Default realism & Smooth Realism
Made by Thomas Angeland from Uniblue Media
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
THE LAST UPDATE WAS RELEASED:
28. JULY 2013
NEXT UPDATE WILL BE RELEASED:
(Due to vacation and work, there will be some delay. I'll notify you when I'm back)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
R3D.CRAFT, pronounced "Red Craft" or "R-3-D Craft", is a high quality texture pack that can be applied to the game, Minecraft. Based on the default texture that belongs to this game, R3D.CRAFT tries to bring more realization, with high quality textures, smoother gradients and shadows, artificial lighting, small details or new details + so much more.
This texture is made for those who seek more quality in-game, but also want to keep the default design and feeling. Therefore, this texture tries to stay close to the original outlook, by matching the correct colors and shapes.
Latest news: New job, which means there will be some bad news.
This year was my last year as a student. When I graduated, it didn't take long before I recieved an offer from an old pal about working as a producer in a studio, here in Norway. After some thinking, I thanked my friend and took the offer.
Now, my job consists of producing graphical video commercials. I like this job, and I wish to continue. Many friends and close ones have told me that I have been lucky, receiving that offer. It's actually pretty hard to get into this business, so I am pretty lucky.
This means, as maybe most of you have guessed already, that I will have less to almost no time to work on R3D.CRAFT. Even though I love working with still imagery, it's not giving me any substantial income at the moment. Please understand that R3D.CRAFT's importance for me has not faded, but this new job gives me what I seek at this moment. Enough income to one day move out with my girlfriend and create my own life.
Will there be any changes?
I'm afraid it won't. One solution would be to make this a community project, which basically means I will give my "owner-rights" to this project away to the community, making it open for others to change, add-to and release.
Another solution will be to give this project away to an individual, and I have one or two in mind already (you probably know who you are), and from there, agree how we split the rights and such as the project expands.
BUT considering how much time I've spent on this, I want to be a little greedy, I guess. I don't feel like giving this project away just yet. I might find out that I want to put off more time to continue making it.
I guess someone should suggest to the mods out there to make a mod that allows you to select which texture you want to use from two (or more) texture packs at once, so you could combine two textures and by that, solve the problem.
So there it is, folks.
Sorry that it went this way. If I had been a little younger than I started this project, maybe it would have had time to develop to the state BDCraft is at this moment. At least Sphax's able to live of making textures, which I have utterly respect for. Good artist.
My apologies to everyone around.
OFFICIAL TEASER FOR R3D.CRAFT:
PLAYING WITH R3D.CRAFT: DEFAULT REALISM 512x512:
BLUR - CINEMATIC WITH R3D.CRAFT:
BLUR is a new Minecraft cinematic I've made that includes R3D.CRAFT in some of the shots. Besides R3D.CRAFT, I also own a YouTube channel called Uniblue Media (partnered), where I focus on special effects and gaming. BLUR is special. It contains both Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and the Water Shader mod. Two mods that can't really work together.
SUBSCRIBE TO UNIBLUE MEDIA HERE:
(All images features R3D.CRAFT: Default Realism!)
CLICK SPOILER FOR MORE PICTURES:
THE NEW R3D.CRAFT INSTALLER: Downloading R3D.CRAFT has now become a bit different. You'll instead download an installer (.exe file) that will download the texture for you and add it to your desktop. During the installation-process, there will be advertisements and offers. You will have to answer these offers before you can install R3D.CRAFT. YOU CAN DENY EVERY OFFER GIVEN IN THE INSTALLER. (click spoiler for tutorial) When you have gone through all the offers, R3D.CRAFT will be downloaded. You no longer have to wait 5 seconds to skip a commercial. You can deny any toolbar, program or other offers that's been given. You will now be downloading R3D.CRAFT from a private host, which increases the downloading speed drastically. Way faster than Mediafire. Me, the author of this texture, will drastically receive more revenue for my work, which may help me have more time for working on this texture. Possibly, in the future, the installer will be able to add R3D.CRAFT directly to Minecraft. The developers are working on it. You will be presented several offers that you must decline or accept before you can download. Some of the offers have a sly way of presenting the decline option, but it is there. There's a tutorial above on how to do that. Some might experience that their Antivirus software detect Trojans. I can professionally and personally assure you that the installers are 100% safe and damage-free , but include files that some antivirus programs might look at as Trojans. One could be "Solimba" (read more), a advertising addon and it's 100% safe.
