• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * * 8 votes

You Are Minecraft - A Community Project of Epic Proportions

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: You Are Minecraft - A Community Project of Epic Proportions (1377 member(s) have cast votes)

What VoIP Client do you use the most when playing games?

1. Ventrilo (80 votes [5.81%])

Percentage of vote: 5.81%

2. Skype (976 votes [70.93%])

Percentage of vote: 70.93%

3. TeamSpeak (186 votes [13.52%])

Percentage of vote: 13.52%

4. Mumble (61 votes [4.43%])

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

5. Dolby Axon (6 votes [0.44%])

Percentage of vote: 0.44%

6. Other (67 votes [4.87%])

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sacheverell

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

We have often discussed the awesome Minecraft community here on the forum - you guys have been responsible for some of the most incredible aspects of the game, in many ways.  Today, we take a look at a huge project by the community, for the community, called "You Are Minecraft", by Team Minestar.  What is it?  The idea is as simple as it is incredible; you simply join the YAM server, and build your own over-sized in-game avatar, on a pedestal designed to hold it.  Your statue will stand alongside numerous other players' models (already numbering in the thousands!), showing the sheer creative potential of the Minecraft community.  In the words of the "You Are Minecraft" website:

...you are a fan and a supporter of one of the most innovative games of all times. This game has revealed how much undiscovered creativity lies in all of us. For hours and hours caverns were explored, zombies slaughtered and blocks combined to build structures of all kind. Countless videos on YouTube, multiplayer servers and communities point out the great success of Minecraft.

Now it is time to unite and to enable a so far unseen Minecraft project. Take your chance, join 'YouAreMinecraft' and meet players from around the globe in a personal way...

But what are you going to build? The most personal thing you are associated with in Minecraft - your avatar!

Posted Image

Thousands of players have already built their avatars - will yours be next?

With any luck, we can make this project so large that even Notch himself will notice!  Would you like to take part in this monumental event, and build your avatar in this epic project?  Click this link (or the image above) for info on how you can take part in the "You Are Minecraft" super-project, as well as their thread here on the forum!  It will only be going on for a limited time - specifically, April 19th, 2012 - so be sure to get in while you can!

________

We also have a poll running now, and need your input!  What VoIP client do you use the most when playing games?  Check out our poll above, and pick your favored client!

Register or log in to remove.

Alcalina
    Alcalina

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: Alcalini

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

It's really incredible! Fabulous!

I hope to join with so many other [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/mobnotch.png[/img]

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16137 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

wow, that looks amazing.  I'll have to stop by one day and add my skin

code4240
  • Minecraft: code4240

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Building a replica of your own avatar isn't really creative. Maybe if you made your skin from scratch, and it was completely original.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing to do, though.
I make textures. Will work for street cred.

Wynthyst

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Comment on the [url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1119387-you-are-minecraft-event-build-your-own-skin-to-thank-mojang-for-their-great-game/"]original thread[/url]!

dinoavatar
  • Minecraft: dinoavatar

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

my connection times out every time i try[img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/angry.png[/img]

shumbagunga
  • Minecraft: shumbagunga

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

why not cracked???

27BronxBombers

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

[quote name='shumbagunga' timestamp='1333496689' post='13964348']
why not cracked???
[/quote]
Why isn't the server cracked? Because the intention is so everyone who has BOUGHT Minecraft can build their skin. It says so right on their site. With a cracked account, what are you going to build? Your default skin? Buy the game.
Killion Detention Center A-Guard

Xenoslayer

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

what about us PE only peeps?

doctorseaweed2

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Can somebody explain in simple words how I get on the server
Posted Image

ChiisaOokami
  • Minecraft: ChiisaOokami

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

It's me?
Oh look, my profile is rated 1 star. I must be a boss.

jliu168
    jliu168

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

[quote name='doctorseaweed2' timestamp='1333499214' post='13965541']
[/quote]
Click this [url="http://www.youareminecraft.com/"]link[/url], then click the Join button at the top of the page.  Click the video on the side of the page and follow the directions.

Or I can tell you right now:

1: Connect to the server [u]server.youareminecraft.com[/u]

2: Type [u]/start[/u] in the chat to begin building

3: If you get away from your statue, type [u]/home[/u] to return to your building

I hope this helped you! :)

Posted Image

BuzzJoe
    BuzzJoe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: buzzjoe

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

[/quote]
How about visiting www.youareminecraft.com, click on "Join" and read? :D

We've made a tutorial video, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m293M2K12-g

Absorbingpaper

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

[/quote]type in server.YouAreMinecraft.com in the server address and thats it.

Shadowgamer25
  • Minecraft: Shadowgamer25

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Definitely doing this!  [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/steve_joyous.gif[/img]
Posted Image

beewyka819
  • Minecraft: beewyka819

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I tried joining but its full :( Please help!

[quote name='ChiisaOokami' timestamp='1333499582' post='13965704']
It's me?
[/quote]You have change the statue to look like you!

BuzzJoe
    BuzzJoe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

[quote name='beewyka' timestamp='1333500981' post='13966307']
I tried joining but its full [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img] Please help!
[/quote]
The only thing you can do is waiting. Sorry for that.

We're experiencing very high traffic at the moment. The Server is receiving round about 3 connection requests per second. Those requests are rejected immediately because the server is permanently full.

This is so crazy. It is 03:22am here in Germany. We are still tweaking and testing to make the machine more fast. But it seems like Java is the limiting factor here. This means that we can't increase the slot limit and will stay at something around 300 Slots.

You've got time to build your avatar until April, 19th. You do not need to build it in one session. Just get your place and build it when you like [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]

MineOSaurusRex
  • Minecraft: MineOSaurus_Rex

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

[quote name='BuzzJoe' timestamp='1333502562' post='13967094']

The only thing you can do is waiting. Sorry for that.

We're experiencing very high traffic at the moment. The Server is receiving round about 3 connection requests per second. Those requests are rejected immediately because the server is permanently full.

This is so crazy. It is 03:22am here in Germany. We are still tweaking and testing to make the machine more fast. But it seems like Java is the limiting factor here. This means that we can't increase the slot limit and will stay at something around 300 Slots.

You've got time to build your avatar until April, 19th. You do not need to build it in one session. Just get your place and build it when you like [img]http://static.minecraftforum.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]
[/quote]

So we should just try over and over to get in until we do?
http://m.youtube.com.../MineOSaurusRex
I would love to get some support on my new channel and some constructive criticism for how to improve!

Billybobjoepants
  • Minecraft: billybobjoepants

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

This is a really great idea, but has anyone thought of the complications that will be involved in many people building skins they've downloaded? You'll get clones, and potential notices by the real creators. I know this sounds ludicrous, but I know a lot of people that really seem proud and personal about this thing that they didn't make.

Playing since Alpha 1.1- when the grass was so neon-hued, you needed sunglasses.

Posted Image

BuzzJoe
    BuzzJoe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

[quote name='MineOSaurusRex' timestamp='1333503585' post='13967557']
So we should just try over and over to get in until we do?
[/quote]
You should give YAM some hours to get behind the actual rush that came from this news and from minecraftwiki.net, too.
We think that everything will calm down tomorrow or on friday :)
We can't do anything else than waiting at the moment.