• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Has anyone actually seen "Minceraft" yet?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

jacer21
    jacer21

Carpenter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Minecraft: jacer21

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

If you didn't already know, with 1.2 (I think) there's a small chance that when you open Minecraf it will say "Minceraft" instead of "Minecraft". Has anyone seen this happen yet?

Register or log in to remove.

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

I think it's a part of the 'dont dig down' one and it's been there forever.
Posted Image

EvanderQuisling7737
  • Minecraft: EvanderQ7737

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

I've probably gotten it and didn't even notice it. To be honest, it's not something I really care about.
I've been a Minecraft player since Beta 1.7, still my favorite game!
Twitter: @EvanLange7737

rbailey5
    rbailey5

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostEvanderQuisling7737, on 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

I've probably gotten it and didn't even notice it. To be honest, it's not something I really care about.
This is probably the case for most people.  A lot of us have most likely gotten it, and just not noticed.  I for one, don't really ever pay attention.

Also, I remember hearing about a study a while back that said taht people don't really pay attention to (read) the middle letters in a word, as long as the first and last letters are correct so...
Posted Image

SchizeQ
    SchizeQ

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: SchizeQ

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

View Postrbailey5, on 26 March 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

This is probably the case for most people.  A lot of us have most likely gotten it, and just not noticed.  I for one, don't really ever pay attention.

Also, I remember hearing about a study a while back that said taht people don't really pay attention to (read) the middle letters in a word, as long as the first and last letters are correct so...
This is a perfect example of that :)

http://www.ecenglish...ns/can-you-read

djstyle10

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostSchizeQ, on 26 March 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

This is a perfect example of that Posted Image

http://www.ecenglish...ns/can-you-read
i read that paragraph and after reading i was amazed at how i could read that. :o

Black_Drath
  • Minecraft: Black_Drath

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

View Postdjstyle10, on 26 March 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

i read that paragraph and after reading i was amazed at how i could read that. Posted Image
Me too.

I've never seen this, or at least I've never consciously seen it. I don't look for it though, even after I found out about it,  so I may never see it.

Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

View Postrbailey5, on 26 March 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Purposeful typo?

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

I heard about that study like 6 or 7 years ago and people keep randomly bringing it up like it's new. :/

So is this what notch was talking about when he said the 'thing no one ever discovered' because I'm sure some people knew about the Minceraft thing.
Posted Image

Microbots

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

I read this topic as Minecraft. So I highly doubt i would of seen it. Is it even in the code of the game, or were the Yogscast trolling?

Sutinen
    Sutinen

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1168 posts
  • Minecraft: Sutinen

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostMicrobots, on 26 March 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

I read this topic as Minecraft. So I highly doubt i would of seen it. Is it even in the code of the game, or were the Yogscast trolling?
No. I don't think it was Yogscast who found it, but someone on reddit. After that, these fame-hungry guys made a video of it and everyone thought they found it.
Posted Image

Charlie Brown

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

They made that same typo on the website a while ago and the forums had a hot topic about it. They might have done it on purpose now, since they have that sort of humor.
Posted Image

volcano_fl

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Poor Notch, whatever he included was found minutes after the update - except for 'Minceraft', because you never look at the title screen.

Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postvolcano_fl, on 26 March 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Poor Notch, whatever he included was found minutes after the update - except for 'Minceraft', because you never look at the title screen.

Wait, wasn't that what he was TRYING to accomplish? What's really sad is that people pushed him hard enough to reveal a secret that didn't even seem worth it, once we learned it.

Axgule
    Axgule

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Minecraft: Axgule

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

I saw it once. But back then I thought it was part of a mod I downloaded.

altaire4
    altaire4

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

I got it right after the full release, but just thought it was a minor bug, so I never reported it.  Now I wish I had...
There's a reason he's called "The Sisko"
Star Trek DS9 and Doctor Who FTW.

the_waffle_man
  • Minecraft: the_waffle_man

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

If I have, never noticed.
Can you understand this?:
How mcuh wood cluod a wudoochck cuchk if a wudoochck cluod cuchk wood?

Strange_toenail

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

It was added in the 1.9 beta update not 1.2
It's on the yogscast as minecrafts biggest secret
HEROBRINE is watching you...
He's just outside your window

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostSutinen, on 26 March 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

No. I don't think it was Yogscast who found it, but someone on reddit. After that, these fame-hungry bastards made a video of it and everyone thought they found it.
Ooh, bashing on the Yogscast for no reason whatsoever; aren't you the big and clever one.

I've almost certainly had the Minceraft logo show up. It's a 1 in 10,000 chance and I must have booted up Minecraft close to 10,000 times. I've just never noticed because I don't look at the title any more. I don't even look at the splash text any more now I think about it.
Posted Image

CKtheFat
  • Minecraft: CKtheFat

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

If it's a 1 in 10,000 chance, and if Minecraft has been out for 3 years (that's quite a generous number) you'd have had to boot up Minecraft almost 11 times a day in order to have likely seen it by now.

I'm it's overlooked more often than not.  Notch probably meant to keep us off balance thinking it was a hidden feature (aka, "removed herobrine.")
Posted Image