• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Buster10
    Buster10

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Okay, I'm a total noob when it comes to this. I don't know what forward port is and so on, and I'm just asking for help now. I play on a server (its not mine) and yesterday evening i could log in and play. Today, when i log in i just get the message "Failed to connect to the server connection timed out: connect". The IP is correct, im sure, cause its the same i used to log in yesterday, and to be honest, I don't even know if its just becourse the servers not online yet, but i heard alot of problems and i'd like to ask if theres a solution?

Register or log in to remove.

Froggeh
    Froggeh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Ok, this is a major question I must ask ALL of you as it seemed to be a HUGE problem with my friend... Yes, you forwarded the ports, HOWEVER... Did you forward the ports through the CORRECT IP... If you have multiple computers connected (like mine) your IP for the specific computer you are on could be (example) 192.168.0.3 or 192.168.0.70 or anything in between and more. I will post a quick guide showing you how to check if someone says they do NOT know how to check.

Posted Image

deadly4u
    deadly4u

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Op, what is your connection speed? (Download speed AND Upload speed please)  :SSSS:

Nyarlathotep

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Froggeh said:

Ok, this is a major question I must ask ALL of you as it seemed to be a HUGE problem with my friend... Yes, you forwarded the ports, HOWEVER... Did you forward the ports through the CORRECT IP... If you have multiple computers connected (like mine) your IP for the specific computer you are on could be (example) 192.168.0.3 or 192.168.0.70 or anything in between and more. I will post a quick guide showing you how to check if someone says they do NOT know how to check.
Have you not even been reading the replies in this thread? I even posted a picture to show that my port forwarding was correct.

deadly4u, I just ran a speed test:
Download Speed: 14730 kbps (1841.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 491 kbps (61.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

kert06
    kert06

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hello, i have exactly the same problem.

1. The port is open, 25565.
2. Settings are correct.
3. I tried the original server from minecraft.net, same issue.
4. Tried hey0 133, same issue.
5. The issue: I can join to my server, play, but none of my friends can play in it, they can join, i see them online, but they dont move, then will be disconnected after 20-40sec. Friends cant see ingame picture.

You users seem to be very helpful here and all, now here is some proof that my settings are correct and this is an issue some of us have, seems to be rare though.

Image 1: Router settings.
Posted Image
Also, UPnP enabled, firewall disabled in router.

Image 2: canyouseeme.org
Posted Image

Image 3: windows firewall, added an exception, aswell tried to turn off the firewall completely, no diffrence, and witouth this exception before the new server release, everything worked fine.
Posted Image

Image 4: first part of console.
Posted Image

Image 5: second part of console.
Posted Image

Notch, if you read this, can you try to fix this issue or send us the release before the new release of the server software, and allow it (not outdated message in client). Please!

Thanks.

Froggeh
    Froggeh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Nyarlathotep said:

Froggeh said:

Have you not even been reading the replies in this thread? I even posted a picture to show that my port forwarding was correct.

deadly4u, I just ran a speed test:
Download Speed: 14730 kbps (1841.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 491 kbps (61.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

*facepalm* Nonono, you have not read what I said, YOU FORWARDED THE PORTS PROPERLY YES, right port numbers, TCP and UDP, but did you do it on the right IP ADDRESS?

Posted Image

If you are connected to a routher then you HAVE to know EXACTLY which IP you are running on THROUGH THE ROUTER, -=NOT=- TO THE INTERNET or it will -=NOT=- work

Posted Image

Nyarlathotep

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Yes, Froggeh. Look at the fucking screenshot. I specifically pointed it out there! I have been setting up and maintaining home networks for nearly a decade. I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, I ran the server on my Vista 64-bit laptop, changed the port forwarding to that IP, and someone was able to connect. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the problem is local to my desktop PC. No more fucking IP related or port forwarding posts about this are required. Seriously. Please. This is not a port forwarding or IP related problem, for the millionth fucking time. Stop. The problem is local to the machine running the server.

kert06, welcome to the party. Is that Windows 7 you're using? We all seem to be Win7 users...

EDIT: Changed the post title to more accurately reflect the problem.

Also, what ethernet controller do you guys have in the device manager? Mine's:
Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

azianinvazn

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

same problem. seems to be something to do with that specific adapter. i have that exact same one.

MikaV84
    MikaV84

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

My network adapter is an Atheros L1. Windows 7 and an Atheros card seem to be the unifying factors.

rmbell
    rmbell

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Minecraft: rmbell

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Java versions as well please? For the server and client.

