• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Something I realize about servers.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Something about servers (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Does this happen to you?

1. Yes this has happened to me (11 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No it hasn't (22 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes I agree 100% (21 votes [61.76%])

Percentage of vote: 61.76%

2. I don't agree with you (13 votes [38.24%])

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

SpicyCheetozzz
  • Minecraft: SpicyCheetozzz

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Everytime I go to a server I play for about 2 months and get ranked to admin or mod along those lines. But after that the server really changes at one point the owner loves you now he hates you. Then you get demoted for some reason that doesn't even apply to the servers rules. And banned for no reason. This really pisses me off. Owners should be mature and responsible people not people who just joke around and make people mad.

Register or log in to remove.

Krayzy8
    Krayzy8

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Minecraft: Krayzy8

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostGoombaGeek3, on 14 April 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I have my own philosophy on how to run a server.
- Dedicated ops are better than protection mods.
- Don't say griefing is allowed just because you're too lazy to backup your maps.

It's not too difficult, but I think if I keep refining a set of basic rules I could make the Idealistic Set Of Server Rules™.

Somebody give this guy a medal.

Devon206
    Devon206

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 670 posts
  • Minecraft: devon206
  • Xbox:PC. Nuff' Said.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yes it happens but mostly never on white-listed servers though...
very write much signature wow

schmintendo
  • Minecraft: schmintendo

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

You, sir, get a 1 up
Posted Image
Check me out at raptr.com!

penguinzftw
  • Minecraft: pl1324

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I feel like that 50% of server owners think that because they have power over pretty much everything, they can cause havoc and wreck shit.
I run a 1:1 TF2 weapon exchange! http://www.tf2outpos...m/trade/1111111

CAN_Archer
    CAN_Archer

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4660 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostSpicyCheetozzz, on 14 April 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Everytime I go to a server I play for about 2 months and get ranked to admin or mod along those lines. But after that the server really changes at one point the owner loves you now he hates you. Then you get demoted for some reason that doesn't even apply to the servers rules. And banned for no reason. This really pisses me off. Owners should be mature and responsible people not people who just joke around and make people mad.

When someone promotes you to admin or mod of the sever just because you've played for a selected period of time (let alone 2 months.) he/she must be a bad owner.

Posted Image

its me peardude
  • Minecraft: peardude

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thats just a problen of server owners that are just worse than stoped....dumb yes thats the word. Dumb server owners.
All I want for Christmas is feeesh!

SpicyCheetozzz

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

View Postschmintendo, on 14 April 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

You, sir, get a 1 up
Thx :D

View PostCAN_Archer, on 14 April 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

When someone promotes you to admin or mod of the sever just because you've played for a selected period of time (let alone 2 months.) he/she must be a bad owner.
What I meant to say was I play for 2 months get trusted and be nice.

Devisioned
  • Minecraft: DEViSiONED

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

X

Epione
    Epione

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Minecraft: reverieAlice

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Apparently, I am atypically nice for a Minecrafter, so it takes me no time at all to reach the top of a virtue-based hierarchy. The soonest I've ever become moderator was within three days of joining, and this is in the same lobby as donators who have settled in a month prior as 'Trusted' members. I did not feel like I deserved it, and actually said that to the owner. He was only further convinced.
To make matters worse, two small servers I have invested in stagnated shortly after I dropped out of them, and it was definite in one of those cases that I was the glue that held the server together!
I guess I can relate to the OP, but instead of being banned, I bring down entire servers as I leave. I should probably just keep to myself in the future.

