• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * * 8 votes

Minecraft Has 25 Million Registered Users!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Redstoneman19
  • Minecraft: armyof19

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

I was so lucky to get in the fist 600 people to comment on the thing, over 15k have commented on it right now. also a thing
i would like to point out... when a free minecraft giftcode is being given away, 15k people comment and 6k like, but when
it is just a post, only 30-100 comment and 10-30 likes... lol
Yes, I am a hardcore minecrafter, doesn't make me forever alone though.

Register or log in to remove.

karaberky98213

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

I hope im in the 100 users lol. anyways.. thnx Mojang!!!!Posted Image Posted Image

WTFScareFTW

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Great job Mojang! :D Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Grimur
    Grimur

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostKing Korihor, on 26 March 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Rants like this annoy me.  If you think you know better, go ahead and make your own gaming company and convince a similar group of people to give you money.  I dare you!

Mojang doesn't owe us a single thing.  If you like the game, you pay for it.  If you don't, Mojang doesn't get the money.  That is all that matters and if you think Mojang is milking this game for every dime they can get... that is called free market capitalism.

There is nothing unique or distinctive of Mojang... other than they have hit upon a good idea and are being successful with the concept.  If anything, the odds are stacked against independent developers from succeeding.  I've seen other groups of programmers even come up with some fairly good ideas but not really be able to make much money from those ideas.

This isn't to say that the "bootlicking" is a bit annoying, but you also don't have to be a jerk either.

As for missing content, there are a whole bunch of very good mods that install any of this content you might want to add.  I'd rather have a game which you can mold into the game you want by choosing parts and pieces rather than demanding that everybody have the same thing... so I am sort of glad that there is a minimal number of mobs and features as well.  In fact, I dare say that is part of the draw from this game as opposed to other more structured games.

what you and most other retards on this site cant seem to understand, is that Notch promised to use the money he got from sales on developing the game (it at least said so when i bought my copy), it said so very clearly on the same part of the site you bought the copy of the game, Notch has not even tried to up hold his end of the deal, he would much rather act like the lying scumbag he is and pocket the money, at least where i live we call people who do such things scam artists and we lock them up (like they should be).

gothx24
    gothx24

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

25 million? YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Congratulations mojang!

systemsoad

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostLegatonin, on 26 March 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

i feel bad havin a cracked account........ but once the results are over, good bye stupid cracked accounts, hello my sweet sweet sweet Legit minecraft
i erm.. 'don't use cracked minecraft and i don't joined this just to get a legit account just like you'

Posted Image

BondageKitty
  • Minecraft: BondageKitty
  • Xbox:BondageKitty

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

Now subtract the many alt accounts, Not working accounds, Lost passwords, Multiple griefer accounts for classic and premium and pirated Minecraft.
People tend to hate me without ever meeting me. This makes me pity said people.

Zen42
    Zen42

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

something to achieve in the future: good terrain generation!

King Korihor

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

View Postsystemsoad, on 27 March 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

i erm.. 'don't use cracked minecraft and i don't joined this just to get a legit account just like you'

I'll admit that I started playing Minecraft using the PCGamer free demo version (time limited, but full Minecraft Beta functionality).  Heck, I still have the original map I started back elsewhen.

After playing for a couple of weeks, I broke down and purchased the game.  I'm glad that I did, and Notch deserved the cash at the time too.
Posted Image
Version 2.1 now updated for MC 1.6.2

sixit
    sixit

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

How do we enter the drawing without Facebook?

sixit
    sixit

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostGrimur, on 27 March 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

... Notch promised to use the money he got from sales on developing the game... Notch has not even tried to up hold his end of the deal, he would much rather act like the lying scumbag he is and pocket the money, at least where i live we call people who do such things scam artists and we lock them up (like they should be).

Since you are so well-versed in law, then you know that every developed country has defamation laws.  Your libelous rant could easily get you into legal trouble; whether it is civil or criminal depends on where you are located.

The game has, and continues to be, developed.  Here's proof: http://www.mojang.com/author/jeb/

An apology from you is in order, so "man up" and deliver.

LihP
    LihP

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 111 posts
  • Minecraft: LihP_

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

I have liked it!

A Minecraft Community with many Game modes including Dwarves Vs Zombies.
The LihP Network - Europe: pvp.lihp.eu USA: pvp.lihp.us

systemsoad

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

anyone know when will they choose the winners?

Posted Image

Wafflemaster101
  • Minecraft: Wafflemaster

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Wow This is not shocking....BECAUSE IT AN AWSOME GAME!!!!!! I love this game and i like almost ever single comment on facebook. I MADE a facebook account just to see and like it. XD I wont be shocked if it gets to the TRILLIONS. So people play safe and watch out for Posted Images.

eZaF_nOoB
  • Minecraft: ezaf_noob

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Dang minecraft is just gettin bigger and bigger each day
Posted Image

nataketchup
  • Minecraft: fifi1233

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

4 millions buy the game
but i fell like all the 25 millions pirated the game

Valentino147

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

we gona hit 50 :D
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english :D...

stellarstead
  • Minecraft: blink348

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

Pretty hot, I guess.

camclark17

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

How will we know if we win?

Giraffelope

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

That is awesome! Nicely done Notch, Jeb, and everyone else who helped with Minecraft! For your hard work, you get a diamond! Posted Image

View Postcamclark17, on 29 March 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

How will we know if we win?
They will send you a message.