• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Gryze_Jager
  • Minecraft: Gryze_Jager

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

landområder av tre

inspired by the the port of Hambeck and others

Foreword

landområder av tre is an Island far away in a ocean. This topic tells the story of how the villages are being build and developed. The map is made in WorldPainter. All buildings are constructed with creative mode. progress might seem to be slow but I want to be realistic. Rome wasn't built in a day! Or was it?

I like to hear your opinion on this

Posted Image

In a far away land, the people of the Treland started a village. It first started with one house. A storage shed to be exact. They first built the foundations. And after that they started building the walls. It took a long time and it was already getting dark. They worked hard and kept working during the night till it was finished.
Spoiler:

Update: 04/08/2012

The next morning the people of Treland found a big cove next to their settlement. The imediately started to mine and builded a bigger storage shed. As it was getting night and the building wan't finished the villagers retreat in their former storage shed.
Spoiler:

Update: 04/11/2012

As the production of lumber grew, landområder av tre needed some way to processing the lumber in usable wood and planks. The solution for their problem was building a windmill for faster producing. Before they were able to build it they needed to demolish the old storgae house to make space.
With the village growing faster, the people needed to build more houses to sleep in.

After a couple of months, the people noticed not far away of their town there was the coast. they also noticed that sometimes boats were sialing by. Grey, the mayor of the town decided to build an harbor and inn to trade with the ships and make conntact to other people across the world.

With a bigger village and trading, it was unthinkable that there would come a time thiefs and smugglers would be attract to the fine lands of landområder av tre.  Grey ordered to build an Fortress next to the harbor for protection, safety and order. It took several months to build the fortress, but the result was amazing. The harbor of landområder av tre were now safer and more and more ships were trading with the lumberjacks from the wood. Landområder av tre was slowly getting known for the fine strong wood they produce.
Spoiler:

Update: 04/14/2012

The months pass and Landomrader kept growing as new ships arrive every day. The goods that were delivered were sold on the new market that was built in order of Lord Grey. With no place to sleep and store safely their goods. The merchants bought up some land and builed a merchant house.

Posted Image

Lord Grey noticed that the west coast of the shore was getting weaker every day. So he consulted his engineer. He concluded that the salt water of the baltic sea caused the erosion and if it continues to erode the whole shore will be gone. Lord Grey was worrying and decided to stronger his coast by building a stone harbor.Now the coast was not only safed from further erosion. The harbor was also expanded.

Posted Image

Now there was more room for expansion on the harbor. Lord Grey decided that the fortress ,that was protecting the island, was not big and strong enough to hold against danger from the sea. Lord Grey ordered therefor to build an great and big castle capable to defend the island. The architects and engeneers started to plan and came with a great design. It was going to be a big castle so they needed to cut down a big part of the forest.

Posted Image

Slowly the buidling was built. It took several month to came at the stage were the castle finnaly look like a castle. It will take many months to finish the castle but the building for now, gives something to look at.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What Do I Use?

Texture pack: Dokucraft continues; Dark
World: generated in Worldpainter
Mods: TooManyItems, Optifine, Singleplayercommands

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

King Waffle
  • Minecraft: therandomwaffle1

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Sounds like a decent idea to me, keep going with it
BRB

Liberaliter

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Good to see a village grow away from the sea :)

Gryze_Jager

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Update!
Yeah, I know that it was a couple of hours ago when I started this topic, but I thought by myself.
why not post some progress already? because not much happened.

Posted Image

JayAvalon
  • Minecraft: JayAvalon

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

You ought to come up with a name for it, Land of Wood isn't too catchy.
A good idea might be to decide on a country in real life with which to base this village on, then simply translate "Land of wood", or "Wood-land" into their language with a translator.

For example "Wood-land" in Norwegian would appear to be "Tre-land", or "Treland"
And "Lands of Wood" would be "landområder av tre"

Oh, and i'll add it to my map shortly.

Posted Image

Gryze_Jager

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostJayAvalon, on 10 April 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

You ought to come up with a name for it, Land of Wood isn't too catchy.
A good idea might be to decide on a country in real life with which to base this village on, then simply translate "Land of wood", or "Wood-land" into their language with a translator.

For example "Wood-land" in Norwegian would appear to be "Tre-land", or "Treland"
And "Lands of Wood" would be "landområder av tre"

Oh, and i'll add it to my map shortly.

I like the name landområder av tre. And thanks that you will add me.
also thanks for the suggestion

Posted Image

JayAvalon

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

No problem, here's the updated map:

Posted Image

You've got a rather large island all to yourself, with a dense forest. I thought it was quite suitable, plus it was far simpler then drawing on another isle for you ;)

Posted Image

Gryze_Jager

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostJayAvalon, on 10 April 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

No problem, here's the updated map:

Posted Image

You've got a rather large island all to yourself, with a dense forest. I thought it was quite suitable, plus it was far simpler then drawing on another isle for you Posted Image

It's fine, I am already very glad that my village is on the map too.
another thank you.

Posted Image

PigOfNorway

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I thought Chrome had randomly turned on translating to Norwegian and failed when i saw that title, happens sometimes..Posted Image
I like gold.
And pigs

Gryze_Jager

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostPigOfNorway, on 10 April 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I thought Chrome had randomly turned on translating to Norwegian and failed when i saw that title, happens sometimes..Posted Image

I wanted to translate The island of Wood into norwegian, but I hear you saying it failed. what should be the correct translation?

Posted Image

PigOfNorway

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Not that kind of failed, sometimes when it translates it is half norwegian and half english, just kinda messed up Posted Image
I like gold.
And pigs

BrickDaddy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostGryze_Jager, on 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

I wanted to translate The island of Wood into norwegian, but I hear you saying it failed. what should be the correct translation?

"The island of wood" is "Treøya" or "Trærnes øy" in Norwegian.
BTW seems great!
Posted Image

Gryze_Jager

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostBrickDaddy, on 10 April 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

"The island of wood" is "Treøya" or "Trærnes øy" in Norwegian.
BTW seems great!

Thanks, but I think I keep it. I like the name. even if it may mean something else. only the norwegian can see that it is a weird name.
But that doesn't bother me.

Posted Image

Gryze_Jager

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Update!
I have worked hard and have some pretty pictures for you guys.
The Island of Landomrader av tre is grewing bigger every day.

post comments and feedback below.

Posted Image

CluckieZOMBEH

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

It's promising to see a non-port thread. I like it!
Posted Image

Gryze_Jager

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

There may be a update this evening, otherwise it will be a bigger update tommorow.
look forward.

Posted Image

JayAvalon

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I know you asked for the crest to use in the thread, but I thought I might as well make you a banner/signiture including it.
So, here you go :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gryze_Jager

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Update!

And this is a big one. picture heavy!!!
I also made some changes in the OP.
I will now post the recent update completely in the OP. Now you don't have to search for the right one. It will be put into [spoilers] when I post the next update.

Posted Image

Cico135
    Cico135

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Don't know about you, but I don't like the texture pack you are using....too...dark. It makes the whole world very dull.

Reconzile
  • Minecraft: eikik1

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

This is looking very promissing. I like the way the buildings are constructed, as they vary in material use. They don't have just one material all over which is a huge pluss. But instead you make the corners of log which makes it less boring and more exiting. You also stay away from a roof which is just 2 vertical sides. Instead you make the roof in a fasion that does not make it all straight, and more medieval look all over. I am looking forward to seeing further updates on this map, and I would like to say:

Lykke til. Håper du får det til slik som du har planlagt det! :)

It is not that i do not want to, it's just simply that I don't care