• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[64x / 1.7.4] Broken Anachronism v14 - 1.7 blocks and Plant Overhaul (Feb 13)

steampunk-apocalyptic steampunk apocalyptic surreal 64x broken anachronism broken anachronism 1.7.4 realistic realism

• Please log in to reply
2333 replies to this topic

Poll: Quartz (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Should i make all the quartz green?

1. Yes, it would look better if it was of uniform color (9 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

2. No, it's better the way it is now (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. It would be better if it were a uniform color, but not green (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

4. It's best to have different colors for each, but it needs to be redone (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

i definately did want to do a monorail type thing, since the track gets pretty messed up when it's put diagonally otherwise.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Finally back from having a 2 and a half week long stomach virus. well, ive been better for a few days, and working on this... yep, this took me about 5 days working on it total. it was actually ridiculously hard to time out all the frames right, and well... figure out exactly how i was going to do it.

its the enchanting table top. too bad this texture is covered by a floating book. how would you feel about a book-less enchanting table?

Posted Image

see there? its sort of like an analog computer. the green balls are information packets, and the red things are readers.

here's what it looks like together:

Posted Image

thoughts on this? i was thinking of maybe removing the book completely, or maybe making it into some kind of moving arm device instead.

Posted Image

DuffmanX18

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

I like it.  It's an actual table instead of a slab with a book on it, which most other texture packs do.  

What are you planning on doing for the runes that float from the bookshelves to the table?

Also, glad to see you're back.  Was getting worried. Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostDuffmanX18, on 02 September 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

I like it.  It's an actual table instead of a slab with a book on it, which most other texture packs do.  

What are you planning on doing for the runes that float form the bookshelves to the table?

Also, glad to see you're back.  Was getting worried. Posted Image

i'm not sure what ill do with those, but i was thinking of making the bookshelves appear to have something that dispenses whatever the floating things are. as in... the book shelves have a sort of book scanner, but analog.

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

These are wool textures. one is dark green, the other is yellow. super extreme bonus points for anyone who can guess which is which.*

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'd like to add a few more variants to each of these textures. more splatter-y stuff/grime on the yellow, perhaps a more intact version of the green. i plan to add ctm support for all the wools and glass before releasing the texture pack at the very least. maybe redstone pipes too. for glass i want to have it so that occasionally there will be cracked bits of glass at the edges of the pane (broken windows at random)

*super extreme bonus points have no cash value. void where prohibited. they are imaginary, and do nothing. check with your doctor before using super extreme bonus points. subject to taxes in jamaica, new hampshire, japan, and the nether. keep out of reach of children. 13thmurder is not responsible for internal bleeding. super extreme bonus points cause no such maladies.

Also, cauldrons.

i went with something like a dirty marble sink with claw feet. kind of.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

DuffmanX18

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Think I'll be adding cauldrons to the houses in the city I'm working on, now.  I checked the nether brick fence post and it's pretty close to the cauldron texture, so I could see it working as piping.  I noticed in the OP that you were thinking about making the Nether brick blocks look like rusted metal.  Do you plan on changing those textures?

Don't mean to sound impatient, but when can we expect a new test release?

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostDuffmanX18, on 06 September 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Think I'll be adding cauldrons to the houses in the city I'm working on, now.  I checked the nether brick fence post and it's pretty close to the cauldron texture, so I could see it working as piping.  I noticed in the OP that you were thinking about making the Nether brick blocks look like rusted metal.  Do you plan on changing those textures?

Don't mean to sound impatient, but when can we expect a new test release?

the nether brick was originally meant to be rusty metal bricks when i was making it, however i decided to go a different direction half way through, however you can see rust dripping down from the top of the bricks. but its just grime now.

anyway... as for the next test release, i really can't say. i have a job now, thus less time to texture, but more time to think.

here's a list of the textures i still need to do before the next test release. i try to do at the very least one per day, sometimes one will take me a few days if its really complicated. being sick for 2 weeks really slowed me down, then i spent another week on the enchantment table, so that's 3 weeks there.

Redstone:
Add grit to redstone pipes

Appliances:

Sticky Piston
Piston
Brewing Stand

Etc:

Spiderwebs
Bookshelf
Signs
Wool (some colors are already done)
Chest

Vehicles:
Minecart
Boat
Track
Powered Track
Pressurepad Track

ill try to have the next release out in under 2 weeks, and i feel like im overestimating here, so probably less. maybe ill get a ton done this weekend.

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

im barely awake as i type this and will go to bed right after so ignore any typos, ill clean them up tomorrow.

anyway, here's wool. its dark gray. you can tell by how dark and gray it is. its got varients.

what do you thik?

