Latest News Article

Faction Tips and Tricks?

help faction factions guide tips tricks

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

ReconDragon
  • Minecraft: doctorwho11

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hi Everyone! ReconDragon here, asking for some tips on Factions, including tricks and ways to take other factions down, sneak in and take things, double cross and hiding bases! I know there's probably lots of tips and tricks scattered on the Forums, but I wanted to make a place to discuss it!

So, you get the idea, post your Tips here!

My tip would be: Befriend powerful people, even if you plan to double-cross them. Try and get stuff off them and use it to attack!
Give people a Green + , not necessarily me, but any witty, funny, helpful (the list goes on) post. So be free with it!

Register or log in to remove.

Gharik90
    Gharik90

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Minecraft: Haydeos

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Best advice I can give is just to be careful about who you recruit.

iStephen24x7
  • Minecraft: iStephen24x7

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Be careful on who you let in your faction.
Be careful about who you op in your faction.
Go far from spawn and make an underground base at bedrock, great floor protection.

ReconDragon

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

No more posts?
Awkward...
Give people a Green + , not necessarily me, but any witty, funny, helpful (the list goes on) post. So be free with it!

SirOxY
    SirOxY

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Build a floating base, with claimed land no enemy can get up there plus the 256 height limit makes it hard to blow it out of the sky with tnt cannons

Spudgeaholic
  • Minecraft: Spudgeaholic

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Get a boat, go out to co-ords that are ridiculous, like 5000,5000. Use setbase (or equivalent) then let your guys teleport there as you wish. :)

Tzai
    Tzai

Carpenter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Minecraft: Tzai

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Be very careful about who you let in your faction.
Build a fortified castle for your faction, and always work as a team.
Set guard so you can see when an enemy is near the castle, and make sure your faction is strong enough to fight off any invader.

That's all I can say as i don't exactly understand what for do you need it, i assume it's for a roleplay server? Correct me if i'm wrong.

ReconDragon

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostTzai, on 03 April 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Be very careful about who you let in your faction.
Build a fortified castle for your faction, and always work as a team.
Set guard so you can see when an enemy is near the castle, and make sure your faction is strong enough to fight off any invader.

That's all I can say as i don't exactly understand what for do you need it, i assume it's for a roleplay server? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Just for any Server, and I personally don't need help, I made this post to share Tips + Tricks.

-ReconDragon

triotheyoshi

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Ok, here's some massive tips on building a base.

-Build it in the ocean, with high walls, so TNT cannons are mostly ineffective, because the TNT falls in the water.  It also makes enemies sitting ducks in the water.
-Make your base exactly along your territory, and no more/less, then claim all the land around the base.  This way, if someone kills you enough, they have to claim the land outside first, because they can't get inside the plot of land to claim your base, and have to stack up, rather than mine through.
-Make your spawn-house closed-off, and one-way.  If your base IS somehow infiltrated, the enemy can't place lava inside, and spawnkill you.
-make your mine outside of your base, or use doors to stop non-base members from getting in
-Make battlements on the edge of your building to make it hard to be hit, and keep spiders out.
-Make a watch tower, and several trap-points, which can trap interlopers with pistons.
-KEEP NOOBS OUT.  If you let idiots, or griefers on your team, they will either drive your power WAAY down, or rob you blind.
-Use pistons, they're amazing sometimes.
-Make iron-door curiosity traps, they tend to distract/kill lots of people who find your base.
-Have a backup base, no matter what.
-Keep a chest of stone-swords, tree--blocks, and dirt in the spawn-room, so infiltrators have to fear you at least a little.

If you're into sky-bases;
-build it above the ocean, and let the only entrance either be /f home, or /f home, and a water-ladder controlled by a piston.
-Build it as high as possible.
-wall off the land below, so people STILL can not get into, or claim the land that actually contains your base.
-Have an emergency exit, utilizing water, or ladders to slow your fall.  If you want a mine, use this same concept to get into your walled-off mine, by jumping off your base.
-Hoard seeds, an saplings, and build a sky-farm.  Trust me, being self-reliant is worth every minute spent in achieving it.  The less you have to leave your base, the less you'll get ambushed.
-Make it easy, and possible to leave without placing blocks, but not the other way around.
-Claim all the surrounding land, of course.
-Make the only entrance wooden doors with pressure plates on the inside.  That way, if you walk out, the doors automatically close, and enemies can't re-open them, or take advantage of a free open door.
-NEVER dig tunnels that leave underside of the base, or at least block them off with doors.

I don't like underground bases, because if you claim the land there, it's rather obvious that it exists, and there's little defense bonus in the narrow corridors of the underground.  It's quite a bit harder to achieve the high-walls, and open surroundings to shoot people from underground.  However, traps are a lot easier, because enemy players are often restricted into walking over possibly armed traps.
I am sure that you are at least a little bit envious of my pony-swagger.

