Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can i transfer my PC world saves to my Xbox 360?

minecraft xbox360 saves world

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1

TheTumej
    TheTumej

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

I could not find anywhere about this: can i move my PC minecraft saves to my Xbox 360 minecraft ?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Destroyerovevil

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Maybe sometime later. Nobody knows as of now.

#3

ThEwOtSiT182
  • Location: London
  • Minecraft: ThEwOtSiT182

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Probably not. The saving for the pc is done in java, and on xbox in C#. I don't honestly know the implications of this, but most likely there will be a format clash resulting in either the PC or Xbox having to change language. Impossible on the XBox, and incredibly unlinkely on the pc since they would essentially have to develop the game from scratch again.
If I helped, please click that little green up arrow in the bottom right of my post!

#4

BongKaos
    BongKaos

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 820 posts
  • Location: Sin City
  • Minecraft: Bongkaos
  • Xbox:BongKaos

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I wouldn't count on it.   MAYBE at some point in the future but, not any time soon.....

#5

Cop
    Cop

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

There probably won't be an official way to do it, but you might be able to do it someway - Gotta wait till it's out first :P

#6

SuperJeffrey
  • Location: Arizona
  • Minecraft: SuperJeff2011

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

No.  Not at all.  Don't get your hopes up.
Sarcastic Wonka approves!

#7

Mustache_Guy
  • Location: California, USA
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

M guess is probably not. There are many different factors to look at while wondering this.

Xbox version: Beta 1.6.6
PC version: Official 1.2.5

That's two different versions that have different world generation codes. The fact that they are two different versions would probably mean you couldn't. Things like ravines, certain biomes, abandoned mineshafts, etc weren't in 1.6.6 so I don't think you could just plop a map into a different version with all of that in it.

Xbox version: C#/C++ variant
PC Version: Java

I'm not sure if the two games having different programming languages would be a problem but it might be.

Xbox version: Old map generation
PC version: Anvil world generation

Jeb has made significant changes to how the world generation works. The new engine is called Anvil and works in a completely different way than any of the previous engines.

Xbox version: Limited world sizes
PC version: Technically "unlimited" world size

I'm not sure how much of a problem this would present but I'm sure it would cause some minor issues. Your Xbox would either have to cut off everything past it's world generation limit, or do something else about it.

Those are pretty much the biggest factors I can think of as to why it won't happen. The only time I can see that it may be possible is when the Xbox and PC versions match up and are the same.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."

#8

tekken220

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Nope, as the 2 versions are coded differently. Maybe Mojang will release a converter?

#9

Greatzilla
    Greatzilla

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 905 posts
  • Location: Washington, USA
  • Minecraft: greatzilla26
  • Xbox:Greatzilla

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Different update versions and coding. 99.9% chance it will not happen.
Super Awesome City Parkour (one of the better maps I made): http://www.minecraft...-super-awesome/
Also, here is an awesome suggestion I had: http://www.minecraft...-biome-effects/

#10

XxIHaxRepoxX
  • Location: USA, Nj
  • Minecraft: FOR_DA_LULZ_MC
  • Xbox:cautionnuke

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

slim chance like 1- 10000000000000000000

Posted Image

#11

creeper27
  • Minecraft: porygon27

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

If anything, someone will come up with some sort of converter to convert PC worlds to Xbox then a way to put it on the Xbox. Still, pretty unlikely.

Posted Image


#12

XxIHaxRepoxX
  • Location: USA, Nj
  • Minecraft: FOR_DA_LULZ_MC
  • Xbox:cautionnuke

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

very douthtfull one will come out

not to be a gater but still

Posted Image

#13

ttttedttt

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostXxcreeperpwnerxX, on 08 April 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

slim chance like 1- 10000000000000000000

So your saying there's a chance!

#14

ca336458
    ca336458

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

I think when both the 360 version and the PC version are at the same version, modders on the PC side will come up with a program to convert a map to work in either version. Just as long as your maps are able to be copied from the 360 version.

#15

MilesRotaru

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostThEwOtSiT182, on 07 April 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Probably not. The saving for the pc is done in java, and on xbox in C#. I don't honestly know the implications of this, but most likely there will be a format clash resulting in either the PC or Xbox having to change language. Impossible on the XBox, and incredibly unlinkely on the pc since they would essentially have to develop the game from scratch again.

The two versions being developed with different programming languages really doesn't have anything do level format. In theory at least, two programs written in any different language could read or write the same kind of file, so there's no need to worry about Mojangt having to switch languages for one version.

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft is based on a fairly old version of Minecraft though so at launch it's very unlikely that the maps will be compatible, because the PC version of Minecraft has changed a lot about world generation and map saving since the 360 version started development. Eventually though they plan to bring the 360 version up to speed with updates, so map transfering might be possible in the future.

And if Mojang doesn't end up making that possible, I'm 100% sure some dedicated hackers will as ASAP.

#16

ThEwOtSiT182
  • Location: London
  • Minecraft: ThEwOtSiT182

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostMilesRotaru, on 09 April 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

The two versions being developed with different programming languages really doesn't have anything do level format. In theory at least, two programs written in any different language could read or write the same kind of file, so there's no need to worry about Mojangt having to switch languages for one version.

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft is based on a fairly old version of Minecraft though so at launch it's very unlikely that the maps will be compatible, because the PC version of Minecraft has changed a lot about world generation and map saving since the 360 version started development. Eventually though they plan to bring the 360 version up to speed with updates, so map transfering might be possible in the future.

And if Mojang doesn't end up making that possible, I'm 100% sure some dedicated hackers will as ASAP.

Good point, but I mean more on the side that one game will use jpgs for textures and the other using pngs. Of course, this is incredibly unlikely but different languages have different files available. The only test is whether the files are shared.
If I helped, please click that little green up arrow in the bottom right of my post!

#17

chris_101

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

I don't think that is going to be possible because the pc version is coded in java and an xbox 360 can't run java.
Minecraft Addict Since October 21, 2010

Posted Image


#18

DrummerD00d77
  • Location: North America, Earth, Slolar System, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe
  • Minecraft: DrummerD00d77

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Nope, the versions are different.  Xbox is starting in version 1.6.6, plus it's coded in C# or C+.  Minecraft for PC is in version 1.2.5 and is coded in Java.  But hopefully Mojang will make a converter sometime in the future :D
Posted Image

#19

Dogtag93

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Wait I heard that the 360 Version is going to be compatible with the PC/Mac Version in the way that they could connect together in a similar way Portal 2 did with the PS3? If Xbox is running off C+ how is it going to be compatible with Java for the people on Computers?

#20

Naelo
    Naelo

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostDogtag93, on 04 May 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Wait I heard that the 360 Version is going to be compatible with the PC/Mac Version in the way that they could connect together in a similar way Portal 2 did with the PS3? If Xbox is running off C+ how is it going to be compatible with Java for the people on Computers?
It's not going to be compatible. At least not at launch, but I doubt it ever will be. Microsoft doesn't like using multi-platform play, that's one of the reasons the Xbox 360 version of Portal 2 couldn't use Steam like the PS3 version could.