11 replies to this topic

Len_lfc
    Len_lfc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: Len_Lfc

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

So I'm playing my my friend on My Server which is on my PC. My friend can join fine & so can I when I play on my PC, but my PC is getting old & when I have my Server on at the same time it can get a bit laggy. So I'm playin Minecraft on my Laptop. However I cannot join my server when playing on my Laptop. I get an erroer message saying:

"Connection Lost

InternalException Java.netSocketTimeoutException: Read time out"

& on the server it says disconnecting [IP Address here] Took too long.

Can anybody help? Or have any ideas how to get this working? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Register or log in to remove.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

What are your client and server versions?

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

Len_lfc
    Len_lfc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Well, they're all fully updated [updated both today infact], so that should be 1.2.5.

Huffmanbran

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

Are you running bukkit, and also are you port forwarding? Or renting a server.

Len_lfc
    Len_lfc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Just a regualar Server downloaded from Minecraft.net & I have the 25565 Port Forwarded, I thought that was clear by my friend being able to join. & it's my own free server, I don't even know how to rent a server?

Huffmanbran

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostLen_lfc, on 16 April 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

Just a regualar Server downloaded from Minecraft.net & I have the 25565 Port Forwarded, I thought that was clear by my friend being able to join. & it's my own free server, I don't even know how to rent a server?
Make sure you're server is turned on, then type for the Ip 'localhost'

Len_lfc
    Len_lfc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

I don't mean to sound offensive, but that is no help at all as it was the first thing I've tried. I have played Minecraft for over a year, & been hosting my own Server for a little under that time. I have only started playing using my Laptop today, I just can't connect to my PC Server for some reason. But thatnks for the help anyway. Any other tips? It's really got me baffled...

EDIT: I guess I should let you know what it says when I try 'localhost'
it says:

"Failed to connect to the Server

Connection refused: connect"

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

If it is showing up within the server console, it is likely either a firewall issue or a router issue. Double check your firewall, making sure that port 25565 is allowed through on both UDP and TCP, and that it is not blocking incoming java connections.

If none of that works, you can attempt power-cycling your router: http://www.ehow.com/...dem-router.html

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

Master_Mas
  • Minecraft: master_mas

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

try your local ip address with the port on the end. This sometimes help it. Also another trick is to see when you enter the multiplayer screen on minecraft look at the console, it may tell you if ip:port has lost connection. Then you know that you are seeing the server.
Master Mas
Minecraft is just another game, but is better than all the others

Len_lfc
    Len_lfc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the help, but sorry that's not the issue, The port is open for both UDP & TCP, & it's not blocking Java connections. My friend can join just fine & I can join when I play MC on my PC, but when I try connecting from my Laptop I get those error messages I posted. I can play on my PC, but I get lag sometimes as my PC isn't powerful enough to host a server & run MC simultaneously Posted Image

& the server application says Disconnecting "/**.**.***.**:50074: Took too long" [* represents my IP, I thought it was best not to post it.] after I fail to connect.

Edited by Len_lfc, 16 April 2012 - 11:03 AM.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Try running the Minecraft server on the more powerful machine, and connecting using its local address. Simply put, the number you have port-forwarded is what you will use to connect with the laptop.

Len_lfc
    Len_lfc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Well my Laptop is more powerful, but I heard that it's bad to host a Server on a laptop, because it can overheat the laptop. I don't know if that's true, but I didn't intend to find out. Anyway, I logged into my router to find out the IP for the port I forwarded (there are so many IP's I lose track) & I connected to that IP & now it works. So thank you very much I really appreciate the help! If you eed any help, I'd be happy to return the favour, not that I'd be very helpful though mind :P