• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

how would you get a mooshroom to your base?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

LostFlip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Let's say there's a mushroom island 300 blocks, or maybe 500 blocks, or even 1000+ blocks away from your base, do you just make them follow you with wheat or do you have some fancy way to do it?

Register or log in to remove.

Emerald_

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Yeah wheat. I would defiantly do wheat. The only other way I could think of is making a bunch of water flows, but that would probably take over 5 HOURS!
A pencil and a dream can take you anywhere.

Blippop
    Blippop

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Minecraft: Blippop

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Water flows or minecart tracks can work but they are inefficient with regards to time and materials.

Possibly build a wide bridge for safety and lead them over with wheat into a pre-prepared area waiting for them.

Of course the other option would be to move your base and live with the mooshrooms ni their mooshroomy world.
Posted ImageInterested in Philosophy, Politics or mindless banter about awkward turtles? Check out our Blog

Hairy_Bikini

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

• Build a railway and push the mooshroom(s) in a cart.
  • Make him/her/them follow you and build temporary shelters at night. Helluva adventure.
  • Build a new base. Near the mooshrooms, accesible by Nether Portals (8x the distance rule).
  • Play in Creative and spawn them.
  • TNT cannons.

Postmaper

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

1-10 Picks with Silk Touch...

Zakhep
    Zakhep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Minecraft: Zakhep

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

By using a portal gun :D
*Grabs mooshroom*
*Jumps into portal*
*???*
*PROFIT!*

LostFlip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

If you check my seed via Amidst(47167066075773260), there's no near mushroom island. And I would want that unlimited food supply of mushroom bowls.

Hairy_Bikini

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I looked in Amidst and I didn't see one within a minute or so. But I couldn't let the program search for biomes, dont know why?
If you really insist on doing this in Survival mode, what I would do is option 3.

Make a nether portal. Build a tunnel towards the coordinates of the mooshroom biome. The distance in the nether is shorter, so for example when travelling 800 blocks in the normal world, you'd have to walk 100 in the nether. Just divide by 8.
  • Take wheat and mate the cows if you intend shearing them.
  • Or take empty bowls for milking them.
Jump in portal, run trough your safe tunnel, trough other portal, mate (glappa gloepa glappa gloepa) the cows / harvest the cows, go home with a full inventory. Take some mycel with you (Silk Touch as mentioned by Postmaper, good idea) and farm shrooms at home.
  • Make the tunnel high enough so you can sprint and jump, for that little extra speed.
  • If the second portal is not close enough to the biome, you can walk there and rebuild it (as long as it is within 128 blocks). Destroy the spawned portal.
  • If you decide to try and herd a mooshroom home it'll save you the way up.
That should give you plenty of food for a long time. I just never get tired of that stew! Hmmm

Sceadugengan
  • Minecraft: Sceadugengan

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

The seed "Naruto Shippuuden" has a mushroom biome near the spawn point.
I haven't tried that seed yet, but AMIDST said there is one.

If I have tons of cobble stone or dirt, i'd try to make a walk way over the ocean and then lure the cows with wheat.

StalePhish
  • Minecraft: StalePhish

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

My friend found a Mushroom Island extremely far away so I traveled through the Nether to get there, they used wheat to lure 3 Mooshrooms back 2300 blocks (via boat) to my nearest base. Then I put them all in Minecarts and sent them another 700 or so blocks back to my main base and farm where they have been ever since.

Typical_Name

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Only 500-1000 blocks?  Just hold up some wheat and walk :P.
Adikista is not yet fully developed and open to the public.  If you're highly interested and want to help, feel free to contact me.  Otherwise, you are free to log in, but you probably won't have much to do yet.
Posted Image
directorate.asuscomm.com | http://adikista.free...s.org/index.php

vasus267
    vasus267

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Minecraft: vasus

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Make a giant TnT cannon and try to shoot the mooshroom to your house with it.
Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne!
Leader of the Champions of Khorne clan

TheGreyCreeper
  • Minecraft: TheGreyCreeper

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

What I would do is build a rail on the way to the biome, lure the mooshroom into the cart and push him back, then get him into a position of a floating platform with a 1 block hole on it and make sure its only 2 long, then put ladder and fence around it then u can force milk it for soup and milk. Thats what i do, I must be evil like this guy.
Posted Image
Posted Image.

silentower09

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Still havent found a mooshroom paradise, but if I do see one, maybe i'll swim and walk it to home

Stingra
    Stingra

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Say 'gee, shame it's so far away' and continue to survive on bread, melons and the various meats from my farm.
Like Minecraft and other video games? Of Course you do!
Check out my Youtube channel here! http://www.youtube.com/user/stingra87

Kingmal
    Kingmal

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Minecraft: Kingmal

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostTheGreyCreeper, on 18 April 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

What I would do is build a rail on the way to the biome, lure the mooshroom into the cart and push him back, then get him into a position of a floating platform with a 1 block hole on it and make sure its only 2 long, then put ladder and fence around it then u can force milk it for soup and milk. Thats what i do, I must be evil like this guy.
Posted Image

I don't know, that seems like a lot of iron. I'd go with Hairy_Bikini's idea, it only requires 3 iron, one wheat, 16 lava, 3 diamond, a Mooshroom, and a lot of protection for the trip in the Nether. Stilll, it has a massive payoff.
Posted Image
Click to get your own! If it covered in fog, that means I've hidden it. Sorry, but then you won't be able to click it.

Rofang
    Rofang

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

This is something I was trying to figure out in reverse: How to get a sheep farm started on my mushroom island home.  After I calculated that it would take 40 real-world minutes to sprint along a (hypothetical) bridge across the ocean (let alone the frustration of building it and luring sheep across it), I decided to just have a sheep farm on the mainland and do the traveling via the Nether.  It's working out fine so far, but my Nether trek could stand to be refined.  At least I can use an End portal back on the mainland to get back to my mushroom home instantaneously.

TheGreyCreeper
  • Minecraft: TheGreyCreeper

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostKingmal, on 18 April 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

I don't know, that seems like a lot of iron. I'd go with Hairy_Bikini's idea, it only requires 3 iron, one wheat, 16 lava, 3 diamond, a Mooshroom, and a lot of protection for the trip in the Nether. Stilll, it has a massive payoff.
ur right now that i think about it, u would need about 187 iron for about a 500 long track.
Posted Image.

T4ctic4lUnicorn

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostTheGreyCreeper, on 18 April 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

ur right now that i think about it, u would need about 187 iron for about a 500 long track.

Just harvest the tracks from an abandoned mineshaft. You can get like two stacks+ for free

jeffreym23

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have a mushroom island about 1000 blocks away from my current base. I'm in the process of building a rail line from the base to the island. A lot of the line will be over land, but the last 300 blocks or so is over ocean.

Once it is complete, all I need to do is lure a Mooshroom into the station, and get it to follow me back to my base. Since I cover all my above ground minecart tracks with glass, hostile mobs won't be an issue. And if I get to the island at night, none will spawn there as well.
Posted Image