4 replies to this topic

todd_10
    todd_10

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Minecraft: todd_10

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

I've found a pretty sweet seed and decided to start creating my own Village. I've checked the wiki as to what a Village needs to be able to support NPCs.
What I'm wondering is, how do I get villagers to occupy my creation?
Do I need to find a village in the seed I'm playing, and somehow get the NPCs to my village, or will they randomly spawn at mine if it has all the requirements?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Netherrack
  • Minecraft: Netherrack

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

They won't spawn in your village no matter how alike, unless you use spawn eggs. However if you place your own little village next to an NPC village, they will move in yours. Villagers go in most type of houses there made.
If you could spare a moment, please press the Posted Image button. It means a lot.

todd_10
    todd_10

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Oh, I didn't realise there were spawn eggs for Villagers. I guess they're found in creative mode with the other spawners? So I could spawn some, and they should 'move in'?

Posted Image

Netherrack
  • Minecraft: Netherrack

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yeah, actually if you made any type of house, and spawned a villager in it/outside it, every night time they will go in your house and stay there just like NPC Villages, and may wonder inside and out your house in the day. Villager eggs are brown, if your in survival an easy way to obtain them, is get something like TooManyItems, that's very easy to install. However if you always wanted Villagers to stay inside your dwelling, just put a fence gate at your door, only humans can open fence gates, villagers and zombies can't!

Like I said above, fence gates are a very good defense against zombies, they will try to get in, but will act as if the gate isn't there at all! They will just continue standing there trying to get in, until day!
If you could spare a moment, please press the Posted Image button. It means a lot.

todd_10
    todd_10

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Okay awesome, glad it's easy to do. I was beginning to think my created village was going to lie dormant!

Posted Image