Latest News Article

Minecraft Password Generator

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Elite6809
  • Minecraft: Elite6809
  • Xbox:Elite 6809

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

I am sick to the damn brink of people losing accounts. It's not fair. It's not right.
Therefore I've mixed up a customizable password generator for you to use.
Posted Image
Now you have no reason to have your password bruteforced. You can choose the length, add keywords, and even change what characters the generator will work with.
Please, PLEASE use this. I can't stand to see people suffering.
Download: http://dl.dropbox.co...raftPassGen.zip

Also, doubleclick the info box at the top for... something.
Try to make sure you get a password with symbols in it, otherwise it's easier to bruteforce.

Peace out. Good luck.
-Elite6809

05 Dec 2010 - Today

Register or log in to remove.

ledraps
    ledraps

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

im gonna make a password myself based from the generator.
a hacker can use this generator as a base
i give you a zombie on a stick
[Zombie]
[|] [Leaves]
with a side of healthy green leaves

SuperZac said:

1. Some times some blocks take a while to light on fire. I think. Idk.
2. I hate your life too. :)

Joe.
    Joe.

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Minecraft: Overcookedjoe

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

I agree with the person above me,
I'd rather make up my own password than have some dodgy 3rd party program do it for me.
No offence, but hackers use these  :iapprove:
Playing Minecraft Since September 12th 2010 - Alpha 1.1

DisturbedTK

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

Joe. said:

I agree with the person above me,
I'd rather make up my own password than have some dodgy 3rd party program do it for me.
No offence, but hackers use these  :)

Hackers use these? Hackers really don't do shit with this program, it generates random letters based on keywords. Sure, it will be easier to them to crack your password if you start spreading the keywords you used (That would kinda be pretty dumb). Tho I don't really see the purpose of this program because pretty much every human is able to make a password that would take years to crack. My advise? SMASH THE KEYBOARD

Pillag3r
    Pillag3r

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:08 AM

I'm not saying this is but I'd laugh if this was a keylogger.

Elite6809

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

Pillag3r said:

I'm not saying this is but I'd laugh if this was a keylogger.
Itdd be typical if they hacked my Dropbox to replace it with one, oh the irony :)

05 Dec 2010 - Today

th3raven
    th3raven

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

So in the interests of account security, you're advocating the use of a 3rd party program that by its very nature, will know the user's password...

Posted Image

Elite6809

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

th3raven said:

Useless whine
Unless you have something constructive to say, don't post.

And just for you, because it seems you know absolutely nothing about how computers work, it doesn't 'know' the password. It's a completely random algorithm. It's your fault if you manage to get that password distrobuted, be it by a virus taking a screenshot (yes, they can and will do that) or otherwise.
The program doesn't 'know' it. It doesn't store it, remember it, send it, hit it across the head with a mallet, or anything. All it does is show it in a box, and let you copy and paste it. That's all.
Now, if you'll mind, get off this thread. Imageposts are against the rules and make you look like an idiot.

05 Dec 2010 - Today

Swingerzetta
  • Minecraft: Swingerzetta

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

Elite6809 said:

...Imageposts are against the rules...
it's true. Although I can't do much about that here.

This looks like a handy device.
Does it generate the same password for the same seed words? in which case, it makes it easy to recover if you forget the passwords, too. As for security, wouldn't a firewall, or, at the more etxreem level, unplugging one's internet, be safety enough for those who don't trust it?

Personally, I'd want a handheld version of this. You know, on a keychain. A pocket password reminder would work well.

TheGuardian001

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

Here's the thing about all these recent "hackings." Although almost none of them will admit it, I guarantee 99% of them fell for the phishing scam that was here a week ago. It brought them to a very convincing looking yet very fake minecraft forum login page, and a ton of people simply logged right in (by which I mean "gave away their accounts.")

Nobody got brute-forced. They all fell for a stupid scam and covered for it be screaming hax. Or is it a coincidence that all the "hax" started the day the phishing scam came up, and ended, for the most part, within 3 days of the scam post being taken down?

I suppose that if anybody ever does try to brute-force minecraft passwords (unlikely, human stupidity is more reliable than random chance) it could come in handy, but people are always gonna be falling for phishing scams no matter how secure their passwords are.

xtrapsp
    xtrapsp

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

there are bruting programs out there so stfu guys and alot of them are free >.> If you google it you'l find some. Stop pretending they don't exist. all you need is a secure password

change

letmein

to l3tm31n123
Posted Image << Blog which is about EVERYTHING

th3raven
    th3raven

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

Elite6809 said:

And just for you, because it seems you know absolutely nothing about how computers work, it doesn't 'know' the password. It's a completely random algorithm. It's your fault if you manage to get that password distrobuted, be it by a virus taking a screenshot (yes, they can and will do that) or otherwise.
The program doesn't 'know' it. It doesn't store it, remember it, send it, hit it across the head with a mallet, or anything. All it does is show it in a box, and let you copy and paste it. That's all.
Now, if you'll mind, get off this thread. Imageposts are against the rules and make you look like an idiot.

As someone that started coding in primary school and later went on to study computer science at uni, I can assure you I know a great deal about coding. It would be very simple for a program to upload the password it generates to a server.

Does having a random person on the internet tell you it won't distribute your password make it true? I personally don't believe your program will do that but you're basically telling people that are already bad at keeping their account secure to be worse at keeping their account secure by downloading random software that may or may not be malicious.

Can you really not see how posting this is a stupid thing to do? Is explaining how to make a secure password not a far better and easier thing to do? You tell me you want to keep this thread constructive, so please explain to me how everything I said is not 100% correct.

Elite6809

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

th3raven said:

Elite6809 said:

As someone that started coding in primary school and later went on to study computer science at uni, I can assure you I know a great deal about coding. It would be very simple for a program to upload the password it generates to a server.

Does having a random person on the internet tell you it won't distribute your password make it true? I personally don't believe your program will do that but you're basically telling people that are already bad at keeping their account secure to be worse at keeping their account secure by downloading random software that may or may not be malicious.

Can you really not see how posting this is a stupid thing to do? Is explaining how to make a secure password not a far better and easier thing to do? You tell me you want to keep this thread constructive, so please explain to me how everything I said is not 100% correct.

Everything you said is 100% correct. I, too, began reading C# books at around the age of eight or nine. I grant you that this program has no sockets or anything inside. If you are inclined to, run it through IL DASM (I presume you know how to) and mark my words.
This is for people who mainly think that passwords like "r4nd0m123" are safe. If you don't want to use it, don't.

05 Dec 2010 - Today

T3RROR
    T3RROR

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

th3raven said:

Your post pissed me off so much a registered just to respond. You dumb cunt you said you took CS, spend 30 seconds to check out if a tool that could help really people is legit before condemning it. I ran scans in anubis, VT, and decompiled it there's absolutely no virus or mischief going on.

The proof's in the pudding.
Anubis: http://pastie.org/1841592
VirusTotal: http://pastie.org/1841600
All Methods(decompiled): http://pastie.org/1841616