• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X][1.5.X][Forge] Torojima's ChocoCraft 3.0.3 - happiness distilled into avian form

chocobo riding taming breeding forge smp ssp 1.6.x 1.5.x

• Please log in to reply
2480 replies to this topic

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Minecraft: Torojima

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

View Postuncletravis, on 27 November 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

i just saw the straw flooring and i love it. including the water cauldron is such a great idea, especially since i was doing this anyway for looks. the only suggestion i have is that the floor healing is a pretty powerful effect and perhaps the recipe could use more wheat to increase the cost of free health for you mounts.
My first straw recipe had been nine blocks of wheat. But then, what's the point, wheat should be pretty abundant with a little bit of effort. With the current setting one of the top level Chocobos will need in average a game night to heal from virtually dead to full health. If this would be done with 50 or 500 wheat spend to build the facility is not very important, isn't it? But a 4 straw one wheat recipe is pretty simple ans straight forward...

View Postcivfan24, on 27 November 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

I appreciate you adding that.  

Someone upthread said you could change it to a stick.  Not sure about that, but maybe a stick with feathers on it like a "chocobo command stick."  Anyway I'm just happy as long as I have my follow/stay command item back, even if silk is just a placeholder until you get leashes or whatever working.  Thanks.

View PostBluObsidion, on 27 November 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

i did mention a stick with feathers on it o.o.. and he rejected it because it would be strange that your wacking a chocobo with a stick with feathers, and wacking it with some spider string isn't? XD

Some one needs to start making texture packs for this, like sphax, jolicraft dokucraft etc, so like realistic ones, cartoon ones, etc.

you try whacking somebody with a string :D

anyway, I'll add a leash one of these days. I think a leash is more fitting than a stick to make something stay where it is (without disabling it completely :D)
running minecraft on Mac OS X - Snowleopard --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

bankkun
    bankkun

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I want to you update "Chococraft for minecraft1.4.2"too.

Thank you.

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postbankkun, on 27 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

I want to you update "Chococraft for minecraft1.4.2"too.
Thank you.

Since the mod code has to be adapted to the respective current version of minecraft, and since I don't want to do the work multiple times for different old minecraft versions, there wont be any updates for old minecraft engines. I do understand there are a few people who want to play with old unsupported mods and need the old versions. Thus I'll keep the last working versions of every minecraft version available. Even if this supports all the nasty third party pages which insolently just copy paste my OP with a pay per click link to the chocobo zip ...
running minecraft on Mac OS X - Snowleopard --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!
Posted Image

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

He probably wants that version updated so he can use the latest updates with the FTB Modpack.

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostNeoDraconis, on 27 November 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

He probably wants that version updated so he can use the latest updates with the FTB Modpack.
I never got the point of all the modpack business ... Nothing but trouble. There's no better way than shove the mods into jar and mods folder oneself ... Imho even for somebody without extensive IT-expertise ...
Posted Image

NeoDraconis

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

The FTB Modpack is a nice quick installer, which allows you to add and remove mods through the launcher with minimal experience in installing mods.

Posted Image

Pablare
    Pablare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Minecraft: Pablare

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostNeoDraconis, on 27 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

The FTB Modpack is a nice quick installer, which allows you to add and remove mods through the launcher with minimal experience in installing mods.
yeah but still i think if you are capable of you magiclauncher or multimc you should rather do taht

edit: i wanted to click on you signature but it did nothing put a link on the banner
Posted Image

NeoDraconis

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostPablare, on 27 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

yeah but still i think if you are capable of you magiclauncher or multimc you should rather do taht

edit: i wanted to click on you signature but it did nothing put a link on the banner
Can not make it link to the mod in question without losing the option for a nice little saying above it.

Posted Image

Sepie99
    Sepie99

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Torojima do you know what the new texture is cause there is one i really like and also there is one that i really hate i like the one that is in the screenshots but do you know which one it is

PieLordMan

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey !
i made a mod spotlight for the newset version, can you please put it in the main page?

thanks anyway.

asonofashadow
  • Minecraft: asonofashadow

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

I've seen the links, thank you. I'll listen to them, but I doubt I will add them. Right now the Chococraft zip has a size of about 300 KB. After downloading the free Songs from OverClocked ReMix I just became aware of the size of just one song(1). With only one song added the size of the Chocobo download would be increased by a factor 10, only to add feature with no real functionality. I really appreciate your effort, but will not add any music features to Chococraft.

