IF ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE READ THESE FIRST:
How long is it until you are finished with R3D.CRAFT?
I don't know. I can't estimate that.
When will the smooth version be available for download?
When there's enough textures made. I'll give you a heads up on R3D's facebook pageabout the launch date.
Can I port this texture pack to smartphones? If not, when will you?
No, you can't. I'll consider such features when R3D.CRAFT is finished.
Can I use this texture as a base texture for my texture pack?
No. There's no need for base textures after Minecraft update 1.5.
Where can I find the 1.4.7 version?
That version do not exist, I'm afraid.
When will you do mod-texture-support?
When R3D.CRAFT is finished, which means I can focus on other things.
Why are you so darn slow?! This has been out for over a year!
If this was my job, and I had earned a reasonable amount of revenue on this, I would understand your frustration. But this isn't my job, and I'm not even done with my education yet. I go to school every weekday. I study to tests. I do my assignments. I have to work in the weekend. I work on other projects besides R3D.CRAFT. I spend time learning about advanced programs, working towards my life goals I spend some time with friends. I spend some time relaxing, playing games or just watching videos on YouTube. What's left after all this isn't much.
THE LAST UPDATE WAS RELEASED:
27. MARCH 2013
NEXT UPDATE WILL BE RELEASED:
R3D.CRAFT - Default realism (75%)
By Thomas from Uniblue Media
R3D.CRAFT, pronounced "Red Craft" or "R-3-D Craft", is a high quality texture pack that can be applied to the game, Minecraft. Based on the default texture that belongs to this game, R3D.CRAFT tries to bring more realization, with high quality textures, smoother gradients and shadows, artificial lighting, small details or new details + so much more.
This texture is made for those who seek more quality in-game, but also want to keep the default design and feeling. Therefore, this texture tries to stay close to the original outlook, by matching the correct colors and shapes.
I've earlier stated that I will create two versions of R3D.CRAFT. One smooth version and one default version (R3D.CRAFT: Smooth Realism & R3D.CRAFT: Default Realism). Now I'm starting to think about changing the terrain textures (blocks/grass/leaves) for the upcoming smooth version, mainly because it's not following the smooth concept.
Changing the smooth version means that for those who enjoy the blocky terrain texture and the smooth items together, won't have the opportunity to download the same style again. This made me realizing I had to create two more versions. They do not consist of new textures. Instead they are mixed. "R3D.CRAFT: Volume 1" will contain blocky terrain textures, but smooth items. "R3D.CRAFT: Volume 2" will be the reversed version of that. I might come up with a better name, but for now they are planned to be called "Vomune x".
This means that you will have these four options in the nearest future:
- R3D.CRAFT: Default Realism
- R3D.CRAFT: Smooth Realism
- R3D.CRAFT: Volume 1
- R3D.CRAFT: Volume 2
If you have any questions about these new version and the smoothing of the terrain textures, please ask!
OFFICIAL TEASER FOR R3D.CRAFT:
PLAYING WITH R3D.CRAFT: DEFAULT REALISM 512x512:
BLUR - CINEMATIC WITH R3D.CRAFT:
BLUR is a new Minecraft cinematic I've made that includes R3D.CRAFT in some of the shots. Besides R3D.CRAFT, I also own a YouTube channel called Uniblue Media (partnered), where I focus on special effects and gaming. BLUR is special. It contains both Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and the Water Shader mod. Two mods that can't really work together.
SUBSCRIBE TO UNIBLUE MEDIA HERE:
CLICK SPOILER FOR MORE PICTURES:
R3D.CRAFT ON CURSE:
The Curse Client is an addon manager that allows you to browse, install, and update your Minecraft texture packs, mods or worlds. It's free, lightweight, and easy to use! You can stay in sync with R3D.CRAFT's newest updates quite easily!
Terrain textures: 73%
Item textures: 62%
Mob textures: 15%
GUI textures: 96%
Armor textures: 43%
Environment textures 43%
I personally recommend grabbing one of these mods, which may both improve your texture experience and your gaming experience:
Features many texture add-ons like connected textures, better grass, random mobs and custom skymaps!
Features texture add-ons like connected textures, and it also features more in-game settings that may make your game both prettier and faster!
Even though this texture is 100% free and always will be, donations are more than welcome!
All donations will be used only on causes that supports my work.
To all who donate:
Email me if you want your name/nickname displayed on the thank-you-list displayed below.