Posted Image

DuffmanX18

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Looks like it should tile well.  I like it.  Are you going to be using that pattern for other colors, or are you planning on making different colors into different decorative pieces?

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostDuffmanX18, on 08 September 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Looks like it should tile well.  I like it.  Are you going to be using that pattern for other colors, or are you planning on making different colors into different decorative pieces?

each color will have its own pattern. even with tiles, the shape/size will vary.

all wool will be either wallpaper or tiles. whenever there are 2 of the same color, ill try to do one of each. (for example, gray and dark gray, green and dark green, red and pink, magenta and purple, etc.)

i would very much appreciate suggestions on what other varients to include for wallpaper/tiles.

Posted Image

DuffmanX18

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Metal grates would be nice.  Could have varying levels of rust on them.  Also marble tiles for flooring.

ZombieSlayr800
  • Minecraft: ZombieSlayr800

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

I am looking forward to it's completion for I rather enjoy the Steampunk aesthetic with the apocalyptic feel going on,and this so far the best I've seen. Many luck and I will check back to see it's progression.

Posted Image
Y
EAH CRAFTSMAN :DDDDDD

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostDuffmanX18, on 09 September 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Metal grates would be nice.  Could have varying levels of rust on them.  Also marble tiles for flooring.

metal grates, most definately. those will be there. more specifically in the form of sponges. yep, sponges will be rusty metal drains. and sure, i could random ctm the rust on them.

I did some wool today, with variants.

have a look, here's the tiled view with all of the variants i did thrown in.

brown....
Posted Image
see that there? the mysterious red X? what does it mean!? its so mysterious...

light green
Posted Image
the odd oval is supposed to indicate where a picture frame once hung, the black bit is burnt. its much easier to see it for what it is ingame since it's larger.

pink
Posted Image
yep, an odd eye drawing stuck to the wall. quite mysterious.

red
Posted Image
assorted tiles, cracked on occasion. im thinking of tweaking the color a bit.

white
Posted Image
was going for a science lab or perhaps victorian bathroom type thing.

Posted Image

DuffmanX18

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

I was going to suggest chipped and torn wallpaper, but it looks like you were ahead of me there.

On the pink wool, that board that's peeking out from the tear looks like it's looking at you.  Another thing I just noticed on the pink wallpaper, two of the lines in the center don't line up.  Is that intentional?

Also, I'm not sure if those would tile well unless you incorporated some CTM support so they don't repeat the same unique scars.  Not really an issue if that would be too much work, though.

Good work as always.  Man, starting to sound like a broken record.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostDuffmanX18, on 10 September 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

I was going to suggest chipped and torn wallpaper, but it looks like you were ahead of me there.

On the pink wool, that board that's peeking out from the tear looks like it's looking at you.  Another thing I just noticed on the pink wallpaper, two of the lines in the center don't line up.  Is that intentional?

Also, I'm not sure if those would tile well unless you incorporated some CTM support so they don't repeat the same unique scars.  Not really an issue if that would be too much work, though.

Good work as always.  Man, starting to sound like a broken record.

the misasligned bit on the pink was just something that happened when i was putting the textures together to display them. i had a base of the main texture tiled 5x5, then added the alts over it. one of them slipped off the grid a little which is what caused that. it wont appear that way ingame.

also, these alternate textures are indeed planned to go in the game using CTM's random method, meaning that they will be randomly placed in among the main texture at a configurable interval. most of these i will have added in quite rarely, however i plan to have the dirty spots quite common for the wallpaper, and the minor chips quite common for the tiles. the more extreme/noticable the effect, the less commonly it will appear.

Posted Image

appleslinky

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

May I ask how you make those patterns for your wool? Are they hand-drawn, or made some other way?

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postappleslinky, on 10 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

May I ask how you make those patterns for your wool? Are they hand-drawn, or made some other way?

hand drawn.

basically i use GIMP's grid function to measure, then do a bit of math... and assign myself a work area that will take up a specific, but even part of the texture. then i just make a pattern that will easily repeat, in some cases i turn re-use the same pattern but offset it, or turn it upside down for the next row over, and well... basically i have no specific method, but it's all hand drawn.

also, to smooth the pattern over, i used 2 layers of the pattern over the background texture. one is blurred, the other is solid.

as for tiles, i just make a grouttish looking background, draw some tiles, shade the tiles, invert my shading and put that on the grout's background so there are holes where the tiles go, and... rough up the tiles a bit.

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3673 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

light blue wool...
Posted Image
why yes, that is a half-life reference.

orange wool...
Posted Image
kind of looks like bricks, but whatever.

Posted Image

DuffmanX18

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, a bit like small brick tiles.  It works.

Vojife
    Vojife

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • Minecraft: Vojife

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I love the idea of the redstone being pipes! =)

You want a signature? Fine!