Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Please Close] Draghi's Custom Flatmaps


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
478 replies to this topic

#1

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

*
POPULAR

-- Sorry Flatmaps gone, Custom Flatmaps are Implemented in game --

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Shinji Ikari
  • Location: pon pon wei wei wei

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

Wow.

This is pretty great!

I approve. :)

#3

niels
    niels

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3862 posts
  • Location: I am not at places you think i can be
  • Minecraft: niels

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

i thank you for this mister! bookmarked
this is REALLY handy
Me on twitter :D

#4

kylania
    kylania

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

This is really great, I just wish Minecraft save folders didn't have thousands and thousands of files in them, everything takes forever! :)

#5

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

kylania said:

This is really great, I just wish Minecraft save folders didn't have thousands and thousands of files in them, everything takes forever! :)

I know what you mean! Try unzipping a certain map called 'fort zero' took me about half an hour.

#6

kylania
    kylania

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

Doh!  Five minutes of unpacking, waiting through 'Can't connect timeout', get into my new wonderful Stone world.. look down and punch.... no pick!   :Pig:  I really should go to bed.

#7

Shinji Ikari
  • Location: pon pon wei wei wei

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

kylania said:

Doh!  Five minutes of unpacking, waiting through 'Can't connect timeout', get into my new wonderful Stone world.. look down and punch.... no pick!   :Pig: I really should go to bed.

So should I.

it's 6 am.

#8

niels
    niels

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3862 posts
  • Location: I am not at places you think i can be
  • Minecraft: niels

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Shinji Ikari said:

kylania said:

Doh!  Five minutes of unpacking, waiting through 'Can't connect timeout', get into my new wonderful Stone world.. look down and punch.... no pick!   :Pig: I really should go to bed.

So should I.

it's 6 am.
i should change my clothes =P its 12:05 here
Me on twitter :D

#9

iReversed
  • Location: Minecraftia

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Pretty good man :Pig:

Keep it up and have some bacon :SSSS:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Check out my and my homie's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iReplaya!

#10

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the bacon!

I'm working on the High-Lands. (damn lighting 4096 chunks takes so long!)

It's great for tunneling though.

Edit: I'm not making a Highland sand one... impossible for tunneling

#11

Blade_N
    Blade_N

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1277 posts
  • Location: Lithuania
  • Minecraft: Blade_N

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

Can you make some hills too ? And after certain amount of grass/snow/stone/netherrack there would be normal caves with ores? and trees?

#12

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Blade_N said:

Can you make some hills too ? And after certain amount of grass/snow/stone/netherrack there would be normal caves with ores? and trees?

I'm going to try that after i get a bit more skilled with MCEdit and Omen

Edit: Spelling Error

#13

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

Update:

Quote

Uploading Some High-Land Maps:

Quote

Grass
Stone
Cobble
Snow
Water
Wool
Neatherrack

Adding links

Edit: Stopping for today (8:36pm) will continue tomorrow.
Edit2: couldn't resist added grassland and desert (9:20pm)

#14

niels
    niels

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3862 posts
  • Location: I am not at places you think i can be
  • Minecraft: niels

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Draghi said:

Blade_N said:

Can you make some hills too ? And after certain amount of grass/snow/stone/netherrack there would be normal caves with ores? and trees?

I'm going to try that after i get a bit more skilled with MCEdit and Omen

Edit: Spelling Error
use Omen's functions to add trees ores and caves on random places
though tree generator of Omen does weird things... (underground forest!)
Me on twitter :D

#15

Roytheshort

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

I set fire to the wool, lol!
Posted Image

Oh god, it's getting faster!
Posted Image

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posted Image

#16

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

niels said:

Draghi said:

Blade_N said:

Can you make some hills too ? And after certain amount of grass/snow/stone/netherrack there would be normal caves with ores? and trees?

I'm going to try that after i get a bit more skilled with MCEdit and Omen

Edit: Spelling Error
use Omen's functions to add trees ores and caves on random places
though tree generator of Omen does weird things... (underground forest!)

i think the order i should generate things is trees, ores, caves then remove floating trees.

#17

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

Update

Added high-land Lava

Working on Playable map

Looking for more suggestions


Edit: the playable map has giant diamond caverns...

#18

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

I'm sorry but the playable map will not be released as it is not playable for the following reasons:
caves have no real structure
caves have hundreds of resources
tree decay seems to be slow
lots of lag
:SSSS: + :o + :) =  :(  falls to doom.

remember never dig down... or up... or in front...... or anywhere.


Working on it!

#19

Roytheshort

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

BUMP due to this being the best flatmap thread I have seen.

#20

Draghi
    Draghi

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Hiding in a 1x1x2 hole
  • Minecraft: Draghi

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

I'm going to add a subset to Low and Middle which was a bedrock roof (good for puzzles, monsters etc.)
I think I'm going to remove the TNT ones (they're pointless).