• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't change the grass texture?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Cole1497

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Very sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I'm making a texture pack (personal, don't plan on releasing), and I can't find the grass texture anywhere on terrain.png. Is it located on another image?

Register or log in to remove.

SpinBuilder
  • Minecraft: SpinBuilder

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

in an update a couple months ago, Biomes were added, and with that, a tinting system for the grass and leaves.  they are greyed out on the terrain.png and are then tinted ingame. the grass is the grey texture on the top left.  the leaves are the two grey "leaf looking things" at the top-left-middle.  don't worry, your not the first to ask this.
Posted Image
Member of the official ctm pillar club

killkill85
  • Minecraft: killkill85

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:30 AM

SpinBuilder said:

in an update a couple months ago, Biomes were added, and with that, a tinting system for the grass and leaves.  they are greyed out on the terrain.png and are then tinted ingame. the grass is the grey texture on the top left.  the leaves are the two grey "leaf looking things" at the top-left-middle.  don't worry, your not the first to ask this.

Actuall,he's the first I've seen.
I  don't need a signature,I am a signature.

Keeltoll said:

Yo dawg I heard you like playing Portal so now you can play Portal while playing Minecraft while going to Hell.

SpinBuilder
  • Minecraft: SpinBuilder

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

killkill85 said:

SpinBuilder said:

The first YOU'VE seen.  I've seen at least 3...
Posted Image
Member of the official ctm pillar club

thetonestarr
  • Minecraft: thetonestarr

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

When I first started working on texture packs, the only reason I was able to figure it out was because I'd been using an inventory editor (INVedit, of course) to put leaves into my inventory for pixel art purposes. Otherwise, I'd probably have asked about that stuff as well.

Notcho
    Notcho

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

SpinBuilder said:

killkill85 said:

SpinBuilder said:

. . . don't worry, your not the first to ask this.

The first YOU'VE seen.  I've seen at least 3...

I'm pretty sure that's what he just said, except he used the first person pronoun while you used the second, which makes sense since he's he talking about himself and you're you talking about him.
(Notice I spelled "you're" with an apostrophe and a trailing "e"; the way it was meant to be spelled.)

Pardon the  :( .

williamu
    williamu

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: williamu

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Ty SpinBuilder !!!! :P

Mattarias
    Mattarias

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: Mattarias

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:26 AM

Anyways, yeah, I had the same problem figuring this out too. Does changing the grass from grayscale to an actual color, like, say, green affect anything? Does the game ignore it or just try to tint the green and give you awkward results?
Ex incendia et flamma.

arms for sale
  • Minecraft: armsforsale

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

View PostMattarias, on 22 March 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

Anyways, yeah, I had the same problem figuring this out too. Does changing the grass from grayscale to an actual color, like, say, green affect anything? Does the game ignore it or just try to tint the green and give you awkward results?

I'd like to know this also!
If you click on the banner, please leave a comment!
Posted Image

CarThulu
    CarThulu

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Minecraft: xlPickleBottlelx

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

yeah it does, i makes it a little bit greener version of that color, depending on how light it is

juaner
    juaner

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Minecraft: juaner

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Hi well i have the same question T_T I do what u guys said but I still have a grey loking grass T_T (horrible) can u help me i leave the terrain I use. http://img855.images...09/terrains.png

Posted Image

I love that MOD

HaxLee
    HaxLee

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Minecraft: HaXIXoR

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Yay! This also helped me out :D
Now working on my own texture pack :D
thank you! Spinbuilder and google :D

cboy19999

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostSpinBuilder, on 31 December 2010 - 09:10 AM, said:

thanks this helped me heaps