• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

luvcoco
    luvcoco

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

I was wondering how to implement parental controls on the chat feature.  My sons are 8 and 10 and I have had to not allow them to use the multiplayer option as I am shocked by the foul language and crude insults directed to my kids by some players!! Is there a way to block the posts from appearing?  The kids want me to have these individuals "banned", I don't know what that means, but I don't see the point if there is no way to make sure that someone else doesn't come along and do the same thing.

Register or log in to remove.

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4924 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Are they just using random servers on the internet?
Hosting a server?
Using a server hosted by a local friend?

There's no built in filters, but there may be mods that provide such features..
An alternative is to only play on servers that are controlled.  White listed, invite only, rule breakers banned, etc.
On a server that you host yourself, you can only allow known players on, like the boys school friends.

Phycozz
    Phycozz

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2248 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

There are mods that allow you to hide chat, but they aren't updated for the current minecraft version yet.

http://www.minecraft...sneak-and-chat/

Improved Chat ^^^^^^^^^^ Also, that will completely block chat, not just hide a few people.

Also, do they play on a certain server? If you know the name of it, they might have options to turn off chat.
Posted Image