[1.7.2] [LiteLoader] Gammabright - Advanced Brightness / Fullbright Mod

brightness fullbright gamma lighting nightvision toggle forge liteloader

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

kymaster
  • Minecraft: kymaster

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Posted Image
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Gammabright (2/9/14): Now updated for LiteLoader 1.7.2_02+!

After a week of learning a brand new API, Gammabright has been updated for Minecraft 1.7.2 using LiteLoader! LiteLoader works seamlessly with Forge, just click the "Chain to Minecraft Forge" option.

From now on expect quicker updates, greater stability, and additional features.

Hope you enjoy! (if you do, leave a comment... I really appreciate your feedback! Posted Image)

Hey everyone, kymaster here! Posted Image
This is the first mod I have released on these forums.
Hope you like it! I will try to make this page as helpful as possible.
I'd also like to give a shoutout to Vazkii, who gave me a ton of help with Gammabright when I first began modding.

Some of the great features like the adjustable brightness were made possible by him. He also created the logo above! =)

Introduction
Wish you could see better in the dark? Can't stand it not being day? I thought so. Meet Gammabright.
Gammabright is an advanced brightness and fullbright mod for Minecraft! Originally starting out as a simple fullbright mod, Gammabright has evolved into a multi-purpose mod that can be used for a wide variety of purposes. Casual players, PvPers, YouTubers and livestreamers - Gammabright is for you.

Further Explained
Gammabright allows you to adjust your in-game brightness, the same brightness controlled by the game's brightness slider, way beyond the default limits. Minecraft's brightness slider is very limited and can only adjust the brightness between a set range of 0 to 100%. With Gammabright, you can adjust your brightness to values way beyond. The lighting of all blocks, mobs, entities, even water!, can be overhauled. And, unlike past fullbright mods, you don't need to worry about any lighting glitches or dark spots, and smooth lighting still functions like normal. So... interested yet? Why not give Gammabright a try!

Preview GIF
Posted Image

Dem Pics
Spoiler:
Open spoiler for pictures (if GIF is not working)...

Mod Spotlight
Thanks Vox Populi for the amazing review! (v2.0.2)

Create your own spotlight and you may see it above!
For more reviews, see here.

Features & Uses
Now running LiteLoader for greater stability!
● Overhaul your in-game brightness with the tap of a key
● Watch your brightness grow via the on-screen brightness indicator
● Quickly adjust your brightness using the arrow keys
● Customize Gammabright even further via its config file (see Configuration)
● Never suffer through the darkness of night again!
● See clearly while mining in dark caves, ravines, and caverns
● Spot your enemy faster while engaging in PVP
● Assist your viewers by giving your videos a brightness boost
● Spot those pesky mobs before they see you... Posted Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Download Links -  **Gammabright requires LiteLoader!**

Gammabright v2.1.1 for Minecraft 1.7.2 (LiteLoader) - Download (dropbox - 2/9/14)
- Make sure to download and install the 1.7.2_02 release or later from the LiteLoader thread here

Gammabright v2.1.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4 (LiteLoader) - Download (dropbox - 2/9/14)

Gammabright v2.0.2 for Minecraft 1.6.4 (Forge) - Download (dropbox - 9/28/13)

How to Install Gammabright with LiteLoader
  • Download the latest version of LiteLoader for your version of Minecraft from the link above
  • Run the installer to install LiteLoader (to chain with Forge, check the "Chain to Minecraft Forge" option in the installer)
  • Download the correct version of Gammabright for your version of Minecraft from the download section above
  • **The file downloaded should have the extension ".litemod". If it does not change it!**
  • Start Minecraft and select the LiteLoader profile from the launcher screen, then run the game
  • After now running LiteLoader at least once, put the Gammabright .litemod file into the now available "mods" folder inside your .minecraft folder
  • Run the game and enjoy!
A Helpful Note: For versions of LiteLoader for Minecraft 1.7.2 and on, there is a sweet little LiteLoader tab on the right side of the screen available on the main menu and pause menu. Click this tab to view information about LiteLoader and all of your installed LiteLoader mods! Look for Gammabright... (it better be there!)

