerovevil, on 23 April 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

I think the silence means they don't care. Posted Image
People dont care??? Thats all i see posted is how minecraft xbox servers will work! Here is the answer this clears up the topics on how multiplayer works!

saintrocky

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

How does it work ? only see that he starts a game and saves.

Didmister11

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View Postsaintrocky, on 23 April 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

How does it work ? only see that he starts a game and saves.
-_- Seriously!! Cant you read at 12-17 seconds it shows how to start a server....There are two boxes...
1ST box it says: Online.
2ND box it says: Invite only
If u want to start a game online Tick the online box!
If you want it so they can only join if invited, tick the Invite only box

SuperJeffrey
  • Minecraft: SuperJeff2011

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

"Online" means your game is visible to random players.
"Invite Only" means ... invite only.  For playing with friends or by yourself.

It does not indicate the world will be available when you shut down.  

Slightly off topic: How irritating is it to see players like the one in the video playing?  Can't they get someone who has actually played the game before for those videos?  "I'm going to dig two blocks of dirt, fall into a cave and save the game!  Derp!!!"
Sarcastic Wonka approves!

icantfindanamenottaken

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

I would say this video outs the stupid rumor that you can only play with your friends. Something I never really believed anyways. People aren't going to pay 20$ just to play with friends Posted Image  .

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I've removed the video. We do not allowed leaked videos here, as is stated in the rules.

crafter200

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Darn I missed the videoPosted Image

Still, it does confuse me a little how the servers will work.  Most xbox games are very hard to tweak compared to the PC counter parts, and I haven't seen anything like a craft-bukkit mod for Xbox.  Also it only has a half gig of RAM, which is not near what I need for my PC server.

Destroyerovevil

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostSuperJeffrey, on 23 April 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

It does not indicate the world will be available when you shut down.  

Exactly. This is the only thing I actually care about knowing that we have no idea about yet.

Efflictim

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostDidmister11, on 23 April 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

I was on youtube when i found this video! If you skip to 15 seconds it will show you how to make a Minecraft Xbox360 server its as simple as clicking Online! NOTE! This Video is not mine and it is not intended for Promotion purposes but just for the favor of you guys Posted Image

Choosing Invite only means that your friends can't join in whenever they want, you have to invite them. Friends-only is already confirmed so there's no public servers

Jassie
    Jassie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1215 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostDestroyerovevil, on 23 April 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Exactly. This is the only thing I actually care about knowing that we have no idea about yet.
We actually do know about it.

If they don't have dedicated servers then its P2P. If its P2P then when the host shuts down his console then the game goes down. Because his console is the host.

The only way to keep the world up would be a host migration system. Which could work. But when it gets down to one person left and that person becomes the host. He can get offline then no one else will be able to play the map until he gets back online. Or unless it'd let you play the last version of the map saved on a previous user's console. But then it'd undo any work that happened since the last host migration.
I'm usually not trying to be rude. So if a post comes across that way then sorry :]

tandemsrevenge

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

Thanks. This Video cleared up my question on "How to make a Minecraft XBLA Server" So yea thanks.

Destroyerovevil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Let me rephrase that. We don't know exactly how they will work. We know about the big picture but not the fine details.

View PostJassie, on 24 April 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

We actually do know about it.

If they don't have dedicated servers then its P2P. If its P2P then when the host shuts down his console then the game goes down. Because his console is the host.

The only way to keep the world up would be a host migration system. Which could work. But when it gets down to one person left and that person becomes the host. He can get offline then no one else will be able to play the map until he gets back online. Or unless it'd let you play the last version of the map saved on a previous user's console. But then it'd undo any work that happened since the last host migration.

So you say we know how its going to work, and then you say another way is also how it could work. Truth is, like I said we don't have a exact %100 correct absolute on how it is going to work.

Abcdude
    Abcdude

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Minecraft: AwesomeAbcdude

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Cool Video Bro.
Posted Image
Think my post is helpfull, hillarious or just plain likeable? Freaking hit the green UP arrow down there, or else.

Didmister11

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'm sorry if the topic didn't  help but i just wanted to help everyone who didn't understand how to start a server. Now i look back the title it is wrong it should be in fact "How To start a Minecraft Xbox360 server" (Ill change that now) And I don't have a clue about the server shutdown and stuff! Well i'm guessing that once you leave the world your hosting...it ends the server! And to find a old server you have been on i'm guessing...There will be history and a Favorite tab! And i've also edited the description so you know how to start a server....Thanks for reading Posted Image

Didmister11

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

View Postcitricsquid, on 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

I've removed the video. We do not allowed leaked videos here, as is stated in the rules.
And sorry i didn't know about the leaked rule :L

Destroyerovevil

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

OK, so I was looking around to try and find a definite answer on if you can use others multiplayer map while they are offline and the official answer at Pax East was no. Watch this and skip to 2:00. (I don't think this violates leaking information rules since it was a Microsoft employee he was interviewing.)

The Microsoft rep said (summarized) "This is player 1's world... he will be able to host up to 7 other players... that world will be persistent for that player (player 1), and if you are playing they can join up with you at any time, you want when you are available."

I guess this denounces all theories on multiplayer world transfers to keep the game going. I know we were already expecting this but now we know. Hopefully they might figure something else out later. Hope this clears some things up. Also i retract my statements maid a few posts up considering we now do know.

Also the guy confirmed LAN parties with the same max (8). I thought I remember someone on here asking if you could use LAN and now we know you can use that as opposed to over live. (At beginning of video)

Edited by Destroyerovevil, 25 April 2012 - 04:15 AM.

Naelo
    Naelo

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostDestroyerovevil, on 25 April 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

The Microsoft rep said (summarized) "This is player 1's world... he will be able to host up to 7 other players... that world will be persistent for that player (player 1), and if you are playing they can join up with you at any time, you want when you are available."

I guess this denounces all theories on multiplayer world transfers to keep the game going. I know we were already expecting this but now we know. Hopefully they might figure something else out later. Hope this clears some things up. Also i retract my statements maid a few posts up considering we now do know.
The wording of that comment was somewhat vague, he never explicitly says that you won't be able to save, or copy a friends world to your HDD, he simply states what we already knew, that someone needs to be hosting the map(meaning no dedicated servers).

This video(), also from PAX East, has the interviewee stating that "You can join friends worlds, and you can save those worlds and come back to them and continue building on" at around the 1:40 mark in the video.

So, I'd say that comment is more conclusive than the vague one you posted above. They're both a bit vague however, so I still wouldn't consider my video are definitive proof that there will be world sharing.