I was thinking of making something similar to this yesterday! Thank you! :D

Register or log in to remove.

johnnyd2
    johnnyd2

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

if anyone is hosting a game of this, i would like to join.

vipeness
    vipeness

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

there are a few servers on the reddit of this mod.

http://www.joystiq.c...in-a-game-dota/

Grats on Joystiq!

Zealock
    Zealock

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

wow that's so cool :D

WarCrime342

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Created an account to post. I was playing this on a Barroncraft server being hosted by NullReff (see link). During our gameplay, portions of the redstone circuitry failed. Item shops on the blue side stopped working (not sure about red) and creeps absolutely refused to spawn automatically (on both sides). Only a select amount of places in the jungle areas allowed creeps to spawn when you hit the button.

Also, the buff mechanisms refused to work as well. Speed, Power, and Blessing were not functional. Towers and Nexus mechanisms worked still and we were able to finish the round with what we had.

This was a VERY VERY enjoyable game you've created. With the addition of a few custom-configured Bukkit plugins, I'm almost positive that Minecraft: DOTA will become a really big thing within the community. Thank you.

Edit: I also wanted to say that special item shops need a large price increase. There wasn't much farming and PVP became lopsided quickly. Often enough that when a player was slayed the killer ran off quickly with his loot to buy more items. The enemy team became very defenseless.

I'd be more than willing to provide some more detailed feedback and some suggestions as to how to fix it, but this topic reply is already getting long.

blitzscrank
  • Minecraft: blitzscrank

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

Definitely my new favorite map. This is too awesome for words. The amount of time that it looks like has been spent into this map is astounding. I love League of Legends but I've never played Dota before.

The idea for towers is brilliant and the creep system is amazing o.o This is everything I hoped for and more!
Posted Image

Zealock
    Zealock

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostWarCrime342, on 14 April 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Created an account to post. I was playing this on a Barroncraft server being hosted by NullReff (see link). During our gameplay, portions of the redstone circuitry failed. Item shops on the blue side stopped working (not sure about red) and creeps absolutely refused to spawn automatically (on both sides). Only a select amount of places in the jungle areas allowed creeps to spawn when you hit the button.

Also, the buff mechanisms refused to work as well. Speed, Power, and Blessing were not functional. Towers and Nexus mechanisms worked still and we were able to finish the round with what we had.

This was a VERY VERY enjoyable game you've created. With the addition of a few custom-configured Bukkit plugins, I'm almost positive that Minecraft: DOTA will become a really big thing within the community. Thank you.

Edit: I also wanted to say that special item shops need a large price increase. There wasn't much farming and PVP became lopsided quickly. Often enough that when a player was slayed the killer ran off quickly with his loot to buy more items. The enemy team became very defenseless.

I'd be more than willing to provide some more detailed feedback and some suggestions as to how to fix it, but this topic reply is already getting long.

Thank you very much for taking time to post feedback, I'll look into bugs asap! We only had 2 weeks total to work on this map and played about 2 games, feedback is very important for us Posted Image

You are right the game can turn out very ugly for the losing team, that's why I suggest banking a lot - but that means even more walking around - I need to think about ways to fix this.
Yes the prices are fairly low at the moment, it's because I didn't want people to send their game buying and getting angry at the shops hehe, we are thinking about a way to make it easier for shopping, maybe setup dispensers that auto buy items and that way we could increase prices, but then again, increasing prices would decrease the chances of the losing team for a coming back.

Did the host have server view distance set to 15 ?  I just tried the map and it worked, however at server distance 10 I got the same bug as you did

Are you sure buffs were not functional ? You need to be close when you activate it, it's basically a dispenser hidden behind the button - the closer you are, the longer the buff will stay on. (I'll add tip that in the main post)

Zealock
    Zealock

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

After that, I re-installed the map, went to mid and it took about 5 secs, it depends on where you stand. I'm thinking about forcing the 1st wave of mob as soon as the game starts - by the time you kill them, the detection system should kick in

Anyways, I'll make a complete tutorial very soon :)

grishkin
    grishkin

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

This looks like a great map idea, and i have a server set up with Bukkit, i was wondering if anybody had a good block breaking prevention mod, and how to use it thnx.

Zealock
    Zealock

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

http://dev.bukkit.or...estructa-world/

I haven't tried it yet

SapientalMadness

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Sick map indeed, fascinated with orbs detection system! BTW I wonder what do you use for this kind of graphics in minecraft? And whats your system, Im just suspicious about working it smoothly on my system

And also can we use sugar canes nearby the river to trade items?

