9 replies to this topic

Verlian
    Verlian

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Minecraft: Verlian

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

So yeah, anyone having that major problem?

I had this NPC village on SMP i've been working hard on protecting and all.. It's semi large with about 15 houses/15 doors. But each time i've been over at it, there has been less and less villagers in it so i started expanding and building more houses and doors around it but even that didn't help at all. I do pretty much understand the concept and mechanism behind Villagers reproduction as well.
The few villagers that were around did never reproduce so i ended up with two lone villagers which i reacted to trapping them into a house to create a safe place for 'em to be in, without the worry about mobs.
But one of them escaped and died by the hands of a zombie which leaves me with one lonely villager in my pretty much dead village.

So i'm just wondering... I know the previous patch had a bug with NPC villagers overproducing... But now it seems that it's the complete opposite. NPC villages keep dying out everywhere, from the other NPC villages i've seen too, on my SMP server.
So am i alone in this fact or?

Register or log in to remove.

Kull14
    Kull14

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1362 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

They probably despawn. SMP servers are always buggy to.
Empty Signature is Empty........

Verlian
    Verlian

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

They didn't really despawn. They either die from Sieges or such... but never despawn from what i've seen.
Reproduction just does not seem to work on SMP very good.

lukizzz
    lukizzz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

villagers not even respawning like creepers or other mobs

FillyRarity

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Strange... My villagers are fine.

Fear me, for I am cheese.

Verlian
    Verlian

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postlukizzz, on 16 April 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

villagers not even respawning like creepers or other mobs

Well DUH. They DO breed with each other to maintain a constant population level in a village.
The actual size of the population in a NPC village is determined by the amount of houses, which is defined by the number of doors etc.

VladimirUSSR

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hey, I saw this while looking for smp servers centered around living in npc villages and I was wondering if you could let me join your server? I don't care how many people there are; as long as there are villagers 1 or 2 other players to help you live with the silent monastic villagers everything is ok. I mean, they may be dying but you could make a new map probably, right? Because on popular servers people find a village out in the desert and they strip down the doors and take all the valuables, leaving it vulnerable, and by the time I've found it it's already been dead for years. Literally, years. Thanks for reading this, and hope I can play! (Forgive me, I'm new to minecraft and eager to find a fun multiplayer experience!)

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

Welcome to the forum.  But you did this wrong in about 47 ways.

There's a forum section for servers.  It's called Servers.  You can find servers there.  This is Minecraft Survival, where we talk about Minecraft survival.  At the top of the forum it says, "DO NOT ADVERTISE SERVERS HERE."  But noobs do it constantly, anyway.

Also, this thread is two months old.  How did you even find it?  The people who started it are probably dead of old age.  Or at least not paying attention any more.

Now go find a server.

Krodon
    Krodon

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

You need to build a wall around the village, and light the area well. The wall is there so no zombies get inside, and for no villagers to get out. >:D
My Suggestions:
Spoiler:
Youtube Channel:
Spoiler:

Poketracket

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

How is a three month thread on the front page of the Survival forums again...?

Posted Image