CG91779
    CG91779

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Minecraft: minecraft91779

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for the tips I'm new to hardcore factions and I think I'm hurting my faction hopefully this will help me and them.
Posted Image

souljabri557

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

View Posttriotheyoshi, on 17 May 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Ok, here's some massive tips on building a base.

-Build it in the ocean, with high walls, so TNT cannons are mostly ineffective, because the TNT falls in the water.  It also makes enemies sitting ducks in the water.
-Make your base exactly along your territory, and no more/less, then claim all the land around the base.  This way, if someone kills you enough, they have to claim the land outside first, because they can't get inside the plot of land to claim your base, and have to stack up, rather than mine through.
-Make your spawn-house closed-off, and one-way.  If your base IS somehow infiltrated, the enemy can't place lava inside, and spawnkill you.
-make your mine outside of your base, or use doors to stop non-base members from getting in
-Make battlements on the edge of your building to make it hard to be hit, and keep spiders out.
-Make a watch tower, and several trap-points, which can trap interlopers with pistons.
-KEEP NOOBS OUT.  If you let idiots, or griefers on your team, they will either drive your power WAAY down, or rob you blind.
-Use pistons, they're amazing sometimes.
-Make iron-door curiosity traps, they tend to distract/kill lots of people who find your base.
-Have a backup base, no matter what.
-Keep a chest of stone-swords, tree--blocks, and dirt in the spawn-room, so infiltrators have to fear you at least a little.

If you're into sky-bases;
-build it above the ocean, and let the only entrance either be /f home, or /f home, and a water-ladder controlled by a piston.
-Build it as high as possible.
-wall off the land below, so people STILL can not get into, or claim the land that actually contains your base.
-Have an emergency exit, utilizing water, or ladders to slow your fall.  If you want a mine, use this same concept to get into your walled-off mine, by jumping off your base.
-Hoard seeds, an saplings, and build a sky-farm.  Trust me, being self-reliant is worth every minute spent in achieving it.  The less you have to leave your base, the less you'll get ambushed.
-Make it easy, and possible to leave without placing blocks, but not the other way around.
-Claim all the surrounding land, of course.
-Make the only entrance wooden doors with pressure plates on the inside.  That way, if you walk out, the doors automatically close, and enemies can't re-open them, or take advantage of a free open door.
-NEVER dig tunnels that leave underside of the base, or at least block them off with doors.

I don't like underground bases, because if you claim the land there, it's rather obvious that it exists, and there's little defense bonus in the narrow corridors of the underground.  It's quite a bit harder to achieve the high-walls, and open surroundings to shoot people from underground.  However, traps are a lot easier, because enemy players are often restricted into walking over possibly armed traps.

You sir, are a god.
What I do is dig to bedrock/top of the sky, make obsidian walls, and only let IRL/trusted friends in my faction. A few alternate accounts also jack the power up. I make no entrances except for f home, and only claim a few land.

Posted Image

JophusToGrey

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Here are my tips.

1. Be a firm but fair leader. Don't annoy your members and try to hold a good standing with him.
2. Make friends in high places.
3. Raiding is okay. But try to limit you're enemies.
4. Try to hide from strong and aggressive factions if they are threatening others.
5. Don't let ANYONE suspicious in your faction.
6. Don't let anybody "nooby" in the faction until you teach them the basics.
7. Hide you're base well. Not on land. Usually, under the ocean or in the sky is a good place.
8. Limit you're land. It's a common misconception that more land is good, when it really means less power distribution.
9. Make more allies than enemies.
10. If you believe someone is hacking, subtly share with others your feelings. If they agree, make a ban appeal. Remember, just because they beat you doesn't always mean they're hacking.

PS I own a hugely successful faction on a server and I've learned from experience that these tips work. My personal weakness is tip 1. I like to please all. Hopefully you take my advice and recognize if someone has a good idea. Encourage your team to share ideas. Peace!

-Jophus

learax1
    learax1

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

heres a trick ou can make a dispencer and shoot it from a unclamied zone and you shoot a fire charge at somthing wood like logs fences ect.

UltraSnaky
  • Minecraft: UltraSnaky88

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

As everyone else says, be VERY careful about who you let in your faction. If someone begs to join your faction, don't let them... I learnt that the hard way. A few minutes after we showed him the base, he ran off with our coordinates and bought his friends..... who had full diamond armor and diamond swords. We didn't even have iron armour yet.

