Poppet Hood

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

Theres a load of interesting things Capes could be used for in Minecraft. O-O

Heres a suggestion that could be used for using and obtaining them:

Capes could be toggled in the preferance area same place as skins,

No Cape-Free Obtain

Festive Capes-Free Obtain but only usable during Holidays

Notch Day Cape-Free Obtain but only usable on Notch Day

Super Meat Boy Cape-Obtained by getting unlocking Mr. Minecraft in the PC version of Super Meat Boy (Note this is only a suggestion and clearly impossible to connect SMB and Minecraft though Gift Codes etc.)

Fourm Post Capes-Obtained from having high post counts on the Minecraftforums

Donator Cape-Obtained from donating to Notch

Wiki Cape-Obtained from being a Minecraft Wiki contributor

Game Hours Cape-Obtained by being a bloody Minecraft Addict wasting Man-Hours building pixles when you could be building real stuff

Register or log in to remove.

Mikespillow

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

Well, I would tell you to use the search bar because it's been suggested before, but you probably know that.

Poppet Hood said:

In my opinion, they should only be obtainable during the holiday/Notch day event, but could be wearable at any time.

Poppet Hood said:

Super Meat Boy Cape-Obtained by getting unlocking Mr. Minecraft in the PC version of Super Meat Boy (Note this is only a suggestion and clearly impossible to connect SMB and Minecraft though Gift Codes etc.)

How would you connect forum and wiki related achievements to in game awards?

Poppet Hood said:

Game Hours Cape-Obtained by being a bloody Minecraft Addict wasting Man-Hours building pixles when you could be building real stuff
Noooo. This encourages that behavior, lol. That's bad!
Herocraft White-lister

b2dluck
    b2dluck

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

retawted

PhoenixBrave

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

No Cape-Free Obtain

Whats the Notch day thing? Im fine with the holiday capes as long as there not ugly like the Christmas cape.

How would we get the SMB cape? And I think this would be impossible even with Notches coding knowledge.
The forum post cape is impossible because Notch isnt going to keep track how has gotten the highest post in the forums and plus he never even reads the forums anyway.

What does the donator cap look like?
Once again, Notch never pays attention to the wiki anymore.
Lets not encourage fat kids to play even more games now.
Posted Image

armlego900

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

if u guys want pet :SSSS: s its a mod i really want my face showing i think it will apper :ArmMineCraft:

paxio5922
  • Minecraft: paxio5922

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

That would be cool, i support the Post cape BUT! the number on it should change when your post number change. for example, you hit 500 posts and you log into minecraft, you hit 510 posts and you RELOGIN into minecraft and your cape changes. Similar to dog tags on BF3.

JIG203
    JIG203

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Minecraft: JIG203

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

It's a good idea, but it's not totally necessary.  Why would capes be important other than decorating your avatar and saying "Oh, I have this cape and you don't, loser!"
Check out my blog: jig203.tumblr.com !

Themmcers

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Nah i think notch should make it you can only get a cape by going to minecon because if you could get a cape by donating to notch everyone would have one because they would donate.

BLAZERLINK3000

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

i think there should be a custamisible cape crafted with leather like this Posted Image =leather

Posted Image Posted Image

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Nah. If they start adding all these extra ways to wear capes, it ruins the integrity of them. Capes should just stick to developers and Minecon attendees, and not go beyond that. No support.

I can already imagine a bunch of wiki newbies spamming changes to the Minecraft wiki in a vain attempt to get a cape.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

BLAZERLINK3000

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Post0_Zippy, on 16 December 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Nah. If they start adding all these extra ways to wear capes, it ruins the integrity of them. Capes should just stick to developers and Minecon attendees, and not go beyond that. No support.

I can already imagine a bunch of wiki newbies spamming changes to the Minecraft wiki in a vain attempt to get a cape.

coman, i dont like the wiki cape, but the other ones are good

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostBLAZERLINK3000, on 16 December 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

coman, i dont like the wiki cape, but the other ones are good
"Come on" is not spelled "coman". No, the other ones aren't good. Reasons like having a high post count on these forums (which aren't connected to Mojang) or having a lot of hours on the game are stupid reasons.

The "play a lot of hours" cape would just be abused by people who'd leave their game running while they're elsewhere.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

SantaClauz
  • Minecraft: StChristmas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Wiki probably wouldn't be the best but a good cape would be "The All Achievement Cape" Which is you earn all achievements in Minecraft. I don't know if that is the best name for it but still. But yeah capes really should be added to minecraft :)
Posted Image

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5198 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostSantaClauz, on 16 December 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

but a good cape would be "The All Achievement Cape" Which is you earn all achievements in Minecraft. I don't know if that is the best name for it but still. But yeah capes really should be added to minecraft Posted Image
That's actually just as bad as the wiki cape idea... The achievements in Minecraft are not hard to get, and it would absolutely RUIN it for the Minecon attendees and Mojang staff. Everyone would have them, and they wouldn't be unique. Imagine winning first prize in an extremely difficult contest, getting a gold 1st-place trophy, then all of a sudden you hear "We don't anyone else to feel bad, so we're gonna give everyone a 1st-place trophy!" It just doesn't work that way.

Good god, this is like the Golden Wrench in TF2.

Amosfriend
  • Minecraft: Amosfriend
  • Xbox:Bah, who needs Xbox?

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

There's already a few mods that add capes, I use one myself for my server. That's just as easy, and it doesn't ruin the integrity, being a "fake" cape.

Jk987654321

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Capes are for special people not for just earning ranks or donating.
Sometimes...there's that moment...when...you have to just....
Posted Image
DANCE IT OUT! WOOOOO Posted Image

Endermeen2001

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

you can even get capes from mods like mccapes.com. I don't know what is the problem but when you download that, everyone can see your cape perfectly fine, and you too, but when I see my cape it is all white and is missing the texture that I put for it.

oGYU22o
    oGYU22o

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: oGYU22o

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

yea but other people need your mod to see your cape or they won't see anything

Puredarkness

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Uh, no support. Capes are for special people, IE. Mojangsters or Minecon attendees.
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact