• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Hiro
    Hiro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

Does anyone know whether or not it's still possible to create those huge Nether portals using hacked Portal blocks? If so, how exactly?

Been trying, myself, but it won't work at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  Problem?

Register or log in to remove.

Irreconcilability
  • Minecraft: Reboh79

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

Mind explaining to me what it is? And how you do it?
I will try it and help you by telling you if it worked, but I need to know how to do it and what I am doing so please tell me.

Hiro
    Hiro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:17 AM

It was essentially a bug that allowed you to use portal blocks hacked with InvEdit to make massive portals of various shapes, not restricted by the usual 4x5 limitation.

I know there was some special method but I can't recall it right now ._.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  Problem?

Irreconcilability

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Be right back, I am off to try to hack in some portal blocks and try it out like you said. Maybe it will work.

Future237

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

He means doing a portal like this, and i think its not possible.

:Zombie:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :obsidian:
:obsidian: :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :obsidian:
:obsidian: :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian: :obsidian:

p0rtalplayer

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:19 AM

I thought any placed portal block could teleport you to the nether...?
Posted Image

arcticwolf15

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:19 AM

Irreconcilability said:

Mind explaining to me what it is? And how you do it?
I will try it and help you by telling you if it worked, but I need to know how to do it and what I am doing so please tell me.

Basically, you hack in the "portal blocks" (the actual portal, not the frame) and make giant portals. I've done it with MCEdit, but when placing portals by hand, if two touch, the portals with disappear.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

videofreak said:

Hosting images on MediaFire? Are you high on cat urine?

Hiro
    Hiro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

Future237 said:

He means doing a portal like this, and i think its not possible.

:Zombie:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian: :obsidian:
Yeah, but I remember seeing a lot of images of huge and funny shaped portals between the Boo! update's release and a month or so ago. Hmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image
  Problem?

Irreconcilability

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

Ok, so from what I tested, I can't put 2 portal blocks directly next to each other, but I can diagonally. Also, when you go into the Nether, a portal is automatically made based from the normal. Is this the problem you were getting?
EDIT: Ninja'd

Gamewinners42
  • Minecraft: Gamewinners42

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

INVedit has stand-alone portal blocks
instead of
:D  :P  :)  :D
:D  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :D
:cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:
  :cobblestone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :cobblestone:
:cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:
It's a single  :mossystone:
I guess you could use these to make what ever you want :mossystone:

Posted Image  

bythrone
    bythrone

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: bythrone

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

you could try using mcedit to fill in the blocks of a portal so that you start with this

:Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  []  []  []  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
:Diamond:  []  []  :obsidian:  []  []  []  :obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:  []  []  []  :obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:
[]  :obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:  []
[]  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:  []  []  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []
[]  []  :obsidian:  []  []  []  []  []  :obsidian:  []  []
[]  []  []  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []  []  []

and end with this

:obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []  []  []  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  []  []  []  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:
:obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  []  []  []  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:
[]  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  []
[]  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []
[]  []  :obsidian:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :Violet:  :obsidian:  []  []
[]  []  []  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  :obsidian:  []  []  []
"Whats the 'G' for?"
"I don't know..."

bluevein
    bluevein

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

Tested using invedit portal blocks and obsidian. Not possible. You can get one or 2 down, but the blocks dissapear before you can finish making a few connected pieces.

Tested using mcedit. You can make the portals and use them, but if you place or remove any blocks in range the portal disappears. Build room then portal and your fine.
Also, Stanley is addicted to drugs and hookers.

Hiro
    Hiro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

bluevein said:

Tested using invedit portal blocks and obsidian. Not possible. You can get one or 2 down, but the blocks dissapear before you can finish making a few connected pieces.

Tested using mcedit. You can make the portals and use them, but if you place or remove any blocks in range the portal disappears. Build room then portal and your fine.
How close is "in range"?

Posted Image

Posted Image
  Problem?

Trainzluigi
  • Minecraft: Trainzluigi

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostHiro, on 02 January 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

How close is "in range"?

Right next to the swirling portal. The black is the range, purple is portal.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImageThis This banner isn't linked, so do a clicky there --> http://itchy-dog.co.uk/