Latest News Article

1-Tick Redstone Clock

infinite

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MojangCreeper
  • Minecraft: MojangCreeper

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hello! This is my first (100% by me) redstone clock. I was derping around with redstone when I made it, and now I'm posting it on the forum! I've no idea how to post pictures so here is a rough design on how to build it:

1 = REDSTONE
2 = BLOCK WITH REDSTONE
3 = REDSTONE TORCH
4 = REPEATER
5 = LEVER

Sorry if it's hard to read. I'll try to get pictures up soon. I hope you like it and use it in your future creations! Posted Image

EDIT: btw the repeater must be facing the redstone torch next to it otherwise it won't work

EDIT2: PICTURES YAY!
Posted Image
Sorry if it's derped up. I tried my best. The switch is for turning it on and off.
You See Me Trollin'. You Hatin'

Register or log in to remove.

Kristaver

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

It goes ot after just a few clicks, or am I doing it wrong? Please post pictures :)

MojangCreeper

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

No it does not go out - it's infinite tell me what's wrong and i can help. And i have no clue on how to post pictures, sorry

bespeboy
    bespeboy

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Minecraft: Bespeboy

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

use imgur to post pictures... upload a picture ot imgur and it gives u a link thing that says forums... copy that link thingy and paste it in the forum and it should show up as a picture

MojangCreeper

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

k thanks

MojangCreeper

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

pictures are up :3

Magix
    Magix

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2743 posts
  • Minecraft: Magixx

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

It's not a 1 tick clock, it's a pulser - useless for most things. You can hook it up to a dispenser for a "machine gun," that's about it.

The easiest way to figure out if you made a clock and what the on/off period is, is to put a bunch of repeaters next to each other. In a 1 on/1 off clock, you would have the same pattern coming out from the clock - one repeater is powered, the next one isn't, the next one is, etc.
This one leaves an inconsistent pattern - most of the time all of the repeaters are going to be on, sometimes a couple of them will be off, etc.

Actual 1 tick clock designs can be found here - http://www.minecraft...-designs/#CLOCK
Posted Image

MojangCreeper

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

oh... ok... well that sucks. Thanks for the help. But also in an adventure map you can put eggs in the dispenser and hook it up to my pulsar and use it as a spawner replacement

EDIT: ok tested out what i just posted. THAT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA THERE! I crashed my game... So yup the only thing this can be used as is a machine gun. Sorry

RedSteven

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Or you can just put 2 repeaters side by side facing opposite directions, put redstone on either side and send in a 1 tick pusle to start it.

By your key

MojangCreeper

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostRedSteven, on 15 April 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Or you can just put 2 repeaters side by side facing opposite directions, put redstone on either side and send in a 1 tick pusle to start it.

By your key

That's a 2-tick clock I think. Kiershar uses it in a few of his things. I made a pulsar.

RedSteven

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostMojangCreeper, on 17 April 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

That's a 2-tick clock I think. Kiershar uses it in a few of his things. I made a pulsar.

Nope, It spend one tick on then one tick off and can't ever burn out.

Its functionality equivalent to a rapid pulsar but is technically a 1 tick clock.

EDIT: it does lack toggle-ability, but that can be added the same way you would make any repeater clock toggle-able.

Oliz
    Oliz

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

I think i have found a new one too. I was messing around with redstone today and i discovered a way to bypass the torch burning out. It is not the most compact. If this design has already been found, i am sorry. I found this by accident.

Basically it works on the idea that whilst one torch is burnt out the others keep ticking.

Posted Image

I think it works with as few as two, but for extra security you can add as many as you want.
The output is taken from the redstone dust.

Marsupilami

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Zombie thread. Back from the dead after almost 2 years by a 1 post newbie. Nothing usable in here as things have changed a lot in 2 years. Please leave dead threads in the graveyard.