• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] nohero's mods: 3/28/14 HUGE Bug fix update + unlimited health! (cap removed)

ssp function tools gameplay hearts zelda smp 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
1720 replies to this topic

Poll: Questions (850 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be fine with ONLY a forge-required More Health mod?

1. Yes, I usually get forge anyways! (767 votes [91.97%])

Percentage of vote: 91.97%

2. Yes, even though I don't normally use forge. (14 votes [1.68%])

Percentage of vote: 1.68%

3. No, I don't like forge. (32 votes [3.84%])

Percentage of vote: 3.84%

4. No, too much of a hassle. (21 votes [2.52%])

Percentage of vote: 2.52%

A Preference: More health hardcore mode?

1. LOVE IT!!! (208 votes [40.39%])

Percentage of vote: 40.39%

2. I like keeping my hearts :) (102 votes [19.81%])

Percentage of vote: 19.81%

3. IM HARDCORE BRO!!!!!! (64 votes [12.43%])

Percentage of vote: 12.43%

4. It's a nice challenging option, but I personally wouldn't want it. (141 votes [27.38%])

Percentage of vote: 27.38%

A new heart system-- through enchantment?

1. Yes, I would like armor only to have +1-? heart enchantment (19 votes [46.34%])

Percentage of vote: 46.34%

2. Yes, I would like all armor/weapons to have +1-? heart enchantment (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

3. No, I would not like this additional system, but it would be fine as an option (14 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

4. No, I don't want it at all (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

How many hearts should the new enchantment system have?

1. +1-2 (enchantment I and II) (14 votes [34.15%])

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

2. +1-3 (9 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

3. +1-4 (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

4. +1-5 (17 votes [41.46%])

Percentage of vote: 41.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • Minecraft: Eddieboy987