"G" is the default toggle. Can be changed through Minecraft's "Controls" screen. Read the sections below (How To Control Gammabright) to learn how to use all of Gammabright's adjustment controls and (Configuration) to further customize Gammabright to your liking.

Changelog
Spoiler:

Older Versions
Spoiler:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How To Control Gammabright - READ ME
Spoiler:

Configuration (config located at ".minecraft\liteconfig\common\gammabright.json")
Spoiler:

FAQ / Fixes
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Copyright
Spoiler:

Suggestions? Feel free to recommend ideas! Posted Image

Thanks for stopping by!
-kymaster
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts
  • Minecraft: Vazkii

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Nice to see 1.1 is now out, anything you did past my edits that you didn't tell me?

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

kymaster

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostVazkii, on 28 May 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Nice to see 1.1 is now out, anything you did past my edits that you didn't tell me?

Hey Vazkii,
With your version, after adjusting the brightness with the arrow keys, when you toggle it off the brightness just stays the same and doesn't go back to the disabledBrightness setting. It took me a little while to figure it out, some trial and error, but I got that fixed. Now all the adjusting works perfectly. I also added a reset key (down arrow key) to make it easier to go back to the default enabledBrightness setting and renamed the keybindings for the mod because other buttons in the Controls menu overlapped the text. Along with that, I made a couple more tiny adjustments and just played around with the code to get it the way I liked it. I'm already picturing some neat ideas for the next update, but we'll just have to wait and see... Posted Image

I appreciate the help!
Posted Image

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Nice nice.

I guess it's good for when somebody is fighting mobs at night or when attacked so you know who hit you.

Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

View Postkymaster, on 28 May 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Hey Vazkii,
With your version, after adjusting the brightness with the arrow keys, when you toggle it off the brightness just stays the same and doesn't go back to the disabledBrightness setting. It took me a little while to figure it out, some trial and error, but I got that fixed. Now all the adjusting works perfectly. I also added a reset key (down arrow key) to make it easier to go back to the default enabledBrightness setting and renamed the keybindings for the mod because other buttons in the Controls menu overlapped the text. Along with that, I made a couple more tiny adjustments and just played around with the code to get it the way I liked it. I'm already picturing some neat ideas for the next update, but we'll just have to wait and see... Posted Image

Thanks for all the support!

Yeah, makes sense, I'm using minecraft forge so I see a different keybind menu from you, and as such I couldn't detect the overlap issue.

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Oh, you have a new banner :P

I was going to do you one but I guess I got beat to it.

kymaster

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostVazkii, on 29 May 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Oh, you have a new banner Posted Image

I was going to do you one but I guess I got beat to it.

Yeah, it's just a basic one I made with the mod slideshow in the background.

I also noticed that you updated your main mods thread! The new thread layout looks great.
So QuickFPS is renamed to EasyFPS. Seems like a smart decision...
I will have to try out some of your other mods again, especially Double Workbench and Health Bars. Thanks for updating all of them!
Posted Image

Neon_ColorsFTW22

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Downloaded the new update plus the update manger

Thanks for the awesome mod

Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postkymaster, on 02 June 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Yeah, it's just a basic one I made with the mod slideshow in the background.

I also noticed that you updated your main mods thread! The new thread layout looks great.
So QuickFPS is renamed to EasyFPS. Seems like a smart decision...
I will have to try out some of your other mods again, especially Double Workbench and Health Bars. Thanks for updating all of them!

Haha, you don't have to thank me :3

RuffiansDestiny

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is GREAT!!!  WOW, I sure am enjoying this mod!!! Thank you very much!!

kymaster

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostRuffiansDestiny, on 17 June 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

This is GREAT!!!  WOW, I sure am enjoying this mod!!! Thank you very much!!

No problem, glad to hear it! Feel free to leave any suggestions. :)
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

New update (v1.2) in progress. Brightness will be controlled in smaller values

Wat? Wasn't that already in?

Code is also being cleaned up

More cleanup? Damn.