Spicy_Orange1
  • Minecraft: Spicy_Orange1

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

I know this is old, but i feel the need to share:
1. Underwater, or wall it off with water. renders tnt cannons ineffective.
2. only people you trust
3. in factions where you have to Walk back to spawn, such as half and half vanilla servers, make them close to spawn, but hve several decoys, where odd patches are claimed. make your real base look like ruins, and have it underneath.
4. /f home is encased in obsidian, and the way out is faling down into a water hole, or ladders.
5. No secret chests. if you dont trust them, they wont trust you.
6. most important thing for attack / defence; chest plate comes first, and so does sword.
7. for semi-laggy servers, bring a stack of cobble/dirt to tower up high places, even where lands claimed. the blocks dissapear behind you, but you make it to the top.
8. tnt and redstone torches are essential :P
9. use glicthes of the server / minecraft version to your advantage, such as world borders, unless otherwise stated.
10. be a good sport if you die, and dont whinge. players are more likely to take to you, and kill you again.
11. friends inhigh places, and make sure your faction permissions are st right.
Posted Image [SSSS]

Deereboy1998
  • Minecraft: Deereboy1998

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Build a base really far from spawn. I suggest collecting food, and then running. Set home every 500 blocks of travel so in case you get attacked by a faction or get attacked by a skeleton...etc, you can find your way back. I also suggest making sure you keep all of your most important items (diamonds, gold, iron, redstone, quartz, coal) in a chests surrounded by obsidian in a hidden area so you can keep it safe. I also suggest building your faction in the ocean because most players lag while riding boats so it limits the competition (if any) greatly!

My factions story... I built a base 9000 blocks away from spawn and began building on an island in the ocean. I made the island bigger, added trees, wheat, carrots, potatoes, sugarcane, watermelons, pumpkins, cows, chickens, and pigs. I then robbed a faction and took all of their cobble. They had 19 stacks of it, and glass, and armor, and swords. I built my base, and added TNT cannons. Then I told my cousins about the server and they joined. Since there was 3 of them I got a lot more done. We collected ores and built an exp generator. We robbed factions with ease and gained diamonds, iron, gold, and coal quickly. We enchanted gear and became stronger. We signed alliances with other factions and robbed the largest faction. (11 players in that faction! :o) the 13 of us took down the 11 players and took many diamonds. We are now the most powerful faction. To be good at factions you need luck, skill, and brains.

Don't be afraid to send your players in your faction to other factions just to rob them of all of their resources when they are not on the server. I know it's mean, but if faction owners are dumb enough to let you in. They were going to be destroyed anyways

Mathy
    Mathy

Matherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3525 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I try to get around 50,000 blocks from spawn, under the ocean, at bedrock, with lava covering the top of it.

Fermat said:

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this, which this margin is too small to contain.

Xxrich10000xX

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

1. create a faction quite a ways from spawn so that it is not completely noticeable

2. create a base in the water or on ground never undergound if its in the water make the entrance secretive and use ladders to block out the water

3. make your base and start claiming land.

4. only invite people you trust and dont start inviting people until the base is done.

5. make rooms and hidden chests to hide anything valuable for in case if someone decides to raid or steal.

6. make a farm area and a place for spare items.

7. in case if someone infiltrates your base make a escape ladder.

8. make a breeding area and an animal penn for food.

i use these for like a month and its very useful.

-Xxrich10000xX

speedvision

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Faction is my favorite minecraft game type, and I have faction with 47 members and faction base size of 230 land! Here is the tip if you wanna make a massive faction!
1. Go VERY far from spawn, and find somewhere (suggest ocean) flat and massive. It took me 40 minutes to find place like that.

2. Get what you have most (cobblestone to most people) and start building floor with it.
DO NOT EVER EVER EVER BUILD YOUR FACTION IN SKY OR UNDERGROUND OR IN TERRAIN LIKE DESSERT, FOREST, JUNGLE, GRASS IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR FACTION TO BE BIG!

3. First invite someone you know and someone you trust, DO NOT EVER invite someone you don't know.

4. When you have about 5 people in your faction that you can trust, make few of them moderator.

5. With 5 people, get more cobblestone and expand the floor.

6. Now go to spawn and invite people-interview them before you invite! Be very careful!

7. Now when you have over 8 people, make MASSIVE floor covering 80 lands <maximum>

8. Now when you finished floor with 80 lands, make fences around it-it does not have to be fence it can be cobblestone or even dirt! But it is important that you have to place them in height of two-or they can jump over it.

9. Make place like apartments, amusements, plots, houses, shops and roads!

10. When you have those basic buildings ready, invite more people till you reach 15

11. With MORE people, you can do MORE! More land, More buildings and more supplies!

Growth of faction is up to who you are after that- if you have good leadership, NO ONE will betray you!
Encourage them, help them and don't be bossy, but you must know how to order them.

===HOW TO RAID A FACTION===

First is hardest thing-FIND A BASE TO RAID.
But there is a easy way to do this-convince someone in that faction, or make one of your MOST TRUSTABLE member to be member of that faction for a day and teleport EVERYONE to that faction!
Also when you are raiding, teleport there enemies too! But before you do that, you must ally them other wise you will not get any benefits, and you will not get that much of loots too!

Hope this helped :)

===Speedvision===
Faction Name: XxSpeedxX
Member: 47
Power: 458/470
Land: 230

DSoloha
    DSoloha

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Minecraft: dsoloha12

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

You want to be impenetrable? Build a dirt hut next to spawn. NO ONE will mess with you then.
[Overused Signature Goes Here]