• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

AMCWAS- A Minecraft Community W/O A Server! The Project is going Live in Ten Hours!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

wartower9

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I haven't gotten around to do so much mob-hunting or caving, so no spider eyes yet.
The original hole(s) were naturally created, I just rounded out the walls.

I just did some work on the world. I covered the un-used hole, and started on the farm area.
Also, I added the ore, glass and bed textures from my TP to the default TP.

I won't be around for the next 24 hours (I'm Jewish- Shabbat and all that), so talk to you in a while!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Bro_Flygon
  • Minecraft: t_gilbert1

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I was just curious because you have large amounts of string, but no eyes. Haha. The whole cave system still looks fairly natural, save some of the walls, so kudos to you, bro! And alrighty, man! Talk to ya later!
I do vlogs and let's plays and such here.
I'm also known as TANNAR in some places.

Zyrandar
  • Minecraft: Zyrandar

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hey guys.. Back from hospital and feeling better :) I've just posted some screenshots in the . .well .. the "Screenshots" section :P I'd really appreciate it if you'll take a look and give me some feedback :) BTW - nice texture pack Wartower :)

P.S. Forgot to mention  - the pictures are posted under the heading "AMCWAS - Zyrandar's [old] World" .. thought I would associate all my posts under that heading from now onwards .. get this project more noticed :)

Bro_Flygon

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Glad to hear you're feeling better, man! :) And I checked out your screenshots, and I must say, I was mindblown. Pretty awesome stuff! I may have to step up my building skills a notch. :P

Zyrandar

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postt_gilbert1, on 12 April 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Glad to hear you're feeling better, man! Posted Image And I checked out your screenshots, and I must say, I was mindblown. Pretty awesome stuff! I may have to step up my building skills a notch. Posted Image

Thanks for the feedback bro - appreciate it :)
he he "Step up my building skills a notch" .. .I see what you did there!

Bro_Flygon

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

No problem, bro! Haha. Yeah, I was wondering if you were gonna notice that. I actually typed it in, deleted the portion of the sentence that had that in there, and felt the need to put it back. Haha.

Zyrandar

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

2nd update - will be away from home [ and nowhere near a computer[ all weekend and then I have my 2nd operation on monday. I'll definately need to rest after that one .. but I should be ready for the AMCWAS project by the end of the week or monday the 23rd. Let me know what you think .... I did think about waiting until 1.3 comes out as we are getting new "Snapshots" once again ... but we could start now... depends on what 1.3 adds to the game I guess. Let me know what you guys think :)

Bro_Flygon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Good luck, bro! And take all the time you need to recover. :) Monday the 23rd will be fine with me, or even after that. I don't really have a problem with waiting for 1.3 to come out, as long as you guys don't mind either. Haha. Though I do agree that it depends on what new stuff 1.3 adds. I will have finals the end of that week and the beginning of the next, but only two are major :P, so I should have time for some fun stuff like this. :D

CDogg1160
  • Minecraft: CDogg1160

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Im interested in helping if you guys need help.

Bro_Flygon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostCDogg1160, on 13 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

So you wanna join the clan? :D

CDogg1160
  • Minecraft: CDogg1160

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Is there a server?

Bro_Flygon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Nope, no server. Hence the name A Minecraft Community Without a Server. :P Haha. Wartower9 came up with the idea of having a community for those people who couldn't get on servers but still wish to participate in a community, so here we are. :) You can read the first post of the thread for any more information. Hope you're still interested!

Zyrandar

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostCDogg1160, on 13 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

We would be happy to accept your help and I hope you'll join in the fun Posted Image

View Postt_gilbert1, on 13 April 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Good luck, bro! And take all the time you need to recover. Posted Image Monday the 23rd will be fine with me, or even after that. I don't really have a problem with waiting for 1.3 to come out, as long as you guys don't mind either. Haha. Though I do agree that it depends on what new stuff 1.3 adds. I will have finals the end of that week and the beginning of the next, but only two are major Posted Image, so I should have time for some fun stuff like this. Posted Image

You're at college/university t_gilbert? Mind if I ask what you're studying?

Bro_Flygon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Yep! I'm going into electrical engineering currently. Seems really fun so far, so I'm going to stick with it. I've also had thoughts about getting a degree in computer engineering or computer science, as well, but that'll have to wait until after I get the EE degree. :P What about you guys? Have you guys studied anywhere/got a degree in anything?

Zyrandar

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Cool - Electrical Engineering is a lot of fun, I dabble in it a little as well as computer engineering. I have a degree, BA (Honours) in English Language and Literatue. I never apply it much when I'm on the internet [I'm lazy :P] and it's changed a heck of a lot since I got my degree. I'm a proofreader - I correct spelling and grammar in manuscripts. So the internet is a constant source of irritation for me!!!! :D

Bro_Flygon

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Do you program any, Zyrandar? I've taken a few classes, i.e., Java, C++, and Web Design, but those were all a few semesters ago. Been thinking about getting back into Java over the summer; Minecraft got me interested in it again. Haha. A degree in English Language and Literature. Wow. That's definitely not my forte. :P Just as an example of how little it likes me, I got in the 88-99 percentile in every area, e.g, algebra, science, critical thinking, writing, of a standardized test we had to take to get an AA... except for Arts/Literature. Got within the 48 percentile in that. Like a boss. :D I think that was more along the lines of reading and comprehension, though; proofreading actually sounds pretty fun. Does it ever get boring proofreading, or does the amount of different subject material you proofread keep it from doing so?

Zyrandar

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

I mostly proofread "technical manuals" and they can be a pain  - firstly, they're utterly boring and drier than the Sahara desert !!! In addition to this they're full of technical jargon or what I like to call "technobabble" - 99% of the time I have no clue how to spell the word myself nevermind the definition!!! I'll sometimes proofread small newspaper articles and odd novel - they're my favourite manuscripts to go through as I enjoy reading books .. .although proofreading Historical Fiction, Romance novels or a genre I'm not really interested in can be slow going...lol :P
"Critical Thinking" don't think we had that when I was at school !!
I don't program .. my mathematics is attrocious and I just can't wrap my head around it sometimes. When I was younger I had a "Commodore 64" [you know what this is?] and I used to make small little programs using the BASIC language [ I believe that's what it was called ] but I never really took it up. I like fiddling with electronics and building PCs but other than that I don't have the time or patience to learn programming :)

wartower9

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Wow, I missed a lot while I was gone!

So, Zy- those pictures ROCK. Awesome world.
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

May 23rd is great. I've got quite a bit of free time in the coming while. I've yet to come across an update that has destroyed any of my worlds (except for jumping from 1.8 to 1.9, which means I can't get an End Portal), so I don't mind starting before the update.
I'd rather play with screenshots, but if you don't- I understand.

CDogg, we would be happy to have you join us! But keep in mind- no server.

Sorry, but I tl;dr'ed those last couple of posts. Sounds... Interesting!
Posted Image

Zyrandar

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I had an idea --- keep a "Diary" of sorts somewhere within the MC Forums. Write down your experiences of each Minecraft "Day" etc etc... I might even make mine more of a "Story" to make it more entertaining. I also thought about adding some kind of "scoreboard"; each time I die, I add a sign to my world with the date, how I died and my 'score'
And of course - I'll be adding lot's of Screenshots. . although I'm not sure where in the forums to post my "Diary" ....
I did think about setting up an AMCWAS 'website' using one of those Free website thingies ... not sure yet. .Depends on how much time I have and how my health is.

wartower9

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

http://www.minecraft...ecraft-journal/

I'd rather we created a website farther into the project. I mean, a website for three people?
Posted Image