Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts
  • Minecraft: Enotho

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Super Hostile Guide  Posted Image

News:

• The Super Hostile Guide (SHG) will be replaced by a website that will cover the entirety of CTM maps. Website prototypes under way, domain name yet to be announced. (2013-10-16)
  • Register your email address on guide.superhostile.net/main to be kept up to date with the most recent news about the SHG!

This is the Super Hostile guide, which will help you through your Super Hostile adventures. This guide features walkthroughs, secrets, tips, and various video series.

Click here to view the original Super Hostile threadEasily access to all my videos by...Subscribing to my channel ►

Posted Image

This guide uses the following difficulty system to rate dungeons (please see the original Super Hostile thread to view ratings for the entire map instead):Posted ImageNot hard at all, not that much mobs, nor puzzles. Tons of easily accessible resources. Mostly for newbs.WOODEN TOOLSPosted ImageA bit difficult, some mobs, maybe some puzzles. Less resources, and may contain a monster spawner or two. Similar to regular Minecraft.STONE TOOLSPosted ImageNot too difficult, will contain mobs. Contains much less resources, and will contain spawners. Similar to regular Minecraft.STONE TOOLSPosted ImageDifficult, a lot of mobs. Not a lot of resources, and may contains a bit too much spawners. Similar to hardcore mode of regular Minecraft. Obviously not recommended to those without battle training.IRON TOOLSPosted ImageExtremely difficult, may contain a ridiculous amount of mobs and puzzles, and a lot of traps. Too many spawners for regular players, and those without training may not even survive for seconds.DIAMOND TOOLSIt is important to know, however, this difficulty rating system I developed is based on conquering the dungeon, NOT getting the wool. Also, tools are recommendations, and they only relate to the difficulty of the dungeon. It's not necessary to have these levels.

This guide uses color codes, symbols, and different fonts to help you quickly identify things within it like wool.Wool locations are indicated by the following structure of text:Posted Image Pink woolThe text color and wool color changes depending on which fleece box you got to.Chests are indicated by the following structure of text:Posted Image Potion - MediumThere are a few other fonts and symbols used through this guide, but they are used less often, so I won't explain them here.Thread identificators:
Spoiler:
Guide Progress
Spoiler:

Guide Entries: Regular Contributors: Like the guide? Clicking the little green button down here helps a lot! Thanks!Current guide rating 4.0! Very Good!Vechs created the Super Hostile series and the Complete the Monument genre. Any credit to the maps should be given to him. I only make the guide, walkthroughs, and tutorials. Thank you.Your donations help keep this guide running and will help make me much better content in the long term. Thank you so much for doing so!

Register or log in to remove.

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

--Sea of Flame II--
(Open-World style map)

This section will help you conquer the Super Hostile #01 - Sea of Flame II map. It is not necessary to conquer the dungeons in numeric order.

All episodes
Spoiler:

Subscribe to my channel ►

I've organized the walkthrough within these spoiler tags, so it doesn't show too much information at once on your screen, but also so it doesn't spoil everything in front of your eyes. Just click the show button to the relevant section. Revision 1.1

Posted Image Map Overview
Spoiler:

Posted Image Introduction
Spoiler:

Posted Image Victory Monument
Spoiler:

Posted Image Resource Farming
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #01 - Spire Caves (White Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #02 - Spire Depths (Orange Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Treasure Hunting
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #03 - Halls of Flame North (Magenta Wool Posted Image  )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #04 - Halls of Flame South (Light Blue Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Exploring Oblivion Spires
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #05 - Don't Blow It! (Yellow Wool Posted Image  )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #06 - Citadel Courtyard (Lime Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #07 - Upper Rageshadow (Pink Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #08 - Rageshadow Depths (Grey Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #09 - Vrinstar (Light Grey Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #10 - Oreflare (Cyan Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #11 - The Rotten Caves (Purple Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image The Giant Piggy
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #12 - Shut. Up. Spiders! Augh! (Blue Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #13 - Vault of Relics (Brown Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image The Molten Depths
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #14 - Dance Above The Flame (Green Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #15 - The Battle For The Molten Depths (Red Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Posted Image Dungeon #16 - A Snowball's Chance... (Black Wool Posted Image )
Spoiler:

Remember to post screenshots/videos of your save in the Map Progress section!

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

--Fallen Kingdom--

This map has not yet been published, so there won't be any guide here.
Meanwhile, check out another guide.

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Please update it
Every bloody CTM map series boasts that it's bigger, longer, and harder than other CTM series. It's almost as if it's a **** measuring contest. (bigger, longer, harder...)
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostPieluvr, on 02 May 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Please update it
I will, I was just busy with another map. I'm also trying to finish it, and I'm experimenting with technique. Should be updated some times this weekend (and this is no typical excuse! Posted Image)

Anyways, nice to see someone looks forward to it getting complete. Thanks!

