• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.3.2] Shape-Shifter mod [usable... buggy, updating further]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1298 replies to this topic

UnknowGuy200

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

The chicken model doesn't really look like the perfect chicken model. Looks a little more fatter then the passive chicken. Maybe the model can get a little slight work?
The Leatherhoff.

Register or log in to remove.

dragonroar3

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

the minecraft.class file makes my minecraft crash :S

Thescorpi0n

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Heya.
This is a great mod, I really liked it.
Maybe it would be cool to eventually add the enderdragon, haha. That would be a bit hard though.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this mod and that's why I made a video of it.
I often make mod showcase videos, and I'm a youtube partner with 3300+ subs.
I hope you like the video ^_^.

Posted Image

duartel said:

Monkah_Boy said:

DimMyXx said:

Cool.
Story.
Bro.

EpicGamersunlished

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi I love this mod and I think its cool what you are doing but I wish you could add The End Dragon, Villager, Iron Golems I will tell my friend to download this.

Keep up good work :) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Howisthisaname
  • Minecraft: Howisthisaname

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Haiya, I commented earlyer and this is still a great mod but, i'd like to tell anyone that if the models are your skin and not the mobs, if you have single player commands take it off and it will work with the mobs textures!
Also, to the mod creater: You should make this a Multiplayer SMP mod, I think this will be great to play with friends or just to troll!
:D
Posted Image

SCMowns
    SCMowns

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Minecraft: SdogSteven

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Awesome Mod! Amazing. =) i love being a wolf!

I made a simple review and tutorial for your mod!

Hope you enjoy!

Posted Image

RangerRingo

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostSCMowns, on 16 May 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Hope you enjoy!

You sir are my hero

For those who were having the same problem as I was, click and drag the files FROM Mod files to the jar, not the whole Med files folder.

Brixmon
    Brixmon

Carpenter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Minecraft: Brixmon

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

I had a few suggestions for this mod. Make it so that Iron Golems attack you if you're a normally hostile mob, and make villagers (read as: caveman Squidwards) run away when you get near them. Also, the Chicken's fly and the Enderman's teleport has ABYSMAL range, and as a Fish you cannot swim down with shift when using SPC. EDIT: Also, would it kill you to have sitting as a wolf or ocelot simply bound to a key, and have it recover food slowly or something? I can't get myself so it. Sit, SIT SELF! Graah...

Edited by Brixmon, 17 May 2012 - 12:03 AM.

"I prepared explosive runes this morning."-Vaarsuvius
"The hull has been breached, and the science is leaking out!!!"-Scientist

Curser_of_Night
  • Minecraft: Sunny_Death

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

I love scaring the crap out of my friends.......Posted Image

RangerRingo

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Silverfish: Can hid in blocks. you can also pass through stone walls that are just one block thick. That could come in handy for making clean looking redstone mechanisms. Downside, speed and strength.

Zombie: can go longer without food, and rotten flesh actually heals you. This would make trips to the nether easier. Downside, you're slower, and the sun. Not a problem in the nether though.

Skeleton: Bow enchanted with Infinite arrow. Makes the Ender world easier. Downside is melee combat and the sun.

Cave Spider: Poisonous and can squeeze through tight spots (0.5). Would definitely help with making Creeper proof buildings, or (granted it works online) making better safe houses and secret entrances. Downside would be health and strength.

I have a rouge's gallery in my basement (built everything in survival, only used invedit for the eggs), and I was thinking how handy it would be to have some of these abilities

FelypePotatoScience

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Nice mod!  Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
                  Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image    Make a block!
                  Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

alphaquberg

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

found a bug : when ur a human your minecraft skin is completely gone and your steve. is there anyway to make it so we keep our mc skin?

Himatoxic

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postalphaquberg, on 17 May 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

found a bug : when ur a human your minecraft skin is completely gone and your steve. is there anyway to make it so we keep our mc skin?

