46 replies to this topic

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

Hello DoMO players both past and present (lets face it, probably past if you're even out there). Do you like the addicting game of Dream of Mirror but ran out of things to do? Do you want to join a brand new private server dedicated to Dream of Mirror Online and it's community?

We are looking for fellow Dream of Mirror players to come join our server. The one requirement is that you have played DoMO in the past. I know this is a major restriction, and I don't even know if any ex-DoMO players will stumble across this, but we're aiming to build a tight-knit community (a little over 10 members at the moment). It would be great to have some common knowledge for a few of the projects we are working on:

1.) A complete DoMO-themed texture pack
2.) Rebuilding the DoMO world in the world of Minecraft

HOW TO JOIN

To be white-listed, please post here with the following:

1.) Your Minecraft IGN
2.) Your E-mail (Optional)
3.) Link to your Aeria profile (for confirmation you played the game in the past)

Your e-mail is required if you wish to be sent the DoMO-themed texturepack (in progress).

RULES

1.) No griefing

Other than that, you are free to enjoy and build in our server as you wish.

GOALS

1.) To expand our population
2.) To complete our 16x DoMO Texture Pack
3.) To recreate the land of DoMO
4.) To eventually make a HD DoMO texture pack
5.) More connectivity -- voice chatting, etc.

Feel free to ask us questions, to give suggestions.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Our DOMO-themed 16x texture pack is under way, with most of the items done (so far worked on so far by Gracey, Felina, Crow). We're just getting started on the DOMO map front, with WDGuy's painted DOMO world in progress at the moment.

IMAGES

Arms Dealer
http://i.imgur.com/1wsj8.png
http://i.imgur.com/EeeTH.png

Eversun Inn
http://i.imgur.com/Qm7PT.png
http://i.imgur.com/tFmOa.png
http://i.imgur.com/dvfAS.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

KagomeKritin

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

1.) KagomeKritin
2.) [email protected]
3.) www.aeriagames.com/user/pokemoninuyasha

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Wow, I'm amazed someone from DOMO actually saw this thread xD

Kinda coincidence I just started checking this thread again the last day or two when you posted. I white-listed you and sent you an email with the details. See ya ingame!

JoeSheep

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

I came across this thread searching for anyone who might have remade DoMo in Minecraft, because I was planning doing it myself.

Some improvements to your creations so far:
  • WORK IN APPROX 1/1 SCALE! It just would look soo much better if it was in a 1/1 scale. You can use something like the tiles on the ground outside on the street as a scale, say one tile = one block or something.
  • Work in allot more detail. Seriously really do pay attention to each and every detail. It can make the difference between a good looking rebuild, and an amazing rebuild.
  • Looking at the Eversun Inn, it looks a little inaccurate, although I think if you worked in 1/1 scale then the building might be bigger giving you a chance to put in allot more detail.
Here I got a photo to help explain how I would rebuild it.

Posted Image

The picture with the wooden floor:
I would probably do one block of planks in Minecraft to one plank in DoMo.

The picture with the steps:
I would put either 3 or 2 step blocks here, since you can fit 2 people side by side though, I would be most likely to go for 2 steps.

The picture with the tiles outside next the the wall and the hobo:
I would probably do one tile to one block here.

The picture with the steps and pillar to my right:
I would make the pillar 4x4 here.

The best thing to do is just keep playing around with the different scales to work from and see which one you prefer. I built a full scale Hyrule Castle from Wind Waker using a scale on the stairs. Every two steps up was equivalent to one stair block in Minecraft.

I have been playing DoMo since 2007 so I know it very well.
By the way, if you are still working on this, and need some.. very indepth photos of.. any where.. let me know and I can get them for you. *looks around cautiously* eheh Posted Image

Also, I am loving the texture pack at the moment. Especially the crafting window.

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hey! The DOMO world thing was kind of on hold while we're waiting for one of our players to paint the world map. The scale he is using is larger than those screenshots of the inn. The entire world was estimated to be 213 by 172 chunks.

Most of the items.png and GUI is done now with the texture pack. The terrain is in progress but seems a bit tricky to do in 16x (help is always welcome if you're good with that kind of thing, or know somebody that is). It would be nice to know what structures looked like once we have more of the terrain textures sorted.

JoeSheep

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostSporkin, on 16 May 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Hey! The DOMO world thing was kind of on hold while we're waiting for one of our players to paint the world map. The scale he is using is larger than those screenshots of the inn. The entire world was estimated to be 213 by 172 chunks.

Most of the items.png and GUI is done now with the texture pack. The terrain is in progress but seems a bit tricky to do in 16x (help is always welcome if you're good with that kind of thing, or know somebody that is). It would be nice to know what structures looked like once we have more of the terrain textures sorted.

Oh ok. Ahh, well that is going to be big then. I just thought that it looked kind of small looking at your images of the inn you built.

I have good skill with photoshop etc. but I don't know if I would be any good at doing terrain textures.