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Postmatt_minouf, on 02 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

I will, I was just busy with another map. I'm also trying to finish it, and I'm experimenting with technique. Should be updated some times this weekend (and this is no typical excuse! Posted Image)

Anyways, nice to see someone looks forward to it getting complete. Thanks!

I finished super hostile sea of flames II without your help.I was waiting for a week and you didn't update it.I really like your guide though.Please tell me if I hurt your feelings. :)

I know you have your map but do you think you can add like the first wool or the second one?
Every bloody CTM map series boasts that it's bigger, longer, and harder than other CTM series. It's almost as if it's a **** measuring contest. (bigger, longer, harder...)
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostPieluvr, on 10 May 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I finished super hostile sea of flames II without your help.I was waiting for a week and you didn't update it.I really like your guide though.Please tell me if I hurt your feelings. Posted Image

I know you have your map but do you think you can add like the first wool or the second one?
Ok, sure, although it probably will be finished. Should be added within 8 hours, since I have school.

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Check it out! I have lots of free time to update the guide, so expect a lot to be published today!

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

--Infernal Sky II--

Posted Image Map Overview
Spoiler:

Posted Image Introduction
Spoiler:

Up Next... Resource Farming

Binba442
    Binba442

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Minecraft: Binba442

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I suggest on the First dungeon of SOFII you break the glass with the lava, and try to make it spill to light up some of the dungeon (and Burn the mobs)
Super Hostile! Maps Completed: Kazio Caverns,  Infernal sky II.
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostBinba442, on 10 May 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I suggest on the First dungeon of SOFII you break the glass with the lava, and try to make it spill to light up some of the dungeon (and Burn the mobs)
Yes, but this makes it difficult to access the coal afterwards. I'm making this guide in a way that no resources are wasted. Also, the lava can't reach all the way to the other side, ghasts can still spawn and shoot you into lava :/
But thanks for the tip, I'll think it through.

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostBinba442, on 10 May 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I just ran berserk and put torches everywhere and let the creepers destroy the spawners for me by exploding.But I suggest doing that dungeon the until you have diamond armor.

I recommend doing dungeon 1 after getting diamond or a enchanted sword with at least sharpness 2.You do not have to do it in order.
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Check out Part 5, Dungeon #02 - Spire Depths!

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

--The Kaizo Caverns--

The guide for this map won't be worked on until previous ones are finished.

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Guide help for dungeon 5

I recommend you wearing some enchanted leather armor with at least blast protection 1. Expect to die at least once .  Be sure to bring at least 2 stacks of non flammable blocks as you be making bridges over the lava. Destroy the ceiling block in the middle of the lanes every few block.
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostPieluvr, on 13 May 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Guide help for dungeon 5

I recommend you wearing some enchanted leather armor with at least blast protection 1. Expect to die at least once .  Be sure to bring at least 2 stacks of non flammable blocks as you be making bridges over the lava. Destroy the ceiling block in the middle of the lanes every few block.
Good suggestion, I'll add it in the guide when I get there.

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

View Postmatt_minouf, on 13 May 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Good suggestion, I'll add it in the guide when I get there.

Help me on some grammatical errors.It does not sounds right.If u need help for making the guide for the spider dungeon,do not ask me.I chested to get to the wool.
Posted Image

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

A very big secret: If you have a fire resistance potion, Jump into the crater of lava in the volcano. Continue going down until you see a chest.
In the small volcano go down into the volcano , I recommend getting 2 potions first, jump down into the small volcano until you reach the bottom.You should see a hole leading to coal. BAM! A seemingly endless supply of coal. ( I got about 3 stacks before I left)
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostPieluvr, on 13 May 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

A very big secret: If you have a fire resistance potion, Jump into the crater of lava in the volcano. Continue going down until you see a chest.
In the small volcano go down into the volcano , I recommend getting 2 potions first, jump down into the small volcano until you reach the bottom.You should see a hole leading to coal. BAM! A seemingly endless supply of coal. ( I got about 3 stacks before I left)
For the first volcano, I think I already posted about that chest in "Treasure Hunting". For the second one, it's the same vein as the one found in the cave system, so it's not really necessary to go down there. But it's a nice tip, using fire resistance potions. I'll add that. :D

Pieluvr
    Pieluvr

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

All of the secrets I know:
At the cathedral of suidae, there is a Zistonian space program which has signs with level 10 knockback and behind the piggy's head are 2 chest containing weapons,tools,food and etc. There are Lso some hidden pigmen spawners.
Brown wool: This is the most difficult wool in the game.( winks*)
The railway to the victory monument has rooms containing coal and some little treasures( not ores or diamonds )

View Postmatt_minouf, on 13 May 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

For the first volcano, I think I already posted about that chest in "Treasure Hunting". For the second one, it's the same vein as the one found in the cave system, so it's not really necessary to go down there. But it's a nice tip, using fire resistance potions. I'll add that. :D

Within the lava

Under the lava in the glass tube
Posted Image