Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

If we sold our planet, how much would it cost?

earth sold

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic

#1

Treeckoman5

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

If we sold our planet Blue, how much would it cost? I don't see why we would sell it, and to whom; but imagaine we had to sell it for some reason. How would you price a planet, a planet that is inhabited and is rich in resources? I'd guess it depended on resources avalible, buildings constructed, economic state of the world... most importantly perhaps is the state of the atmosphere and of our planet it self. What do you think?
Why you be a minen' in me mines?
If you need to contact me, a private message is the way to go. I almost never come back to a topic after I've commented on it. Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Calypo
    Calypo

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4043 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

It's priceless.

#3

Treeckoman5

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostCalypo, on 04 April 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's priceless.
On what grounds?
Why you be a minen' in me mines?
If you need to contact me, a private message is the way to go. I almost never come back to a topic after I've commented on it. Posted Image

#4

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hundreds of trillions of dollars at the very least.
Posted Image

#5

Treeckoman5

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostTravis, on 04 April 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hundreds of trillions of dollars at the very least.
Based on what? The planet itself, or everything on it... huh?
Why you be a minen' in me mines?
If you need to contact me, a private message is the way to go. I almost never come back to a topic after I've commented on it. Posted Image

#6

Durracel
    Durracel

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3802 posts
  • Minecraft: Durracel

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

it's price or it's value?
price is easy. it is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. so i'll start of
£10
the secret of flyiing
Spoiler:
Posted Image

#7

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostTreeckoman5, on 04 April 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Based on what? The planet itself, or everything on it... huh?
Natural resources, natural sites, land value, ocean value, the value of the inhabitants (not humans), all the things we've built, strategical position in terms of galactic events (if there is any strategic value, that is)
Posted Image

#8

DeathViruzX
  • Location: Climbin' in yo windows, stealing your underwear
  • Minecraft: DeathViruzX

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I don't think anyone or anything out there would bother buying Earth. Look at the planet! Dwindling resources, polluted air and water. Holes in our ozone layer. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I would never pay trillions of dollars for Earth at all. Not to mention retarded people like the leader of the North Koreans.

#9

Dietjake
  • Location: Boonah QLD
  • Minecraft: Dietjake

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

If someone or something did buy Earth they would pay us then kill us all or make us slaves. Whats the point in selling we have it pretty darn good here.
Posted Image

#10

goanimals123
  • Location: The Farlands
  • Minecraft: goanimals123

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostDurracel, on 04 April 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

it's price or it's value?
price is easy. it is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. so i'll start of
£10
I'll take it!

View PostDeathViruzX, on 04 April 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

I don't think anyone or anything out there would bother buying Earth. Look at the planet! Dwindling resources, polluted air and water. Holes in our ozone layer. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I would never pay trillions of dollars for Earth at all. Not to mention retarded people like the leader of the North Koreans.
Its a fixer upper bro! We can easily flip it and quadruple our investment.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)  Follow me on twitter: @goanimals123

#11

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostSniper878, on 04 April 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

If someone or something did buy Earth they would pay us then kill us all or make us slaves. Whats the point in selling we have it pretty darn good here.
So we can build a fleet and move to a better planet?
Posted Image

#12

N-Man
    N-Man

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 212 posts
  • Location: The universe. The one with the galaxies and planets and aliens and cookies and black holes and helicopters and dark matter and stuff.
  • Minecraft: _nimrod_

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Earth is rare. Very rare- life can "occur" here. And not just life- intiligent life forms, like us! If you ask a mother what is the value of her child, she will say priceless. Now, multiply it by seven billion, number of humans. Add the plants, the animals, the water, the recourses, the atmosphere... And you will realise that our Earth is priceless.
Posted Image
Click it. Now.
Spoiler:

#13

Metadigital
  • Location: Texas
  • Minecraft: Metadigital

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

How would one "sell" a planet, anyway? Who would we sell it to?

#14

Homem Pigman
  • Location: Missile Launch Base

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Quote

So we can build a fleet and move to a better planet?
That wouldn't work. Planets that can support human life are batshit rare. Since in your situation we need to sell the planet to build a fleet, would be better to stick to Earth.

Posted Image


#15

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostHomem Pigman, on 04 April 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

That wouldn't work. Planets that can support human life are batshit rare. Since in your situation we need to sell the planet to build a fleet, would be better to stick to Earth.
If we somehow managed to arrange a deal where an alien species buys Earth, it is safe to say we've probably got advanced space tech.
Posted Image

#16

Homem Pigman
  • Location: Missile Launch Base

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostTravis, on 04 April 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

If we somehow managed to arrange a deal where an alien species buys Earth, it is safe to say we've probably got advanced space tech.
Read both posts again.

In the situation you presented, we apparently need to sell the whole planet to build a fleet. So it would be really hard to get to another planet that can support human life first.

Posted Image


#17

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostHomem Pigman, on 04 April 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Read both posts again.

In the situation you presented, we apparently need to sell the whole planet to build a fleet. So it would be really hard to get to another planet that can support human life first.
Just because the fleet is large doesn't mean it can't move fast.
Posted Image

#18

Calypo
    Calypo

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4043 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostTravis, on 04 April 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Just because the fleet is large doesn't mean it can't move fast.
How fast are we talking? Anywhere near the speed of light is virtually impossible, because of the pressure which causes the vehice to move even slower.
We'd need a massive amount of energy to compensate for that.

#19

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostCalypo, on 04 April 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

How fast are we talking? Anywhere near the speed of light is virtually impossible, because of the pressure which causes the vehice to move even slower.
We'd need a massive amount of energy to compensate for that.
Man, I ain't no scientist.
Posted Image

#20

Homem Pigman
  • Location: Missile Launch Base

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Calypo is correct.
If you're not very good with physics, it's better to not discuss about it. Let's just talk about other things related to plante buying :)

Posted Image