Latest News Article

The castle from Fallen Kingdom

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Quantitas
  • Minecraft: Quantitas

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Check out post 19 for the compleet version
I don't know how much people here have seen it, but i am recreating the castle from this:

The remake won't be 100% with the video as Captain Sparklezused some diffrent kind of stone on certain places. I will try to get it as close as possible to the timelapse of the builders though( ) and at the moment its still 100% the same as far as i know.

At first i didn't want to show anything untill it's done, but my friends told me to show it right away. Here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DezoLord
  • Minecraft: DezoLord

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

That's pretty sweet. Well done.
Posted Image

Werds
    Werds

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Nice job. Good luck, you seem to already have quite a bit of building skill...

Jay_Em
    Jay_Em

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Minecraft: Jay_Em

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Looking good. I think Captain Sparkelz used the Dokucraft Mini texture pack in the video.

Quantitas

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

He used the regular minecraft texture and dokucraft texture. Because of this i use the blocks i see on the timelapse of fyreUK. They used dokucraft, and thats why i am using that too to build it.

I have started to landscape the back of the castle, this will take some time as i am doing this by myself. At the moment i am working on the throne room. Its hard to get everything identical, most things are out of screen and some things are hard to make out, but i think its comming along nicely. Tomorrow i shall post some screenshots again.

If anyone sees something is off, please tell me so i can improve it.

_purple_monkey_
  • Location: sitting here watching your face mimmicing these words laughing like crazy!!!!!
  • Minecraft: melondy120

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

hey 1 guy in the seed place wanted to know a seed that had the terrain that captain sparklz used, could u help him out on that mabey?
i know u dont want to click those dam ass eggs but what has the egg done to u??? why not take a few secs out of your misrable little life to click him??? *pwetty pweese*Posted Image

Bluebomber54
  • Minecraft: bluebomber54

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

This looks really good, +followed. Can't wait to see the throne room.

Womboe
    Womboe

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Minecraft: Womboe
  • Xbox:OctopusUniverse

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Dang yo :D
Quagsires Rule!

Quantitas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

I got a few problems with parts of the castle, they dont show or are under a very streched angle. I will contact CaptainSparklz and ask him if he can send me screenshots of these parts. Otherwise i will have to improvise and build something myself.

Update of today:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

chipz_
    chipz_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Minecraft: chipz_21

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Will it be up for download when its done? It would be great tot walk around and maybe re-create some of the scenes in a multiplayer server! I look forward to this buildings completion. One thing though, can't we just ask captain sparklez to release the map? And also, make sure you raise the landscape to be more mountianous around the castle. In the behind the scenes video he says that he told the builders to make a castle surrounded by mountains, so you need to re-create that best as possible too!

I'm quoting myself! :)

Quantitas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

I am building this on a server where i am mod. When it is done i will put the server in the server sections. The map was made by fyreUK so i dont know if it can be releashed. As far as i know you can donate to get on their server to look at their builds though.

I am re-creating the castle, but i am not re-creating anything else the exact same. When i started building i planned on making it on diffrent terrain, and that is what i am sticking with, it would take a very long time to build those mountains. The village will have my own touch as well (though i use their structure designs) and i am also gonna make a harbour.

When i get alot more done, i will update again.

Tucking_Fypo
  • Minecraft: TuckingFypoz
  • Xbox:Tefster

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

This is amazing!

LEGENDARY PEOPLE

Posted Image

DuneCoon619
  • Minecraft: Diabetic Waffle

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I really like your banners.
Right now I am working on a giant castle/compound/house called Shmoopy's House.Posted Image

marksmann

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

looks awesome will you upload more pictures?Im using youre topic and videos to make the castle

Quaternary

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Looks beautiful! Keep up the work, would like to see how it'd turn out.

And love the song :D

Posted Image

BZAnathema
  • Minecraft: BZAnathema

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Part II: underground redstone looping the song over and over.

View PostIGTranquility, on 24 December 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

its a game with exploding green monsters, get over the hunger bar.

KooalaBear123
  • Minecraft: KooalaBear123

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Wow, your an amazing builder! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the finishing product Posted Image

Posted ImagePlease check out my EPIC puzzle map!

CyberToon

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostQuantitas, on 13 April 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

I got a few problems with parts of the castle, they dont show or are under a very streched angle. I will contact CaptainSparklz and ask him if he can send me screenshots of these parts. Otherwise i will have to improvise and build something myself.
did you watch the Behind the scenes video? it shows some content the others don't.

Quantitas

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am sorry this post took this long. It didn't take me to build it though Posted Image. I have pictures of the compleeted version here. The map is not up for download, i made this on the server i play on (cant name coz rules). The main video i used was the timelapse by FyreUK and even though it seems diffrent, every part show in the video is in it. The only thing i didn't do is the bridge, i don't have something to connect it to.

(click picture for full screen)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Moelawn
    Moelawn

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Location: Just helped destroy The One Ring and now on my way to Tamriel
  • Minecraft: Moelawn

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

thats amazing. i think this would definitely get captainsparklez' attention and see if he could post it on youtube. keep it up.
Posted Image
Bazinga!