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:06 AM

POPULAR

nohero's Mods

~~~More Health ENHANCED!~~~

(MC V1.6.4)

What is this mod?

More Health is a complete overhaul of the health system. You can gain more health (hearts) with heart containers crafted from 4 heart pieces (found in most chests and dropped by bosses!!) and/or gain health through levels (exp). You can completely customize your starting hearts (set it at 3 for Zelda nostalgia!) and max hearts (caps at 30 hearts!). In addition, you can customize the level ramp, which included the levels you earn hearts at. Finally, you can choose to turn the heart items mode and RPG mode on or off.

+HARDCORE MODE! On death, lose all your heart progress and reset to starting health!

+some mods may have heart container patches (i remember tales of kingdom)  

+Blacksmith chest, mineshaft shaft chest, and Stronghold chests have Heart items!

+Jungle/Desert Temple Chests have Heart Item loot! Picture:

Spoiler:

.::DOWNLOADS::.

More Health Enhanced V5.2 MC 1.6.4

Universal Download

Download for BOTH client and server!

Required: Forge API

Made for Forge 9.11.1.934-other versions may work.

Installer is the best way to use Forge on MC 1.6+

More Health Enhanced Patches  

None as of now.

SSP Installation:

Spoiler:

SMP Installation:

Spoiler:

Config File:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Compatible with Advanced HUD and Rei's minimap

If you want to install those two mods with mine, add them to the mods folder! Set the width of health bar in Advanced HUD >60. 1 width= 1 health = 1/2 heart.

Credit: MCforfreeuser

More Health Enhanced Information and Old Downloads:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Current Task:
More Health 1.7.4
More Health Enchantment System.
Luck's Edge update- Blades and Shards (on hold)(last updated 8/6/13)

Recent Changes:
3/28/14: More Health Enhanced 5.2: Huge bug fix update for 1.6.4
10/20/13: More Health Enhanced 5.0: Updated to 1.6.4, fixed minimalistic HUD issue, increased cap to 50 hearts. Also updated 1.6.2 version as well (4.5 V2)
8/6/13: More Health Enhanced 4.5: Updated to 1.6.2, revamped health/hud code to work with new version.
6/29/13: More Health Enhanced 4.2: New HUD options and easier installation process.
6/2/13: More Health Enhanced 4.0: updated to 1.5.2, no more base class edits! Small changes.
4/9/13: More Health Enhanced 3.2: updated to 1.5.1, Hardcore mode added!
1/19/12: More Health Enhanced 3.0: updated to 1.4.7, SMP!In this time period I fixed up some bugs on 2.7 and started SMP beta testing.
12/29/12: More Health Enhanced 2.7: updated to 1.4.6, fixed critical health bug.
12/17/12: More Health Enhanced 2.5 rev.2: fixed texture bug by consolidating texture folder.
12/16/12: More Health Enhanced 2.5 rev.1: switched to forge texture method, removing some old modloader code.
12/15/12: More Health Enhanced 2.5: updated to 1.4.5, uses forge. Decreased chance of finding heart items.
12/9/12: More Health Forge 2.0 (Fixed): fixed can't pick up blocks/use potions bug, had to do with my level up logic breaking if the user used heart containers in addition to the rpg mode.
11/19/12: More Health Forge 2.0: forge compatibility for 1.4.2
11/11/12: More health Enhanced 2.0: updated to 1.4.2, updated save system, added new loot locations etc

Old Changes:
Spoiler:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Spoiler:
I have given permission to the Yogbox to publicly distribute a modified version of my mod.Archive:
Spoiler:
If you found my mods interesting/useful/etc, please vote this post up! Visibility is an awesome thing Posted Image I'd really appreciate it if you do!

Edited by nohero, 29 March 2014 - 02:50 AM.

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/EiDeHua Right now I'm doing a let's play of Sleeping Dogs! Working on updating my Luck's Edge mod, a LOT of new content! Also I've got another mod idea in mind! -Updated 8/16/12

Register or log in to remove.

whikihow
    whikihow

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:08 AM

Good luck to you but WHY NOT BETA?????

:)  :SSSS:  :SSSS: BUMP  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:
Posted Image [SSSS]

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:10 AM

i plan on adding it to beta later, but I really cannot discipher beta code T.T so at least knowing the classes from alpha should help my guess and check for the right classes
Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/EiDeHua Right now I'm doing a let's play of Sleeping Dogs! Working on updating my Luck's Edge mod, a LOT of new content! Also I've got another mod idea in mind! -Updated 8/16/12

Fire7548
    Fire7548

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

The player DOES have 20 health. 1/2 of a heart counts as one health point.

cocoa647
    cocoa647

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Minecraft: cocoa647

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

please make it so that the heart containers are only found in dungeons, sort of like zelda,

and for the gui for the hearts, can you make it so that it makes the 10 extra hearts over the old hearts, except that these will be a different texture.
Posted Image

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

Fire7548 said:

The player DOES have 20 health. 1/2 of a heart counts as one health point.

20 FULL hearts :)

As for the heart container, i dont think i will make it craftable, but rather found in dungeon chests. Later I might have the golem from battletowers drop a full heart in LOZ fashion

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:26 AM

also, step 1 (easiest step) done! Now the player spawns with 20 full hearts (ive tested and i fell off several times b4 i started to show me actually losing hard. Now i have to add a new row of hearts so u can see the damage taken!

Fire7548
    Fire7548

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Good luck!

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

Goal 1 complete! Check out some screenies:

Posted Image

Hope you like!
Estimated time on goal 1: give or take an hour, but installation of MC nostalgia, MCP and all the other stuff i needed to actually start modding makes the time loonnnggg

I'll be starting goal 2 later, going to enjoy new year's eve and wait for the ball drop now! The hard parts come next....

WolfHound

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:02 AM

Very nice! Cool looking too. Brings back the days of LoZ :Water: And it kind of stinks that people like us have to make the mods in Alpha because we're too new to manually make them Beta compatible. Meh.
Posted Image

Fire7548
    Fire7548

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

Good thing I saved 1.2.6A!

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

WolfHound said:

Very nice! Cool looking too. Brings back the days of LoZ :Diamond: And it kind of stinks that people like us have to make the mods in Alpha because we're too new to manually make them Beta compatible. Meh.

Haha Loz is so fun :Diamond:
yeah but then again every modder had to start somewhere hmm? Its just unlucky that we started right at beta and there is no MCP to help :)

zzlegacyxx

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

This could come in handy o.O

Fire7548
    Fire7548

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hey, after you're done with the health mod, you should make something similar for armor (and maybe air?).

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:48 AM

Fire7548 said:

Hey, after you're done with the health mod, you should make something similar for armor (and maybe air?).

Good idea! haha i was like air? then i realized. Although I dont want it to be just a gimmie. Like for hearts you need to find more heart containers, i dont know what for armor or air.

edit: perhaps the way i coded it actually affected the armor as well o.o

WolfHound

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

nohero said:

Fire7548 said:

Good idea! haha i was like air? then i realized. Although I dont want it to be just a gimmie. Like for hearts you need to find more heart containers, i dont know what for armor or air.

edit: perhaps the way i coded it actually affected the armor as well o.o

Maybe armor you find like... lumps that you can attach to your armor allowing it to take more damage. Or a type of device that allows you to breathe under water for a much longer allotted time. Maybe even something for that gives you a few seconds to get out of the lava.
Posted Image

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

There is only one problem with armor, as it doesnt work the same as health because it has durability and strengths (also based on armor type) which works different then more health. So now im making a new heart container item, anyone have a good sprite of it on the ground and in your inventory?

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:50 PM

Progress! (AT LAST)
The heart container exists!!!! (the icon is of the red apple though. made it drop from a pig to test the item was at least created as an itemfood. odd how i can't make a class itemheart, with basically the same code as itemfood cuz nothing drops.) EDIT: itemHeart now works!!  now time to work on the maxHealth variable that will hopefully make this work as I have intended.
Posted Image

Finally some progress. a few hours went down the drain with odd problems with the MCP. at times it couldnt find the start class (and i smartly added the start.class into the bin but it still didnt work) and other odd errors where the test_game would show no updates, + maybe some fail trying to add maxHealth integer.

nohero
    nohero

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Behold!
Posted Image

The heart container's ability is Partially working now! So i have suddenly got an idea how to fix this problem doing it a different way then I had (i am having trouble accessing the same int variable (and change it) from multiple classes, if anyone knows how to do this please help!)

And the poll is very close! I will take the winner when I finally finish making the heart container work properly... hopefully the end of today.

Bannanas
    Bannanas

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

Nice... No... Good job... No... Seriously fking awesome, keep up the good modding work :)