Off-topic but still: You should check out my new macros mod for some cool text parsings and suff, it may be usefull ^^ (SHAMELESS SELF-ADVERTISING)

a

kymaster

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostVazkii, on 23 June 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

New update (v1.2) in progress. Brightness will be controlled in smaller values

Wat? Wasn't that already in?
In version 1.1, the increments were by 10 (while sneaking) and by 1. At first for this version I was trying to make the increments 1 (while sneaking) and 0.1 when not. However, floats like the gamma value do not work well with increments of 0.1. Here's an example of what I mean. I've tried for days to increment the brightness by 0.1 using different techniques, rounding, casting it to an integer and dividing... let's just say it's too much of a struggle to continue on with. I've changed the value now to 0.25, which thankfully causes no problems when being added to floats. It's a little higher than what I wanted, but it works just fine.

View PostVazkii, on 23 June 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Code is also being cleaned up

More cleanup? Damn.
There were some bits and pieces of useless code in the mod. I removed that and also renamed some things to make the code easier to work with. Some other features were added, but you'll just have to wait and see. ;)
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

To start off, casting it to an integer won't work since an integer can't have a decimal value, but you could have just converted the value to a double I think.

Well, I guess, let's see what you have in stock!

Edit: I mentioned CM1.1, it's out btw.

Hydrox6
    Hydrox6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

A suggestion: what if you made the brightness fade in when the light level falls below a certain pre-defined amount.

kymaster

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

View PostHydrox6, on 24 June 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

A suggestion: what if you made the brightness fade in when the light level falls below a certain pre-defined amount.

Good idea. I'm just about to release the next version, but I will definitely consider it for the next update. :)
Posted Image

Neon_ColorsFTW22

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

Great job with the mod!

Your really working on this mod a lot as i can see from all the stuff you fixed and added ;)

I think i said i was gonna bump the thread by giving it a +1 in my other replies but it looks like i didn't which i would do right now.

Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

1.2 is very nice, but why .25? Have you tried setting your gamma value to a double and casting it to a float when you're going to change the render value? That should work I think.

kymaster

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostVazkii, on 25 June 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

1.2 is very nice, but why .25? Have you tried setting your gamma value to a double and casting it to a float when you're going to change the render value? That should work I think.

Well this is odd. When trying to get this to work the past few days I did the same exact thing as you've stated. I set enabledBrightness to a double and casted it to a float when changing the value, but the brightness level on screen was always 1% above the real value when going under 0 (ex. appeared as -129 on screen, -130 on brightness slider) and at random times 1% under the real value when adjusting it above 0. After seeing your post, I tried again to get it to work and I think I've got it! From what I've discovered, adding and subtracting 0.1 didn't screw up the percentage shown on the brightness slider, which is what I'm comparing the Gammabright values to, just the percentage shown on screen. To fix this, I wrote a little if statement that says add 0.001 to enabledBrightness when the value is above 0, and subtract 0.001 when it is under. This is all taking place before multiplying the brightness, casting it to an int, and dividing. Anyways, this seems to of fixed it. It's difficult to explain, but it's working perfectly as of now. If you'd like to look at the source to see for yourself just ask and I'll send it to you. I think I'll add this change in a quick update.
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2518 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

View Postkymaster, on 25 June 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Well this is odd. When trying to get this to work the past few days I did the same exact thing as you've stated. I set enabledBrightness to a double and casted it to a float when changing the value, but the brightness level on screen was always 1% above the real value when going under 0 (ex. appeared as -129 on screen, -130 on brightness slider) and at random times 1% under the real value when adjusting it above 0. After seeing your post, I tried again to get it to work and I think I've got it! From what I've discovered, adding and subtracting 0.1 didn't screw up the percentage shown on the brightness slider, which is what I'm comparing the Gammabright values to, just the percentage shown on screen. To fix this, I wrote a little if statement that says add 0.001 to enabledBrightness when the value is above 0, and subtract 0.001 when it is under. This is all taking place before multiplying the brightness, casting it to an int, and dividing. Anyways, this seems to of fixed it. It's difficult to explain, but it's working perfectly as of now. If you'd like to look at the source to see for yourself just ask and I'll send it to you. I think I'll add this change in a quick update.

Go ahead if you want to send me the source, I guess there should be a more optimal way to do that, I'll try to get a grip on it trough.

EDIT: You should add to the topic that you can use Minecraft Forge instead of ModLoader, that's because of FML.