Here it is, a cross-platform GUI for Tectonicus, the best Minecraft map renderer!
Minetographer is a Minecraft deep map renderer powered by OrangyTang's Tectonicus. It allows you to make highly detailed maps of your Minecraft worlds that are viewable using HTML. This makes it easy to create and load maps onto a web server to be viewed anywhere. Minetographer also prioritizes tasks according to system load to make the rendering process even faster and more stable.
Map generator screen:
Minetographer will automatically list all your Minecraft worlds. Select one, choose your options and press Render Map to start the rendering process.
When the render is complete, Minetographer will open your map automatically. The generated map will look like the map seen below.
Custom texture pack render:
Download Version (0.7.7):
Mac OS X - Download!
Windows - Download!
Linux - Download!
In This Version:
- Title displays only version and not distribution.
- Render the Ender dimension. (Testing)
- Support for new 1.0 block types.
- Added option to update the map without a complete re-render.
- App settings is now in XML format instead of MDat format.
- Blog posts no longer trail way off the screen.
- No longer saves config files multiple times during startup.
- Settings panel has more intuitive user interface.
- Minor visual improvements.
Release Notes: View...
Running Minetographer in Manual Mode:
- Download the Linux version: Download!
- Run this command through CMD/Terminal:
java -Xms64m -Xmx256m -jar Minetographer.jar -help
Writing Plugins for Minetographer:
To write a custom plugin for Minetographer you must download and import the plugin libraries provided in the link below.
- Start a new Java project in whichever IDE you like.
- Your main class should be named "MinetographerPlugin". If it is not, Minetographer will not know what class to load.
- Your main class should implement "Plugin" found in the package "com.tyoinspired.minetographer.adt".
- Use the class "Application" provided as a parameter in "run(Application a)" to interface with Minetographer.
Browse Plugin Javadocs: Browse...
Note: The plugin system is very minimal at this point. More classes will be added to the plugin libraries as need arises.
Tectonicus is created and owned by OrangyTang. To see more about Tectonicus, visit its forum page here. If you like this software, you can donate to the Tectonicus project. I am only responsible for the GUI and other related software. He is responsible for the rendering engine that powers Minetographer.
Minetographer is available under version 3 of the GNU General Public License.