• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Youtube won't let me monetize my Minecraft videos D=

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Mushtato

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

I recently received a letter from youtube saying they won't let me monetize my minecraft videos on youtube because they can't verify that I have proper commercial use rights to the video. Here is the full letter:

Thanks for submitting your videos for monetization. We have disabled monetization on the following videos because we were not able to verify that you have the appropriate commercial use rights for all included content:

-snip-

If you can provide documentation that you have the necessary commercial use rights for all elements in your video, please take a moment to learn how to claim rights to a video, and then submit documentation using the links above.
Please note that we may only serve ads on advertiser-friendly content. YouTube reserves the right to make the final decision whether to monetize a video, and may disable monetization for users who repeatedly submit ineligible videos. If you currently have videos pending review, you may choose to opt them out of monetization by visiting http://www.youtube.com/my_videos.
Thanks,
The YouTube Team

So am I not allowed to make money from my minecraft videos on youtube and if I am then how can I show them that?
A cockroach farts every 15 minutes! =D
{}{ <>< {}{ <>< {}{ <>< {}{ <>< {}{ <><

Register or log in to remove.

FutureNyanCat

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

The reason why they don't allow you to monetize your video is because you didn't claim rights from a video. You can go to the website to know how to claim rights from the video:
http://support.googl...&answer=1311196
Thanks in advance! ~Jaden1291

Posted Image

| YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jaden1291 | Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/ |

FutureNyanCat. The Nyan Cat of the Forum. Current Version: v120.0 (Despicable Kitty Update)

Mushtato

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostJaden1291, on 27 March 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

The reason why they don't allow you to monetize your video is because you didn't claim rights from a video. You can go to the website to know how to claim rights from the video:
http://support.googl...&answer=1311196
Thanks in advance! ~Jaden1291

Do you happen to know a way of getting permission to make money of these minecraft videos?

halfblocked

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

You can monitize minecraft video's.
What youtube is telling you, is you never actually said you own the content in the text box. You must say you own the content, this way if you steal stuff you are liable and they are not
Posted Image

ImSallad
    ImSallad

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Yeah like the guy said above, when monetizing the video, just give a description of why you own the video basically...

Mushtato

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

so Mojang won't sue me or do anything to me if I make money off minecraft videos right? Cuz that is my main concern here.

loook
    loook

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Minecraft: loook

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Try something like "The content in this video is of the video game "Minecraft", The creators/copyright holders allow its users to do what they please when it comes to making videos of this game as stated in the following quote: "You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game" seen here: http://www.minecraft.net/terms I own all distribution rights to this video."

ChoongJae

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yeah. Just make sure you try crediting everything you show in the video. Mojang let's you make videos. But they want you to credit them like linking to them in the description. So just credit the things in the video and if it's hard to tell if it's yours, just make sure to hint it's from whatever you want to name yourself.

Posted Image

Rand0mK1w1

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

yeh do soemthing like that. i tend to use:
MINECRAFT TERMS OF USE ALLOW DISTRIBUTION OF VIDEO CONTENT
http://www.minecraft.net/terms

but it could also be maybe that for a few seconds you minimized minecraft and there are logos on your dekstop or that people can see the windows start bar/mac dock
() ()
(oo)
(UU)

frotographer
  • Minecraft: frotographer
  • Xbox:frotographer

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Having this issue myself, I've used the solution provided by Loook, so if that works thankyou very much.

It's just starting to feel like YouTube are just messing with me.
Posted Image

DarthTimmanis

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Postloook, on 29 March 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Try something like "The content in this video is of the video game "Minecraft", The creators/copyright holders allow its users to do what they please when it comes to making videos of this game as stated in the following quote: "You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game" seen here: http://www.minecraft.net/terms I own all distribution rights to this video."

I used a very similar response. I am still waiting to hear back from them. I hope it goes through! Thanks so much!
Like Minecraft Videos? Check out my Youtube Channel!!! Feel free to follow me on twitter! @DarthTimmanis

Sideus1
    Sideus1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Provide a link to this webstie!: https://minecraft.net/terms

This content is mine according to the minecraft.net terms of use paragraph 6

Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you. Other than commercial use (unless specifically authorized by us in our brand and assets usage guidelines - for instance you are allowed to put ads on your YouTube videos containing Minecraft footage), you're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money. We reserve the final say regarding what constitutes a tool/plugin and what doesn't.

BlameTheCows
  • Minecraft: Ohmydoddtv

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Mojang won't sue you for making money off of your videos. I mean look at the hundreds of people already doing it! To be honest, I've never heard of having to claim that you own the video in the description...unless of course youtube has detected that someone else has made the exact same video which would be a huge coincidence! Well maybe it's not...there are so many Minecraft let's plays out there now.
Posted Image

AaronRobo13
  • Minecraft: AaronRobo13

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Wrong, Wrong, WRONG!
The real reason is you can't monetize game videos on youtube cause youtube doesn't have the rights. You will have to apply for a partnership (basically monetizing) with a network such as Machinima, TGN, Social Blade, or Acifin. Those networks actually have rights to game content, and already asked game developers for permission.

YAROcrafter
  • Minecraft: lord_YARO

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostAaronRobo13, on 13 March 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Wrong, Wrong, WRONG!
The real reason is you can't monetize game videos on youtube cause youtube doesn't have the rights. You will have to apply for a partnership (basically monetizing) with a network such as Machinima, TGN, Social Blade, or Acifin. Those networks actually have rights to game content, and already asked game developers for permission.

Wrong yourself, anyone can monetize Minecraft videos on YouTube, even without partnership. You automatically have the rights to your video of Minecraft, and Mojang even tells you that in their ToS for Minecraft.

And when you upload your video you have to make sure you check the Creative Commons box to claim the video as your own. Monetizing a YouTube has to do with your partner status and your location. In the US, Canada and several other countries to get a basic YouTube partnership where you can make money off of your videos, but get no added perks you only need to monetize one of your videos. In other countries YouTube does not allow this, and you must become partnered with YouTube, or some other network.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image