Its quite simple, actually.
Inside the mod folder there is a folder full of skins for the mobs you can turn into. Simply replace the Steve skin with yours.
Posted Image

alphaquberg

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostHimatoxic, on 17 May 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Its quite simple, actually.
Inside the mod folder there is a folder full of skins for the mobs you can turn into. Simply replace the Steve skin with yours.

ok thank you very much i did not think of this i should know this i used to be plugin manager for a server thank you so much for the help it is greatly appreciated

alphaquberg

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

and one more question i guess this is not compatible with zombe mod is it due to the fact when u log in it saws zombe yw.class is not installed?

Firearm_Freak
  • Minecraft: Firearm_Freak

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

This mod is great! But it doesn't seem to get along with single player commands. :/ an update to fix that would be nice. (The game still launches, the skins and effects, however are totally screwed up.)

bugashboy14
  • Minecraft: bugashboy

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

all the mobs in game in game dont show up
Posted Image

Sylaek
    Sylaek

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Minecraft: Senaelik

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostUnknowGuy200, on 16 May 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

The chicken model doesn't really look like the perfect chicken model. Looks a little more fatter then the passive chicken. Maybe the model can get a little slight work?
it uses the same model code as notch's chicken :/

View PostThescorpi0n, on 16 May 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Heya.
This is a great mod, I really liked it.
Maybe it would be cool to eventually add the enderdragon, haha. That would be a bit hard though.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this mod and that's why I made a video of it.
I often make mod showcase videos, and I'm a youtube partner with 3300+ subs.
I hope you like the video Posted Image.

View PostDeathriding, on 13 May 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hey!

I filmed myself on this awesome mod and I have to say... I LOVE IT! Keep the updates coming! The new mobs idea is awesome Posted Image I love the fish! Can higly recommend it!

Sorry about the black bit... My rendering software glitches and refuses to render some parts :| But everyone knows what a ghast looks like Posted Image

Thanks a lot Posted Image

Sherlock Posted Image

View PostSCMowns, on 16 May 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Hope you enjoy!

Many thanks for the videos Posted Image

View PostEpicGamersunlished, on 16 May 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Hi I love this mod and I think its cool what you are doing but I wish you could add The End Dragon, Villager, Iron Golems I will tell my friend to download this.

Keep up good work Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Well, on my way - ish

View PostHowisthisaname, on 16 May 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Haiya, I commented earlyer and this is still a great mod but, i'd like to tell anyone that if the models are your skin and not the mobs, if you have single player commands take it off and it will work with the mobs textures!
Also, to the mod creater: You should make this a Multiplayer SMP mod, I think this will be great to play with friends or just to troll!
Posted Image
There are already a couple of mods that do that - (MobDisguise and DisguiseCraft), but I plan on making the mod recognise commands to make it look like the mob you appear to everyone else as

View PostBrixmon, on 16 May 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

I had a few suggestions for this mod. Make it so that Iron Golems attack you if you're a normally hostile mob, and make villagers (read as: caveman Squidwards) run away when you get near them. Also, the Chicken's fly and the Enderman's teleport has ABYSMAL range, and as a Fish you cannot swim down with shift when using SPC. EDIT: Also, would it kill you to have sitting as a wolf or ocelot simply bound to a key, and have it recover food slowly or something? I can't get myself so it. Sit, SIT SELF! Graah...
Added toggle for the sitting - H
Shall add the AI stuff

View PostCurser_of_Night, on 16 May 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

I love scaring the crap out of my friends.......Posted Image
Unless they have the mod too, they will only see you as a human (unless they have another mod installed), but Posted Image

View PostRangerRingo, on 17 May 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Silverfish: Can hid in blocks. you can also pass through stone walls that are just one block thick. That could come in handy for making clean looking redstone mechanisms. Downside, speed and strength.

Zombie: can go longer without food, and rotten flesh actually heals you. This would make trips to the nether easier. Downside, you're slower, and the sun. Not a problem in the nether though.

Skeleton: Bow enchanted with Infinite arrow. Makes the Ender world easier. Downside is melee combat and the sun.

Cave Spider: Poisonous and can squeeze through tight spots (0.5). Would definitely help with making Creeper proof buildings, or (granted it works online) making better safe houses and secret entrances. Downside would be health and strength.