Froggeh
    Froggeh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

Nyarlathotep said:

Yes, Froggeh. Look at the fucking screenshot. I specifically pointed it out there! I have been setting up and maintaining home networks for nearly a decade. I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, I ran the server on my Vista 64-bit laptop, changed the port forwarding to that IP, and someone was able to connect. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the problem is local to my desktop PC. No more fucking IP related or port forwarding posts about this are required. Seriously. Please. This is not a port forwarding or IP related problem, for the millionth fucking time. Stop. The problem is local to the machine running the server.

kert06, welcome to the party. Is that Windows 7 you're using? We all seem to be Win7 users...

People can still connect (then immediately be disconnected) to your server if it is the WRONG IP address and if port isn't even forwarded. If its a windows 7 problem try different things that windows 7 only does... Such as perhaps NOT running it as an admin, sometimes double positives (in this case running as admin and router giving permission) can result in a negative. Example: The xbox 360 red ring of death only occures when you plug it into something that has a surge protector, two surge protectors will sometimes fry xboxes... NO I am NOT trying to relate these two issues, MERELY point out the fact that double positives DO in fact sometimes result in a negative... Also if your router is one to restart internet after you forward ports and save it, it is possible that it will connect you onto an entirely new IP address thus changing the outcome entirely. I was NOT stating that you did it wrong, just merely that it may have changed against your will >.>. Pay some god damn attention instead of assuming everything is saying you did something wrong and then turning around and insulting the people who are -=TRYING TO FUCKING HELP=- -.- asswipe.

Posted Image

Nyarlathotep

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:43 AM

And I've been saying it has nothing to do with the router. It's a bit counter-productive when you try to help by saying things that aren't even relevant to the problem. Tried running with or without administrative permission. No difference at all. :\

rmbell:
Java: 1.6.0_23
MC Client version: 1.1_02
MC Server version: 1.1_02

Froggeh
    Froggeh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

Nyarlathotep said:

And I've been saying it has nothing to do with the router. It's a bit counter-productive when you try to help by saying things that aren't even relevant to the problem. Tried running with or without administrative permission. No difference at all. :\

rmbell:
Java: 1.6.0_23
MC Client version: 1.1_02
MC Server version: 1.1_02

The whole time ive been telling you to just "double check the IP" thats it, but instead of doing that ONE simple step you decided to just keep saying "I allready forwarded the ports", double checking does NOT hurt -.-, I have my own private server that I use constantly, if you would add me to msn messenger, skype, xfire, or steam I could help you greatly. Preferably skype, msn and steam suck, xfire like lagging to hell, I posted them in a previous post.

Posted Image

xf11
    xf11

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

same problem here

people (and myself) try to join my server, but after a couple of seconds is gives a socket write error and doesn't let us on.

kert06
    kert06

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

MikaV84 said:

My network adapter is an Atheros L1. Windows 7 and an Atheros card seem to be the unifying factors.

mine is
Network Adapter: Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller(NDIS6.20)

windows 7
using newest minecraft and lastest alpha server
newest java jre and jdk

Nyarlathotep said:

yep i have the same adapter, i think we might have found our problem
adapter is on motherboard asus p5q

MikaV84
    MikaV84

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

I got a P5K SE.

I think we're getting somewhere.

Asus P5 series motherboard, it's onboard atheros card, and windows 7.

Now, what to do next... Let's try to come up with something. If anyone of you got another OS on another computer in the same location, please do try to host with it so we can confirm this.

MikaV84
    MikaV84

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Just a heads up: If you wanna run a private server, using Hamachi as VPN solution works for me at least. So while we figure out the problem, you can go to hamachi.cc and use it to run a server.

RPH Productions

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

I have been experencing this same problem with web servers for months. Although i have not got a clear solution i have got a tip.

Remember if you are running on a normal router and if you are trying to view your server from inside your network acting as if you were not using the external IP then all you get is either the admin page or a error. Unless you have a commercial router you have to use internal IP inside the network but to test it properly go to google translator and translate the full URL. (e.g. http://127.0.0.1/) this should load it properly. If it errors READ THE MESSAGE because i am guilty of not reading error messages and if it says the website is too complex or something simular replace that index page with something simular and it should work. Or you can just test it someware outside your network!

Learnt from experence.
Any further problems email: [email protected] and i will try and help.

Nyarlathotep

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

I have an ECS motherboard with the Atheros L1 onboard. I have Ubuntu also installed on this computer, and I just tried running the server from that, and it worked fine. Like I said earlier, I had no problems with my Vista computer on the same network. We can definitely narrow it down to Windows 7 and the Atheros L1 then. Now it's time to find a fix that doesn't involve buying a new network card. :| Any ideas?

xf11
    xf11

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

I do have a p5q motherboard and also have the same issue

good find, now what :l