Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can you turn cheats on for an old World?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1

Mindfulness

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Curious if it is possible to turn on cheats for an old world in the latest snapshot

Register or log in to remove.

#2

PsychoIncarnate
  • Minecraft: PsychoIncarnate

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Cheats are automatically on for old worlds
Getting Spawn Eggs in Survival - Pokemon Style
http://www.minecraft...-pokemon-style/

#3

Banana_Jones

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yes you can, you have to edit the level.dat of your world with NBTedit. There you have to change the allowcheats to 1.
Excuse my bad english, I'm Austrian.

#4

RuexMedia3

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

how to: start a new world, go in to more world options, and BOOM! put on.
how to turn off: the same thing as above...

#5

Demopan
    Demopan

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostRuexMedia3, on 20 April 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

how to: start a new world, go in to more world options, and BOOM! put on.
how to turn off: the same thing as above...

Look! Someone completely missed the question.

#6

longliveZebra

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

I would like to know this too!

#7

twdsh
    twdsh

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: twdsh

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostlongliveZebra, on 01 August 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I would like to know this too!

that is the point, i dont think you can =( i wish we could
I am twdsh, lord of astlatus

#8

austex
    austex

    Tree Puncher

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 15 posts
  • Location: Austin, Texas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Try this  (I'm assuming you are in Singleplayer):   Select your older world in the opening menu and press Play, then press the Esc button to pause the game.  Then on the Game menu that you see, press "Open to LAN" button.  Then you can toggle the Game mode and Cheats to what you'd like.  Then press "Start LAN World."  That will send you back into your older world with your new settings.

I had to look a long time before finding this out, too!  :-)

#9

GodsHeartagram

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostBanana_Jones, on 20 April 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yes you can, you have to edit the level.dat of your world with NBTedit. There you have to change the allowcheats to 1.
This guy is exactly right!! Exept for one thing, it's not called allowCheats, look for allowCommands, and change that to 1. allowcheats does not exist, but an easy mistake to make :P

#10

mk1ng97304
  • Minecraft: PauseReplay

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

All you need is NBTExplorer. It's in the forums if you need to look for it. All you do is open the level.dat for your world, and on the top there is a line that says "AllowCommands: x" X being 1 or 0. You can change it from 1 to 0 to disable cheats, and vice-versa.
-Replay Posted Image

#11

BassChin
    BassChin

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Postaustex, on 07 August 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Try this  (I'm assuming you are in Singleplayer):   Select your older world in the opening menu and press Play, then press the Esc button to pause the game.  Then on the Game menu that you see, press "Open to LAN" button.  Then you can toggle the Game mode and Cheats to what you'd like.  Then press "Start LAN World."  That will send you back into your older world with your new settings.

I had to look a long time before finding this out, too!  :-)

This way works. Thanks man (I had to hack in a Nether Star. Flippin thing dissapeared after the Wither fight)

#12

uncanny_orlow

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Postaustex, on 07 August 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Try this  (I'm assuming you are in Singleplayer):   Select your older world in the opening menu and press Play, then press the Esc button to pause the game.  Then on the Game menu that you see, press "Open to LAN" button.  Then you can toggle the Game mode and Cheats to what you'd like.  Then press "Start LAN World."  That will send you back into your older world with your new settings.

I had to look a long time before finding this out, too!  :-)

This worked for me, thanks!

#13

christraxxaslego

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostMindfulness, on 20 April 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Curious if it is possible to turn on cheats for an old world in the latest snapshot

yes, even if you hadn't enabled cheats when you created it, all you do is open the world, pause it, click "open to LAN", turn cheats on in that, and click ok.

this can be reverted by quitting and rejoining.

if you changed the gamemode to creative when you quit, you can change it back to survival by opening it again and enbling cheats again

#14

Scois0n
    Scois0n

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Location: MC Edit
  • Minecraft: Np27

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostGodsHeartagram, on 08 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

This guy is exactly right!! Exept for one thing, it's not called allowCheats, look for allowCommands, and change that to 1. allowcheats does not exist, but an easy mistake to make Posted Image

Thanks for this!