DOWNLOAD R3D.CRAFT ON CURSE CLIENT:
The Curse Client is an add-on manager that allows you to browse, install, and update your Minecraft texture packs, mods or worlds. It's free, lightweight, and easy to use! You can stay in sync with R3D.CRAFT's newest updates quite easily!
I personally recommend grabbing one of these mods, which may both improve your texture experience and your gaming experience:
Features many texture add-ons like connected textures, better grass, random mobs and custom skymaps!
Features texture add-ons like connected textures, and it also features more in-game settings that may make your game both prettier and faster!
______________________________________________________________________________CHANGE LOG - DEFAULT REALISM:
Even though this texture is 100% free and always will be, donations are more than welcome! All donations will be used only on causes that supports my work.
To all who donate:
Email me if you want your name (or nickname) displayed on the thank-you-list displayed below.
Also, if you want me to link your name(s) to anything (a url), remember to write that as well.
Any donation given has a "three month payback guarantee" (if the donor regrets the donation).
List of published donors:
Maria - Thank you for being my first donor!
CypeCraft - Thank you and good luck on your server!
Christopher - Thank you!
xK3v - Thank you!
Beans & Pixels - Thank you, and good luck on your channel!
TerrorBite - Thank you!
Eden Brackstone - Thank you, and good luck with your photography!
Christian "NearNebula" - Thank you, and good luck with your channel!
HOW TO INSTALL MANUALLY:Here's a short guide on how to install R3D.CRAFT for all platforms:
- Download a version of R3D.CRAFT by choosing one of the different versions above.
- Locate your downloaded R3D.CRAFT on your computer.
- You should have a zip-file (.zip). Copy this zip-file by simply selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C (for PC) or Command+C (for Mac).
- Now, locate your texture pack folder in your ".minecraft" folder on your computer. You can easily find it in the in-game Minecraft menu by going into Options -> Resource Packs -> Open texture pack folder. You can also find the folder here: "\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks" for pc or "/Library/Application Support/minecraft/resourcepacks" for mac.
- When you have located your texture pack folder, paste the zip-file you copied into that folder by pressing Ctrl+V (for PC) or Command+V (for Mac).
- Now, Make sure you either have MCPatcher or Optifine installed. These mods makes your Minecraft HD-ready for higher resolution texture packs. Without one of these, there might be bugs in the texture and your game might crash. Remember to close Minecraft before installing one of these mods. Do not install both!
- When you have everything ready, open Minecraft and go to Options -> Texture Packs.
- On the list, select R3D.CRAFT. It's usually named something like: [x.x.x] R3D CRAFT 512x512 (xx%). Your game might freeze for a couple of seconds. It really depends on how much quality you wanted and how fast your computer is. Do not click anywhere and let the game load the texture.
- 1.0: Record in-game footage while using "R3D.CRAFT" as long as you credit me properly in the description (ex: let's plays, cinematic videos, reviews, etc...).
- 1.1: Share a link to this thread everywhere you want.
- 1.2: Use all logos, pictures, wallpapers and other graphical work connected to "R3D.CRAFT" (not the actual texture), freely, as long as you credit rightful owner. You can also change the graphical work after your desire, but you still need to credit.
- 1.3: Customize/change/edit "R3D.CRAFT" in anyway you like, as long as you keep it privately. YouTube videos and screenshots are allowed to share world wide, but only if you credit me properly for the textures. Even though you change this texture pack, you have still no rights to claim the modified texture as yours.
- 2.0: Share just the download-link to this texture. This means that if you want people to download this, you must display a link to this very thread and not a Mediafire link.
- 2.1: Re-upload this texture or parts of this texture.
- 2.2: Republish this thread/duplicate this thread without permission from the rightful owner. This only counts for all other places than MinecraftForum and PlanetMinecraft. These two places are an absolutely no-no.
- 2.3: Use any content from this texture in your own work without permission from the content owner (this does no longer include 3D animations/2D animations, but please credit wheres needed).
- 2.4: Re-make/remix this texture. If you want to customize "R3D.CRAFT", please follow rule 1.3.