I have a rouge's gallery in my basement (built everything in survival, only used invedit for the eggs), and I was thinking how handy it would be to have some of these abilities
Nice ideas, will probably implement them as part of future updates

View Postalphaquberg, on 17 May 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

and one more question i guess this is not compatible with zombe mod is it due to the fact when u log in it saws zombe yw.class is not installed?

View PostFirearm_Freak, on 17 May 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

This mod is great! But it doesn't seem to get along with single player commands. :/ an update to fix that would be nice. (The game still launches, the skins and effects, however are totally screwed up.)
I'l try to get permission to make a fix

View Postflipitypop, on 13 May 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

do i have to configure any settings because i have a mac and i cant add or change anything in my minecraft.jar file
I don't know ;-;

View PostKhaatim, on 13 May 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I want the iron golem!
Poof! done

View PostLexuh, on 13 May 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

I'm having the same problem.
Seems that it's most likely Single Player Commands

View PostRangerRingo, on 13 May 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

It doesn't appear to be working for me. I downloaded from the link in the first post, and followed the readme, but nothing happens when I press 'U'. I feel it's worth mentioning that I am not terribly computer savvy. Really, I'm quite bad with computers, and even more so with the internet.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I'm not getting a version that's compatible with Minecraft (though I assumed the link would be updated with Minecraft) or if that's a real reason.

Edit:
So I just click and dragged the files into the jar, and nothing happened. I'm not getting an error, nothing. I deleted Meta-inf, and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Not sure why - do you play with the main GUI hidden? This bug is fixed

View Postflipitypop, on 14 May 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

i cant even put it in my jar thing and if i mess around with it my minecraft goes belistic. what do i do?

oh by the way i have a mac......
please help me
have no experience with macs, but perhaps

View PostTearfalas, on 14 May 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

When you use this on multiplayer. Do you still hit more hearts as wolf or other agressive mobs. Because im planning Druids for my server Posted Image

Edit: Also do you plan to make this compatible with Mo'Creatures cause that would be so amazing.
The server controls damage/health, so no. Harder hits would require server modding.

View Postdevilbat26000, on 14 May 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

i installed it with modinstaller and no crash, but it's not working!

please help!
need a  bit more to go on :/

View PostVanram1998, on 16 May 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

You should definately make this a multiplayer (SMP) mod. I think this would be a great mod to play with friends. Or even just to troll. :} Please tell me what you think.
There are a couple of mods (MobDisguise and DisguiseCraft) that can trick other players into seeing you as other entities, I do intend to add support for those mods again later.

View Postbugashboy14, on 18 May 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

all the mobs in game in game dont show up
Not all the mobs in the game are compatible - it says which ones are after the 3rd paragraph of the main post, in bold and colourful letters ;)

bugashboy14
  • Minecraft: bugashboy

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostSylaek, on 18 May 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

Not all the mobs in the game are compatible - it says which ones are after the 3rd paragraph of the main post, in bold and colourful letters Posted Image
no what i mean is every single animal in game is invisible
Posted Image

DeadIsaac

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

Can you disable the bad passive effects?Or make a button let it disable?I don't like the bad effects.
Also,I have tongs of suggestions for you:

Cow:high protection

Mooshroom:infinite hunger

Ocelot:Scare creeper

Pig:Monsters won't attack you

Sheep:Free sleep

Squid:Swim fast

Villager:Spawn one iron golem and it will follow you

Zombie Pigman:All hostile mobs will help you attack mobs.

Blaze:Can fly

Cave Spider:Attack mobs and mobs will have poison and like spider can climb and jump.

Magma Cube:Can jump up 6 blocks high.

Silverfish:Yes!it can hide in a block!

Skeleton:Free bone meal and shoot infinite arrows

Spider Jockey:Skeleton + Spider ability and more health

Zombie:Night Vision

Snow Golem:Change back snow man to snow golem which wear pumpkin and enderman can't see you.

Iron Golem:More health and attack more health

EnderDragon:it can fly and break blocks.

Pigman:???

Sorry for my bad English.
Craft is Mine , Mine is Craft .