Edited by SapientalMadness, 14 April 2012 - 01:07 PM.

sxe_jm
    sxe_jm

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

i normally dont get files like this one, can someone help me figure out how to set it up on minecraft. How to drag it in my save folder and make it look like all the other files i have in there?

Fluffy_Jesus

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I played last night on Barroncraft aswell.

I noticed a few thing:

Colored skins are A MUST. NOT OPTIONAL. Solid red / blue would do. It was WAY too easy to get confused on who was on your team.

Voice chat is a MUST. You cannot communicate with just your team without some plugin, and it was very odd to use in a MOBA style minecraft. no good. I reccomend that you reccomend that servers have a TS server or something for teams. It would be MUCH easier that way.

As said, Items are too inexpensive. I would reccomend doubling the cost. That may be a bit overkill, but we shall see.

Thats all for now. Im on Skype and have 2 people talking in my ear, lol.

But VERY good work! I  refused to play LoL with my friends because I was playing it. While I was sick too, if that tells you anything about how fun it is.

bb_ploinky

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

assuming you created this, i made an account just to thank you. this looks incredibly cool.
as a dota and league of legends AND minecraft fan, i look forward to trying this out soon ;)
thank you, sir!

BebopVox

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Very awesome map and GREAT idea. Look forward to showing it off on this weeks Minecraft Monday Show.

I put tons of work into producing the "What's Up In Minecraft" show. Every Monday about everything Minecraft - News, Reviews, Weekly skins, Mods, texturepacks and TONS more! .

sxe_jm
    sxe_jm

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

yo noob here how do i install this??

Zealock
    Zealock

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostFluffy_Jesus, on 14 April 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

I played last night on Barroncraft aswell.

I noticed a few thing:

Colored skins are A MUST. NOT OPTIONAL. Solid red / blue would do. It was WAY too easy to get confused on who was on your team.

Voice chat is a MUST. You cannot communicate with just your team without some plugin, and it was very odd to use in a MOBA style minecraft. no good. I reccomend that you reccomend that servers have a TS server or something for teams. It would be MUCH easier that way.

As said, Items are too inexpensive. I would reccomend doubling the cost. That may be a bit overkill, but we shall see.

Thats all for now. Im on Skype and have 2 people talking in my ear, lol.

But VERY good work! I  refused to play LoL with my friends because I was playing it. While I was sick too, if that tells you anything about how fun it is.

Thank you so much for this! Alright I'll increase the prices Posted Image

patch notes will probably look like this for the first patch (based off feedback and testing) - this patch should be applied this week!

Good news, I didn't know iron armors could be enchanted... very good for balancing Posted Image

Scheduled patch for this week

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch note 1.2
  • When playing with strangers, skins are recommended. (Blue team - Red team)
  • All helm has been removed from the game to help team recognition, except the aqua helmet.
  • The aqua helmet is limited to 1 time purchase per side that can be obtained in the jungle.
  • Several signs has been added to give helpful tips.
  • Normal armor shops now has the for following items prices:
Iron Boots (3 items)
Iron Chest (4 items)
Iron Legs ( 4 items)
Iron Legs +2 Protection (6 items)
Iron Chest +2 Projectile Protection (5 items)
Iron Boots +2 Protection (6 items)
  • Special armor shops now has the following item prices:
Diamond Chest +4 Protection (6 items)
Diamond Legs Combo +2 Protection (6 items)
Diamond Boots +3 Protection (6 items)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeping the special armor shop prices fairly low to motivate people upgrading shops - will see if it's worth keeping low prices in the future.

Jimorrison

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

View Postsxe_jm, on 14 April 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

yo noob here how do i install this??

1) Download the map. You will be given a zipped file.
2) Unzip it using winrar or 7zip. A new folder called "Minecraft Dota 1.2" will appear.
3) Place the new folder in the saves folder. (C:/Users/(YourName)/AppData/.minecraft/saves)
Posted Image

Fluffy_Jesus

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

The item shop seems fair, considering 40 items are needed to get into it. Dont double their prices, maybe rais them by 2?

Zealock
    Zealock

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostFluffy_Jesus, on 14 April 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

The item shop seems fair, considering 40 items are needed to get into it. Dont double their prices, maybe rais them by 2?

For the special shop ? Hmm, I'm trying to keep low prices because buying stuff can be annoying. I'll consider pricing them up a bit tho - and reduce jungle mobs spawn maybe.

However, if the map gets popular, we'll find a way to make all purchases automated and fast