• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Easy way to get diamonds! TUTORIAL

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

IceCoolLava11

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

this is a tutorial i made on how to easily find ALOT of diamonds, have fun and enjoy please like the video :)
cZXPWQyPQS0
my channel - http://www.youtube.c...elper11?feature
--PLEASE-HELP--
would you like more tutorials? if you do then please could you say what sort?
My minecraft community site! news, tips and tricks, seeds, and more!
http://minecraftadve....com/index.html

Register or log in to remove.

IceCoolLava11

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:35 AM

any opinions on my tutorial

Colobot
    Colobot

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

That's a shitload of diamonds. I started my branch mine pretty long time ago, and found only 8 so far.

Kengon said:

2) Creepers can't cook so what's the point of having a woman one?

Poggalogg said:

dobby200 said:

Think of it as a seecret Friday update, just not secret, and not Friday...

so it's an update.
:)

228.zip
    228.zip

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

Less precise and informative than kiershar's tutorial on the same subject, so I'd have to say no. Plus at layer 7 you're below magma level, so danger enters the equation.

IceCoolLava11

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

Colobot said:

That's a shitload of diamonds. I started my branch mine pretty long time ago, and found only 8 so far.
most of it is luck & i was extremely lucky, at the moment though i spent about half an hour making the tunnel longer and every now and again you find veins of diamonds about 5 wide, also you find alot of coal, gold, redstone and iron so it is an effective way of mining

228.zip said:

Less precise and informative than kiershar's tutorial on the same subject, so I'd have to say no. Plus at layer 7 you're below magma level, so danger enters the equation.
i have hit magma but it is the same level as i am on so.. am i on layer 6 or layer 7 i think i counted to layer 6?

228.zip
    228.zip

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

IceCoolLava11 said:

i have hit magma but it is the same level as i am on so.. am i on layer 6 or layer 7 i think i counted to layer 6?
Nope, caves are flooded with magma from layer 10 and downwards. Magma pools can be found at any level though.

skelybulu

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

thanks ill be sure to try it  :D
Posted Image

Ace Rimmer

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Private server.
you changed the chances of diamonds spawning to a much higher extent.

IceCoolLava11

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

Ace Rimmer said:

Private server.
you changed the chances of diamonds spawning to a much higher extent.
i actually didnt, that was all pure luck

IceCoolLava11

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

any other opinions?

Epic_Morph
  • Minecraft: Epic_Morph

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

This is not

"Easy way to find diamonds"

It's

"Watch some guy get lucky, and find a few diamond veins near each other in an act of pure luck"

Morale of the story - Done to death, everyone knows how to find diamonds - dig deep, very deep.

Deathviatar

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

228.zip said:

IceCoolLava11 said:

Nope, caves are flooded with magma from layer 10 and downwards. Magma pools can be found at any level though.
He was actually at layer 12... The topmost bedrock is layer 5, and layers are counted for where your head is. If you hit f3 it should show the y coordinate as your height, just truncate that number that thats the layer you're on.
Posted Image

kylania
    kylania

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

Seem like an oddly high number of diamonds.  I've been branch mining all week (3-4 days so far) and only found 25 diamonds out of 30 or so some 50-block long branches.

GamesArmor

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

Epic_Morph said:

This is not

It's

"Watch some guy get lucky, and find a few diamond veins near each other in an act of pure luck"

Morale of the story - Done to death, everyone knows how to find diamonds - dig deep, very deep.

This.

This.

This.

:o

Seriously people. This has been done dozens of times. Everybody knows how to get diamonds. The OP just got lucky. Everybody gets lucky. I once found a vein of 12 diamonds. All I did was dig deep.

It's pure luck.
Nobody reads my posts... Posted Image

IceCoolLava11

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

GamesArmor said:

Epic_Morph said:

This is not

It's

This.

This.

This.

:(

Seriously people. This has been done dozens of times. Everybody knows how to get diamonds. The OP just got lucky. Everybody gets lucky. I once found a vein of 12 diamonds. All I did was dig deep.

It's pure luck.
I admit yes, this is pure luck but you are going to find more diamonds this way than digging around looking for caves and then finding diamond in caves, before usinng this method i had about 13 diamonds now i have  67, beleive me its a bit more than luck

matthew102000

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

i sw so many things you did wrong, that imSCREAMING at the top of my lungs at my computer screen.

first off, you left SO MANY ORES
secondly, you made tools out of your diamonds. ONLY make a diamond pick, and mabey a diamond sword, and armor. when you make a diamond pick, ONLY use it for obsidion. using it for anything else would be wasting diamonds.
Give me an internet, or Chuck Norris will kill you!!!
Posted Image

Adversity

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=119052

seems to be working really well for everyone whos tried it.  my favorite was either the guy saying he hadnt got ANY diamonds mining layers 6 and 16, read my thread, quickly had 45 diamonds.  or the guy who started a new world and had 7 diamonds within 10mins.

Swingerzetta said:

This forum has made me decide that I now want kids, so that when they get old enough, I can forbid them from coming here. it's a terrible place.
The BEST way to mine diamond, layer 12 and you.

IceCoolLava11

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

matthew102000 said:

i sw so many things you did wrong, that imSCREAMING at the top of my lungs at my computer screen.

first off, you left SO MANY ORES
secondly, you made tools out of your diamonds. ONLY make a diamond pick, and mabey a diamond sword, and armor. when you make a diamond pick, ONLY use it for obsidion. using it for anything else would be wasting diamonds.
The only ores i left were redstone all of the others i came back for

DaysofDecay

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

That was pure luck. Also has everyone forgotten about the thread that has finding ores down to a science. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28299

codegrabber

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

I do it even easier ^^

I use something called Cartograph in combination with photoshop :Pig:
Posted Image