Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Hamachi move

1.2.3 server hamachi port forwarding

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

I have got a modded minecraft server that runs through hamachi. However hamachi is crap, it can only have 5 people in a network and that's of no use to me.

How would I change my server to run through port forwarding rather than hamachi?
thanks,
Tom

Register or log in to remove.

#2

jefe
    jefe

    Creamymin

  • Forum Admin
  • 16137 posts
  • Location: Colorado
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Port forward, here are some guides:

http://portforward.com/

#3

nickryba333
  • Location: In my dreams, dreaming of me on an island
  • Minecraft: nickryba

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Be sure to check your ip go to your cmd and type in ipconfig /all check the ipv4 and see if it doesn't say: 192, 10, 172 or 169 on the first three digits of the ip, if it does have fun with hamachi.

#4

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postnickryba333, on 14 April 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Be sure to check your ip go to your cmd and type in ipconfig /all check the ipv4 and see if it doesn't say: 192, 10, 172 or 169 on the first three digits of the ip, if it does have fun with hamachi.
So if the ip starts with 192, 10, 172 or 169 i'm screwed?

#5

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

anyone else got an idea on it?

#6

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

So if the ip starts with 192, 10, 172 or 169 i'm screwed?

No, you are not screwed.

Have you checked the guides out that jefe323 linked?

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#7

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

No, you are not screwed.

Have you checked the guides out that jefe323 linked?
yeah I checked them out, set up the service and done the firewall thing... but my server is saying its failing to bind to the port, 'perhaps another server is running on that port' :(

#8

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

yeah I checked them out, set up the service and done the firewall thing... but my server is saying its failing to bind to the port, 'perhaps another server is running on that port' Posted Image

Remove the IP from the server.properties, with port-forwarding it is not needed at all

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#9

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Remove the IP from the server.properties, with port-forwarding it is not needed at all
*headdesk* thanks Posted Image the server says its working now Posted Image But my laptop wont connect to it :-/

wait, will the ip address be different now?

#10

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

*headdesk* thanks Posted Image the server says its working now Posted Image But my laptop wont connect to it :-/

wait, will the ip address be different now?

If you are in the same network (aka, connected to the same router), you will need to use the local IP, which usually starts with 192 or 10. When you port-forwarded, you should have found that IP.

Others will use your external IP

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#11

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

If you are in the same network (aka, connected to the same router), you will need to use the local IP, which usually starts with 192 or 10. When you port-forwarded, you should have found that IP.

Others will use your external IP
Hmm... My server used to be 5.99.230.27:25565, the local IP of the router is 192.168.0.1 and its saying the external IP is 92.2.6.87

I've tried to connect to all of these IPs and none of them are working

#12

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hmm... My server used to be 5.99.230.27:25565, the local IP of the router is 192.168.0.1 and its saying the external IP is 92.2.6.87

I've tried to connect to all of these IPs and none of them are working

You need the server's local IP. On the server, start the command prompt, and type in "ipconfig". The local ip for the server will start with 192.168.0.x

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#13

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

You need the server's local IP. On the server, start the command prompt, and type in "ipconfig". The local ip for the server will start with 192.168.0.x
Do you mean type ipconfig into the server window? id so it tells me the command isnt recognised and I should type help :(
And if you mean my command prompt on my computer I cant find  bit for the server

never mind, I was looking at the wrong address

#14

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Do you mean type ipconfig into the server window? id so it tells me the command isnt recognised and I should type help Posted Image
And if you mean my command prompt on my computer I cant find  bit for the server

never mind, I was looking at the wrong address

I assume you found it then?

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#15

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Thanks a lot for all the help :) But what address do I give people so they can join? Since they wont be on my network...

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I assume you found it then?
Yes, for my computers

#16

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for all the help Posted Image But what address do I give people so they can join? Since they wont be on my network...


Yes, for my computers

Others will use your external IP

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#17

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Others will use your external IP
Ok, I'll get a friend to connect

#18

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

They say that they cannot connect to the server :(

#19

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

    Typoing Absolmin

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Location: Route 120
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostThomas9666, on 16 April 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

They say that they cannot connect to the server Posted Image

Can you post screenshots of your port-forwarding?

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image


#20

Thomas9666
  • Location: Scotland
  • Minecraft: Thomas9666

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostLord_Ralex, on 16 April 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Can you post screenshots of your port-forwarding?
Which bits?