Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Essentials spawn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jugerzthecat
  • Minecraft: vJuggerz

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

I have seen on alot of servers that they spawn in a tutorial with signs about the server then every other time they spawn, they spawn at the actual spawn. I see in essentials spawn it says.

When we spawn for the first time, which spawnpoint do we use?
  # Set to "none" if you want to use the spawn point of the world.
  spawnpoint: newbies

How do i set this 'newbies' spawn point?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Jugerzthecat
  • Minecraft: vJuggerz

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

I've been trying to find help for this for ages,, Please help!
Posted Image

PoxiiPro
    PoxiiPro

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Sadly, I can't help you but how do you install Essentialsspawn because I put in "Plugins" Folder but it no install! Also I cant find the permissions thing anywhere and does it need that? Thank if I do help me :)

Shreaders
  • Minecraft: Shreaders1
  • Xbox:PhantomxReborn

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostJugerzthecat, on 23 April 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

I have seen on alot of servers that they spawn in a tutorial with signs about the server then every other time they spawn, they spawn at the actual spawn. I see in essentials spawn it says.

When we spawn for the first time, which spawnpoint do we use?
  # Set to "none" if you want to use the spawn point of the world.
  spawnpoint: newbies

How do i set this 'newbies' spawn point?

Newbies is actually the default spawn essentials sets up for you upon loading the plugin (as far as I know).. to change the spawn point all you have to do is simply stand in the area you want the spawn to be and type /setspawn and I believe that is where "newbies" spawn will then be Posted Image If not post back and let me know.

View PostPoxiiPro, on 18 May 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Sadly, I can't help you but how do you install Essentialsspawn because I put in "Plugins" Folder but it no install! Also I cant find the permissions thing anywhere and does it need that? Thank if I do help me Posted Image

When you downloaded the essentials file you should have gotten essentialsspawn.jar with the download. You will want to go here http://forums.bukkit...-r1.15312/ Be sure to download the "Essentials Core Download" and extract the compressed file you receive. There should be 4 .jar files in there and all four should be put into your plugins folder. Restart the server and an essentials file should be created. Open it up and open the config.yml file with Notepad++ and edit it to your liking.

Posted Image