Also, if you want me to link your name to anything (url), remember to write that as well
List of published donors:
Maria - Thank you for being my first donor!
CypeCraft - Thank you and good luck on your server!
Christopher - Thank you!
xK3v - Thank you!
Beans & Pixels - Thank you, and good luck on your channel!
TerrorBite - Thank you!
Eden Brackstone - Thank you, and good luck with your photography!
Christian "NearNebula" - Thank you, and good luck with your channel!
HOW TO INSTALL:
Here's a short guide on how to install R3D.CRAFT for all platforms:
- Download a version of R3D.CRAFT by choosing one of the different versions above.
- Locate your downloaded R3D.CRAFT on your computer.
- You should have a zip-file (.zip). Copy this zip-file by simply selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C (for PC) or Command+C (for Mac).
- Now, locate your texture pack folder in your ".minecraft" folder on your computer. You can easily find it in the in-game Minecraft menu by going into Options -> Texture Packs -> Open texture pack folder. You can also find the folder here: "\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks" for pc or "/Library/Application Support/minecraft/texturepacks" for mac.
- When you have located your texture pack folder, paste the zip-file you copied into that folder by pressing Ctrl+V (for PC) or Command+V (for Mac).
- Now, Make sure you either have MCPatcher or Optifine installed. These mods makes your Minecraft HD-ready for higher resolution texture packs. Without one of these, there might be bugs in the texture and your game might crash. Remember to close Minecraft before installing one of these mods. Do not install both!
- When you have everything ready, open Minecraft and go to Options -> Texture Packs.
- On the list, select R3D.CRAFT. It's usually named something like: [x.x.x] R3D CRAFT 512x512 (xx%). Your game might freeze for a couple of seconds. It really depends on how much quality you wanted and how fast your computer is. Do not click anywhere and let the game load the texture.
If you see a smoother text interface and maybe more details on the buttons, you've successfully installed R3D.CRAFT. You can now go in-game and hopefully, enjoy R3D.CRAFT and Minecraft in a high quality version.
MORE FAQ (click spoiler):
Official banner for my YouTube channel:
FAN-MADE BANNERS: [center]
"R3D.CRAFT" is a remake/modification of the default texture pack that comes with Minecraft, which has been made by the Mojang Team. All the image-files has/will eventually be changed.
R3D.CRAFT by Uniblue Media is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License (additional restrictions are listed below. This CC-copyright license only takes place to secure the authors right to be attributed).
Copyright info for font:
The font used in R3D.CRAFT is a 64x64 png image font made by d3fin3d, and the author do not claim any rights on this font. You can download d3fin3d's fonts here.
Copyright info for painting-textures:
Images used in "kz.png" (Minecraft paintings) are made by Kristoffer Zetterstrand. Kristoffer Zetterstrand is represented by Peter Bergman gallery. These are original images that the Mojang team uses for their default paintings. These images are labeled under Creative Commons.
- 1.0: Record in-game footage while using "R3D.CRAFT" as long as you credit me properly in the description (ex: let's plays, cinematic videos, reviews, etc...).
- 1.1: Share a link to this thread everywhere you want.
- 1.2: Use all logos, pictures, wallpapers and other graphical work connected to "R3D.CRAFT" (not the actual texture), freely, as long as you credit rightful owner. You can also change the graphical work after your desire, but you still need to credit.
- 1.3: Customize/change/edit "R3D.CRAFT" in anyway you like, as long as you keep it privately. YouTube videos and screenshots are allowed to share world wide, but only if you credit me properly for the textures. Even though you change this texture pack, you have still no rights to claim the modified texture as yours.
YOU CAN NOT:
- 2.0: Share just the download-link to this texture. This means that if you want people to download this, you must display a link to this very thread and not a Mediafire link.
- 2.1: Re-upload this texture or parts of this texture.
- 2.2: Republish this thread/duplicate this thread without permission from the rightful owner. This only counts for all other places than MinecraftForum and PlanetMinecraft. These two places are an absolutely no-no.
- 2.3: Use any content from this texture in your own work without permission from the content owner (this does no longer include 3D animations/2D animations, but please credit wheres needed).
- 2.4: Re-make/remix this texture. If you want to customize "R3D.CRAFT", please follow rule 1.3.
I am the owner of all finished R3D.CRAFT textures (not original Mojang textures) and I have all files necessary for proving it. Please follow these simple rules and don't be afraid of asking me about permission. I don't bite