Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

socket write error / recv failed - Disconnecting from MC Servers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kryostic
  • Minecraft: Kryostic

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

So, I've been playing minecraft with the following error for the past 2-3 months. I get disconnected from servers from 4 seconds to, well, never. It's quite strange. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can enlighten me to the answer.
Recently I can join a server, stay there for.. maybe 10 seconds, then everything 'freezes' and nothing responds. It's a tad hard to explain. So, I can place a block, destroy blocks, and other things, then I get disconnected, and when I log back in, what I made is gone. All commands (/ping, //wand, WE commands in general) don't respond when the 'freezing' occurs.

Pic:

Posted Image

Our internet is probably the second worst thing out there, we're supposed to get like 520kb down and 90kb up (Yes, it's DSL) but we're lucky to get 280kb down / 50kb up on a good day. Lately, our upload has been horrific: .01kb/s

If it helps, computer specs:
Spoiler:

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!
~Kryostic
Question: What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9? Answer: 42
I never thought the universe made much sense.

Register or log in to remove.

12Kenzy_1999
  • Minecraft: kenster1092

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

It could be that the server or your version of Minecraft is outdated. Update Minecraft and tell the admins to update the server.
MC name: kenster1092
Join me on The Hive! I play The Herobrine,  Survival games and a few Arcade games!!!
Posted Image

Kryostic

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'm the Head Moderator of the server, I'm quite sure it's up to date. It happens with all server too.
And yes, I'm running 1.2.5, the server is 1.2.4.
I've had this issue since probably during 1.0

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4908 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Lately, our upload has been horrific: .01kb/s
You need to contact your DSL provider have your line checked.
Really low rates can be caused by noise / errors on the line, and this can cause your connection to die as well.

Kryostic

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postgerbil, on 14 April 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

You need to contact your DSL provider have your line checked.
Really low rates can be caused by noise / errors on the line, and this can cause your connection to die as well.

Obviously.
But I don't have any issues with any other games. BFBC2, Black Ops, and TF2 don't have ping spikes, I don't get random disconnections.
Then again those games aren't written in java.

Kryostic

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Bump :/

Anyone have a possible answer?

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4908 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Then again, those games may not be using TCP, but rather UDP which is not connection oriented and therefore won't ever have connections fail.    We can discuss the relative merits of TCP v UDP at another time.   Your opinions on Java are uninformed.

Meanwhile .01kbps upload rate is an obvious, immediate, measurable problem that has nothing to do with MC or Java and should be addressed.

If you are familiar with tools like Wireshark you may want to fire it up.  It is possible that duplicate IP addresses / IP address conflicts on your local network can cause BOTH connection drops and low throughput due to lost packets and excessive retransmissions.

MatthewIslanders

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Ive been having the same problems, But i have no internet problems, and all of my other games seem to be working fine. But, i recently switched from win Xp to Win 7. And now MC doesnt work. I redownloaded  MC and java so many times. I tried the changing transmit buffer settings. I feel like nothing has/will ever work. Lol Help?

BrainStew
    BrainStew

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: Shuzu

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have the same problem! i cannot stand it anymore! lately suddenly i started to get this error, before it happened i had problems connection to minecraft.net after logging in started working fine this socket write error started occuring. im desperate for playing SMP!

stringburka

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Bumpin' this as my LAN friend seems to have the same issue.

asianspy
  • Minecraft: asianspy

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

bump
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.