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts
  • Minecraft: mega245

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostFlandre21, on 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Apparently, I am atypically nice for a Minecrafter, so it takes me no time at all to reach the top of a virtue-based hierarchy. The soonest I've ever become moderator was within three days of joining, and this is in the same lobby as donators who have settled in a month prior as 'Trusted' members. I did not feel like I deserved it, and actually said that to the owner. He was only further convinced.
To make matters worse, two small servers I have invested in stagnated shortly after I dropped out of them, and it was definite in one of those cases that I was the glue that held the server together!
I guess I can relate to the OP, but instead of being banned, I bring down entire servers as I leave. I should probably just keep to myself in the future.
maybe that's why the Mini-girl in your avatar is so cute. :P

Posted Image

Epione
    Epione

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Minecraft: reverieAlice

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

View Postnintyboy245, on 16 April 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

maybe that's why the Mini-girl in your avatar is so cute. :P
Thanks! I thought it suited me.

Trainis
    Trainis

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

... *Note to self, avoid flandre at ALL COSTS* I simply try to stay out of people's ways and help newbies when I get the chance, have spare resources, and feel like it.

Edit: Like, I go find un-conquered lands and settle down over there. Then move as people come along.

Posted Image

Generation 24: The first time you see this, put it in your signature with +1 generation. A social experiment

mega9man
  • Minecraft: mega9man

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Yeah i need to agree with you.
The new players: i need to get wood and food.i need to make a shelter very fast!
The ops: HERP DERP /gamemode op 1  I NEEDIZ TO BUILZ a BIGGY CASLEZ FOR DA SPEVHN
The Owner: /ban holycrap352 /ban mees4ge5 /ban oos33ud /ban 43dwsaua31 dey're stipid dey dont kow how to build.

This proves that most of the owners are little whinny kids.Same with the ops.

Kaltivel
    Kaltivel

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

If I was opped on some server when I never even wanted to be one I would just type "/stop". Or maybe "/deop [whoever_gave_me_the_ops]" and then "/ban [that_same_guy]" and then I would use "/stop". I wouldn't want to cause any real damage, just some annoyance.

Personally I think OP's should be people who the admin knows IRL or at least they would have to be REALLY REALLY trusted people. Admins who are willing to give OP powers to just about anyone who can behave nicely two days in a row are crappy admins.
Hence already means "which is why". "Hence why" is redundant.
The truth about Minecraft. (The site is satire, by the way)

SpicyCheetozzz

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostGifter44, on 16 April 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Yeah i need to agree with you.
The new players: i need to get wood and food.i need to make a shelter very fast!
The ops: HERP DERP /gamemode op 1  I NEEDIZ TO BUILZ a BIGGY CASLEZ FOR DA SPEVHN
The Owner: /ban holycrap352 /ban mees4ge5 /ban oos33ud /ban 43dwsaua31 dey're stipid dey dont kow how to build.

This proves that most of the owners are little whinny kids.Same with the ops.
Every server I played on the owners were younger the whole playerbase I had to help the owner atleast 10 times with plugins lol

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts
  • Minecraft: mega245

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

if i live near spawn i usually give them supplies if the server doesn't already. but i've never been promoted to mod or admin. :(

Posted Image

Roflyx
    Roflyx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I play on a (non working x.x) server with whitelist and I admin. Actually I'm OP because one of the OPs really really trusts me :D
Everthing I use Admin for is to make day, night, self heal, self feed and weather :3 (I LOVE this small server)
Posted Image

SpicyCheetozzz

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just got banned for no reason again when can I find a server where I don't get banned for no reason!

CAN_Archer
    CAN_Archer

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4660 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostKaltivel, on 16 April 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

If I was opped on some server when I never even wanted to be one I would just type "/stop". Or maybe "/deop [whoever_gave_me_the_ops]" and then "/ban [that_same_guy]" and then I would use "/stop". I wouldn't want to cause any real damage, just some annoyance.

Personally I think OP's should be people who the admin knows IRL or at least they would have to be REALLY REALLY trusted people. Admins who are willing to give OP powers to just about anyone who can behave nicely two days in a row are crappy admins.

I agree entirely, just giving admin powers to someone you don't know is like giving the wheel of your bus to a passenger.

To me sever owners and admins are like BF3 jet pilots, it takes practice, patience, and responsibility to maintain a smooth trip. If you don't have these well-

Posted Image