• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

AMCWAS- A Minecraft Community W/O A Server! The Project is going Live in Ten Hours!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

wartower9

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

amcwas.webs.com

This has been moved from survival to here. If this isn't the correct forum area, could a mod direct me to the correct one? Thanks!

Original Post:

Just wanted to know if anyone here can think of a way to create a close-knit, friendly community of Minecraft-ers who don't play on servers. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has horrible internet, and a computer that won't stand up to a server, but still wants nice people to play and interact with. So- if you have ideas for something like this, or want to join the group that we would form, post here.

Okay, an idea has been formulated:
The group, which will consist of 8 players, will each create a new, survival single-player world. There will be a centralized thread*, where the players can post updates and show off their creations in their world- also post screenshots!. We can share experiences, advice and just talk in this thread, and other people from the forums can also comment and discuss what we are doing. Interaction between players hasn't been thought out perfectly yet, so we still need some ideas about this.
*Not sure where it should go- suggestions?

If you are interested in being in this group of 8 people- please contact me by posting here, or sending a forum message to me. It is first come, first serve. The group might change, but I'd like to start off with wtih 8 people. Required (For Now): A way to upload screenshots to the forum. Thats all.

In the meantime, this is The List.
WarTower9 (Me)
Zyrandar
t_gilbert1
The_Author
supermelon

Thanks! WarTower9
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Zyrandar
  • Minecraft: Zyrandar

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Looking forward to this getting off the ground [or should i say .. Dirt Block? :P ]
I'm always interested in ideas that promote a stronger community where people can communicate their ideas and thoughts and share their experiences in a friendly atmosphere :)
I'm always happy to help people with their problems so post a message here or drop me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP.
All the best
Take Care

wartower9

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

We may have to start this off with only 3 people, unfortunately. I'm going to wait at least another day- maybe more. If we decide to start this, than I will tell you all.
Posted Image

Zyrandar

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Give it time.. . it IS an unusual concept. Not everyone is going to like it; we may only get a few people interested. Having said that - Big ideas have been started by a small group of people :)

Bro_Flygon
  • Minecraft: t_gilbert1

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostZyrandar, on 05 April 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Big ideas have been started by a small group of people Posted Image

This, absolutely. Once people hear about it and see what's up, something awesome will happen. I don't really know where I was going with that, but yeah. Haha.
I do vlogs and let's plays and such here.
I'm also known as TANNAR in some places.

wartower9

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Great point. Gonna wait at least a week. I don't have so much time in the next week anyway (Work and Such).
Posted Image

ArrogantLobster

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Looks cool!

View Postsimen671, on 26 November 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Do you guys think Dinnerbone is giving a hint here? Or is he just Dinnerboning?

Zyrandar

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostArrogantLobster, on 06 April 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Looks cool!

May I say - Welcome to the team ? :D

Bro_Flygon

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have a quick question, bros. When we do start, are we all going to be playing on the same seed, or are we going to keep it diverse and play on different seeds?

View PostZyrandar, on 06 April 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

View PostArrogantLobster, on 06 April 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Looks cool!

May I say - Welcome to the team ?

Hope you will join us!

Zyrandar

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hmmm .. interesting question t-gilbert :)
If we all played the same world .. we would still have different experiences and we could help each other such as: "Hey guys, enterance to an abandoned mine complex is at these coordinates" or "I found 6 diamonds in such-and-such a place" etc etc. On the other hand ... it might be more interesting to play in different worlds. I already know what seed I'm going to use [probably] .. . as to when we're starting - next weekend i think. I'm not sure what Wartower hs in planned :)

wartower9

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think the idea of having one seed and sharing areas is a GREAT idea, but we should limit it to no coordinates. Maybe then it wouldn't feel as 'identical'. I.E- 'I found 3 diamonds in the cave below that cool structure.
Posted Image

