333 replies to this topic

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Minecraft: jrk4500

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hello... I am setting up a Quiver Mod team where we do separate stuff to make the mod better in many ways... I already have the texture artist anyone want to join and have experience with modding then message me or make a post on the forum telling me what you can do.

This mod allows you to hold up too 64 arrows in the new GUI screen, allows you too make a quiver, make 4 daggers, and archery armor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  The Team (so far)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creator and item coder: jrk4500
Texture Artist: bfreeukthe3runner
Coder: XaedBlade

ScreenShots:
Spoiler:

New Crafting Recipe Video.

You need modloader Too install the mod, link: http://www.minecraft...ything-updated/

Version History

Curent Version: v1.0

v1.0 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?51e71j3nu7km7gu

New Additions to v1.0
*Gui was added created by XaedBlade
*Added Daggers -  Cobble Stone through Diamond
*Crafting for daggers:
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[L] [R] [ ] S = Stick
[S] [L] [ ] L = Leather
   R = Cobble, Iron, Gold, Diamond

New Additions in Pre-Release 3.75:
*Added the New quiver and Archer Armor Textures (made by the texture artist bfreeukthe3runner)

New Additions in Pre-Release 3.5:
*Fixed the Cactus in crafting, now it's Cactus Green

New Additions in Pre-Release 3:
*Added "Special" Armor for the Quiver, the "Special" Armor is called "Archer" Armor.
*Added New Crafting recipes.
*Fixed Quiver in Armor slot now needs the Archer Armor to be on your back, crafting in the 3x3 grid 1 leather tunic, 1 cactus, and 1 Quiver in a row.
*Added Archer Leggins, crafting in the 3x3 grid to craft is 1 cactus, and 1 leather leggins. Archer boots, crafting in the 3x3 grid  to craft is 1 cactus and 1 leather boots.
*Fixed Archer Hat new recipe, in the 3x3 grid it is 1 feather on top left row, 1 leather helmet in middle row in the middle, and 1 cactus next to the leather helmet to the left.

New Additions in Pre-Release 2:
*Added Archery Hat for the Quiver Armor Crafting is a leather helment with 1 feather combined in the 3x3 crafting grid.

Pre-Release 1:
*The First version of the mod was release (well pre-release)
*Added Quivers
*Added Better Crafting Recipe

The Gui Should be coming in the next update.

Pre-Release 3 spotlight done by djkramer123 the link to the video it right here:

Pre-Release 2 spotlight done by djkramer123 the link to the video is right here:

Pre-Release 1 spotlight done by djkramer123 the link to the video is right here:

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1140774-125-quiver-mod-still-in-development/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/g8cHR.gif[/img][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

beelee100

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

So this mod is it just to store "X" amount of arrows or does it have some kind of elemental arrow that you can switch between...?

djkramer123
  • Minecraft: djkramer

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

This looks like it could become much better in due time ill make a mod review for the first public release cause im genuinely excited for how this mod could end up implementing different features possible elemental quivers etc.
Check out my youtube if you want to
http://www.youtube.c...3?feature=watch

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

It's just stores regular arrows for now, we might add elemental arrows sooner or later but were still not sure. We have to add a lot of code before we might go into elemental arrows.

Posted Image

djkramer123

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

View Postjrk4500, on 05 April 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

It's just stores regular arrows for now, we might add elemental arrows sooner or later but were still not sure. We have to add a lot of code before we might go into elemental arrows.
Im very interested in this because arrows do tend to fill a lot of space in my inventory...how much will 1 quiver be able to hold?

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

View Postdjkramer123, on 05 April 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

This looks like it could become much better in due time ill make a mod review for the first public release cause im genuinely excited for how this mod could end up implementing different features possible elemental quivers etc.
We will be adding a Alpha download tonight, we just got done with crating recipe so you can do the mod review. The quiver itself doesn't do anything yet but look cool. When you make the mod review send 8bitslime and I a link, and also please give 8bitslime and I credit for the mod.

View Postdjkramer123, on 05 April 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Im very interested in this because arrows do tend to fill a lot of space in my inventory...how much will 1 quiver be able to hold?
One stack of 64 arrows, the quiver is like armor so when it gets destroyed you can still pic up your arrows.

Posted Image

8bitslime
  • Minecraft: just_a_rat

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

View Postdjkramer123, on 05 April 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

We only have an awesome quiver, it's function is not implemented YET. there will be a pre-release for the mod tonight

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Uploading a vid for the recipe very soon.

Posted Image

beelee100

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Postjrk4500, on 05 April 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

ah I'll be looking forward to hit Posted Image
If... by chance you "DO" make elemental arrows why not use some hotkey to switch Posted Image

djkramer123

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

Cool can't wait

MattThePadawan

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

You should make it so you could craft it with an armour chestplate so you could have both..

Posted Image

With the Better Than Wolves mod!

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

View Postbeelee100, on 05 April 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

ah I'll be looking forward to hit Posted Image
If... by chance you "DO" make elemental arrows why not use some hotkey to switch Posted Image
Great Idea :D

Posted Image

MattThePadawan

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Also change the recipe to like 1 arrow and 2 leather.

Posted Image

With the Better Than Wolves mod!

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

View Postdjkramer123, on 05 April 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

Cool can't wait
The Pre-Release Download will be tonight, you need modloader.

Posted Image

8bitslime
  • Minecraft: just_a_rat

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostMattThePadawan, on 05 April 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

You should make it so you could craft it with an armour chestplate so you could have both..

I did have that idea, sounds like fun! Posted Image
it is technecly leather armor (I will make it some fancy non-breaknig thing, but not protective), but, iron - diamond

View PostMattThePadawan, on 05 April 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Also change the recipe to like 1 arrow and 2 leather.

We changed the recipe, it's something like like

Thatfrozenlake

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

seems like a cool mod but that is the same sprite as an item in the better dungeons mod

beelee100

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

I can imagine now... normal quiver and elemental quivers that change color of the quiver with elemental... then again its only me day dreaming :)

jrk4500
    jrk4500

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostThatfrozenlake, on 05 April 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

seems like a cool mod but that is the same sprite as an item in the better dungeons mod
We used the sprite from image.png

View Postbeelee100, on 05 April 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

I can imagine now... normal quiver and elemental quivers that change color of the quiver with elemental... then again its only me day dreaming Posted Image
Seems like a good idea, 8bitlime and I will talk about it. :)

Posted Image

Minecraftpigable
  • Minecraft: Minecraftpigable

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

View Postjrk4500, on 05 April 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

The Pre-Release Download will be tonight, you need modloader.
Dude. will be this compatible with the Mine & Blade: Battlegear mod? It would be really cool!

djkramer123

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

New crafting recipe looks much nicer