Also this is what I meant by very indepth photos:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boxes are in place to protect my characters identity.. for reason.. lol

I can get more of these for you if u like :)

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostJoeSheep, on 16 May 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Boxes are in place to protect my characters identity.. for reason.. lol

You had your IGN in the previous images lol.. although I don't recognise that character. Could be wrong server or after I stopped playing

I haven't logged on in a while, but I assume that's the attic of the Eversun Inn? If we go ahead with the project, it would be nice to include 'hidden' areas, but aside from that Eversun test run it's kind of in planning stages. Also I was kind of holding out for the official mod API, to give players more freedom with building (it's vanilla at the moment).. but it looks like that will be delayed until 1.4

JoeSheep

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostSporkin, on 17 May 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

You had your IGN in the previous images lol.. although I don't recognise that character. Could be wrong server or after I stopped playing

I haven't logged on in a while, but I assume that's the attic of the Eversun Inn? If we go ahead with the project, it would be nice to include 'hidden' areas, but aside from that Eversun test run it's kind of in planning stages. Also I was kind of holding out for the official mod API, to give players more freedom with building (it's vanilla at the moment).. but it looks like that will be delayed until 1.4

Lol that is true, however there is no proof that I used the same account! Reason is that I can get banned for being there. SO shhhh! lol :D
I have been playing since 2008 on and off on sapphire.

It is actually the basement of the Inn, but behind the portal instead of in it :P

What does the mod API do?

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Ah, I was on Onyx. Didn't realise getting into those areas was bannable, I seem to remember half the server going into that area at the top of Bigbeam City. I'm not completely sure what the API does, but from what I understood, it would make loading mods a lot simpler.. drag and drop into a folder similar to how texture packs work or something. I had hoped that would mean the server wouldn't need to be converted to bukkit.

JoeSheep

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostSporkin, on 17 May 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Ah, I was on Onyx. Didn't realise getting into those areas was bannable, I seem to remember half the server going into that area at the top of Bigbeam City. I'm not completely sure what the API does, but from what I understood, it would make loading mods a lot simpler.. drag and drop into a folder similar to how texture packs work or something. I had hoped that would mean the server wouldn't need to be converted to bukkit.

Oh right. Yeah I have had a few warnings before when I didn't realise that you could get banned. There was actually a game sage around the inn at that point so I had to be very careful. By the place at the top of bigbeam do you mean that garden? Because I loved that place, it is.. well so cool. I have explored an awful lot of places with an old friend, who seems to no longer play it. I have also been down the place in the town hall basement, you know the center area where you I think first fight that tiger guy in the mirror quest. I have also scaled the whole of the outside wall of eversun, but on the outside areas.

Is there a problem with it being converted to bucket? Because I use that and I find it is very good and easy to use.

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

Yeah I don't understand why they'd even warn against doing that. SS bothered creating those areas, and I seriously doubt we'll EVER have a legit use for them ingame + there's no benefit from entering them as far as I can tell.

I guess it's not a major problem converting to bukkit. The main reason I was reluctant is the waiting time for bukkit to catch up to the official release version.

JoeSheep

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostSporkin, on 18 May 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

Yeah I don't understand why they'd even warn against doing that. SS bothered creating those areas, and I seriously doubt we'll EVER have a legit use for them ingame + there's no benefit from entering them as far as I can tell.

I guess it's not a major problem converting to bukkit. The main reason I was reluctant is the waiting time for bukkit to catch up to the official release version.

I think it might be because I use a glitch to get there.. although it isn't really a glitch, rather something that they purposefully built into the game, I have no idea why though. Also it is not like it gives you any unfair advantage in game.

My bukkit server is always completely up to date with minecraft, you just have to download development builds.
You can download them HERE.

Bukkit isn't often up to date with releasing their stable versions, but these development builds I find work fine.

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thought it was just fencer stuns and WD bugs xD

Will look into changing to bukkit, but at the moment there doesn't seem a lot of point because it's pretty small and white-listed + didn't really get into building domo structures yet.

JoeSheep

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostSporkin, on 18 May 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Thought it was just fencer stuns and WD bugs xD

Will look into changing to bukkit, but at the moment there doesn't seem a lot of point because it's pretty small and white-listed + didn't really get into building domo structures yet.

Yeah that is one reason why I don't understand that you can get banned for it, they built it into the game lol..

Ok that is fair enough. I think I shall keep an eye on this thread.

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

I guess we have a month to take screenshots...

JoeSheep

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostSporkin, on 03 June 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I guess we have a month to take screenshots...

Only until now I just realised what you meant....
I cannot believe they shutdown DoMo.. such a big mistake, they have no idea how to market their dam games
to keep them alive.

lokilorester
  • Minecraft: XKimichi

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hi! ^-^. It's been so long to play DOMO and i can't believe it's coming to an end... I'd like to try out your server if i'm able to. Here is my info.
1)xKimichi
2)[email protected]
3)http://www.aeriagame...ser/Cbjpinoyboy

I hope you will see this, i miss DOMO a lot XD. Sprites ftw :3

JoeSheep

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

View Postlokilorester, on 14 July 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Sprites ftw :3

YEEEES!! What server was u on? I was on sapphire and called ChillPill x)

lokilorester
  • Minecraft: XKimichi

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

YES A REPLY. :DDDD I was on Sapphire! Was called LokiLoresterX3

Sporkin
    Sporkin

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Decided to take a break from MC for a few weeks, but will get the server back up if there are enough people interested.