Bro_Flygon

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I actually agree with everything Zyrandar said. Both of them have good reasons to go with either one. Haha. But going with one seed for everyone does seem like the best option now. And at first, I disagreed with the no coordinates rule, but now, after thinking about it, I think that's a pretty good idea. And after thinking about it even more, what about only being able to post coordinates with pictures of natural terrain? We don't want any limitations to be too complicated, though, so no coordinates may be the best option. Whatever you guys think. I'm just rambling. :P

wartower9

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

t_gilbert, that's a great idea! Starting time for this... I'm not sure. In a week? Maybe less?
Posted Image

Zyrandar

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Okay - just to let you know = I was thinking of using a specific seed for my next world "-22123680" [or just use the name "beowulf"] - it was recomended to me and it looks really cool. A huge forest near some truly epic mountains. There's also a desert, swamp, jungle and tiaga biome not too far from the spawn [within 400 blocks or so according to my friend] I'm not sure what you guys think ... if you have another suggestion, I'm all ears :)

Bro_Flygon

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

wartower9, thanks! And whenever you guys wanna start is good with me. May not be able to get going at the exact same time as you guys, but I'll be there shortly if that happens. Haha.

Zyrandar, that sounds like a really good seed to me. Swamp and taiga are two of my fave biomes, so I'm all for that one! What update is it for?

wartower9

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Sounds good, but what version is it for?
Posted Image

Zyrandar

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Should work in 1.2.4 or 1.2.5
Little update on my current [old world] - made massive progress on my underground base. Got lots of ideas for the new world :) Really looking forward to starting from fresh - will feel weird not to use Diamond tools/weapons/armour all the time :P
BTW - what do you guys think about this = every so often we share our worlds [ the Save File's that is ] so we can see what we've done? I'm sure we can find a website or some method of uploading the save files.

Bro_Flygon

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I tried updating to 1.2.5 yesterday, but it kept saying "Fatal error: null (4)" or something along those lines. Anyone else have trouble with that? Our Internet was acting up yesterday, so it could've just been the slow stream.

Good to hear your underground base is coming along, Zyrandar. Did you make it bigger or add more rooms or decorate or get rid of slimes? :lol: I haven't made progress in any of my worlds lately. Just been digging holes and throwing chicken eggs. Haha. Starting a new world will be good for me.

Sharing save flies may be cool to do maybe once or twice a month. You guys will probably have a lot of "wut" moments looking at mine considering I tend to have some pretty random stuff in my world, e.g., a small building that failed as a mob trap and now is just a small building with nothing in it. Haha. Just curious, about how large are the save files? It's one of the few things I've never really looked at.

Zyrandar

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

I had a "Black Screen" problem when 1.2.5 first came out, but since then it works just fine. I have an idea on how to fix your problem t_gilbert but it may seem a little .... extreme: But here goes= Backup your current save games.. .i.e. copy and past them in a new folder, maybe on your desktop or My Documents folder. Then delete the entire .minecraft folder. Then double-click your "Minecraft.exe" and click the 'Force Update' option. Pretty radical I know, but it might just work. At the very least it'll give you a clean .jar
If that doesn't work .. I don't really know what to suggest.

My current Save file for my old world is 171 MB .. don't know if that's big or small nowadays :P [ I remember when PC games came on Floppy disks and were only 3MB in size. .. *sigh* those were the days :P ]

Talking of "wut" moments. .. you haven't seen my old world :P lol ... Your jaw will drop and your eyes will pop out your head like those old Buggs Bunny cartoons :) Recently, I've made it a little bigger [than it was already !!!!! ] and made it look a little prettier :) If I have time, I'll build a piston Elevator and a Slime Farm .. but I'm fairly zonked out and just want to relax a little :)

Bro_Flygon

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

I will definitely try the Force Update thing if it doesn't work this time, Zyrandar. Thanks! I think I've done that one other time, but I doubt I would remember to back up everything. Haha. It's currently updating, but at 1kB/s. Don't know how long it's going to keep this up.

Oh, wow. Yeah, my current world is only 5.8MB. Haha. Your save file is gigantic! Course, I tend to be a minimalist compared to a lot of people, so maybe my save file's just tiny. :P

Are those "wut" moments you speak of good or bad? Hahaha. A piston elevator? I've seen those done a few different ways, I do believe. Are you going to use sideways pistons with stairs?