Understood on file size, but the music is such a big part of the chocobo. Perhaps could you make a chocobo disc? Another suggestion would be a config option that would turn enable a button that would be able to toggle chocobo music on or off while riding. When this option was on, it would point to a folder in the .minecraft/resources/music/ that would look for say choco.ogg.

Then users could use a chocobo track you recommend or their own by renaming it choco.ogg an putting it in the proper folder.

Pack bags are added since v.1.6.9, (mc 1.2.5). It had been disabled temporarily after the mc engine received an internal server in SSP, but is working again since v.2.1.3. There won't be any offensive feature other than a trample attack. I will keep the motif of the Chocobo similar to a horse like mount and not like an attack animal. I don't want Chococraft to be a substitute for wolves, but an original addition not yet available in minecraft.

COOOOl, well that is good I have it running with my 80 mods on 1.4.5 XD. I agree about the chocobo related attacks, they peck and trample that's about it. Even when you summon them as a spell, they either trample in a group or at the most a fat chocobo falls on the enemy.

The only recipe I could imagine would be some kind of fertiliser... and that's already available. And keeping the power of fertiliser in mind, I don't want to make fertiliser literally cheep as sh*t ... and on a second thought ... *yuck* Posted Image

Don't forget about adobe clay XD. You can make it by mixing mud, poo, sand and water. When you add the dung, it serves as a way to keep away insects. Fertilizer would be too over powered, but what about some sort of way to keep mobs at bay in your town. Just a random thought.

civfan24

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostTorojima, on 27 November 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

you try whacking somebody with a string Posted Image

anyway, I'll add a leash one of these days. I think a leash is more fitting than a stick to make something stay where it is (without disabling it completely Posted Image)

I guess I'm not picturing it as violently as you ;)  Like when riding a horse you tap it with a crop to tell it left or right.  It could look more like a torch- a short stick with feathers on the end, maybe with a rattle sound so it's like you're just.. shaking it.  

Is there a reason why you can't have working chocobos just stay/follow and naked ones wander/follow?  That would be a lot simpler, because there'd be just one item to control them (and a chocopedia as a special thing you don't have to use much.)  I think it's important to have whatever 'follow' item you decide upon be easy to obtain, so that when you find a chocobo in the wild and tame it you can tell him to come with you.  Grabbing a feather is easy but a sting might be less so.  I'm just trying to figure out a good item that someone could fashion in a pinch, while making some sense and staying with the spirit of the mod.

zatoichi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

where is that kweh.ogg supposed to be triggering? I can't get that sound to work at all in game, I have matmos installed though not sure if it just have problem with modded sound files. this is the only mod I have that does it this way, others usually just keep them in the package and work fine, this ogg is literally the only file I have in that dir from 40-50 mods that all may or may not have their own sounds as well.

.\minecraft\resources\mod\choco_kweh.ogg right? or am I doing it wrong
overzealous moderators incapable of thinking for themselves are more of a danger to any forum than anyone trying to abuse it.

PoloniumRadon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Just got around to testing the new version, and whatever was causing my previous config file problems is definitely fixed now. Thank you!

I love the bedding idea, by the way! I just added it to my chocobo stables.
So far it has yet to actually heal anything, so I'm not sure how it works, but it looks good!
Posted Image
Superpop is so underground, he lives with a Diglett!

BluObsidion
  • Minecraft: BluObsidionNinja

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostPieLordMan, on 27 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hey !
i made a mod spotlight for the newset version, can you please put it in the main page?

thanks anyway.
gysal is pronounced gi-ash-le (i think)
also probably redo, and you missed some features i think, i dont think purple ones swim in water, but they swim in lava also the gold gysahl makes gold chocobos, not makes rare chocobos appear, also i think white ones can fly, purple ones fly aswell. im not 100% sure, i havnt used this mod much in the new versions so yeh.
I'm not a real doctor, but i am a real wolff! A chocobo loving wolff!
Posted Image Please help my dragons!

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostNeoDraconis, on 27 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

There is a saying:

Give a man a Fish and he can eat one day,
Learn him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime...

The modpacks are the Fish for one day. And learning how to install a mod is pretty simple. If a player has a problem with the installation of a mod in a modpack he/she will be dependant on the creators of said modpack. If they know how to install the stuff themselves they won't have that problem...

Anyway, everybody to their liking :)

View PostSepie99, on 27 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Torojima do you know what the new texture is cause there is one i really like and also there is one that i really hate i like the one that is in the screenshots but do you know which one it is
Since this mod has only one official texture and I give only moral support to all other texture creators, I have no idea, sorry ...

I think I have forgotten to link the last one in the OP, could I please have the link again to make it up? Thanks :)
Posted Image

BluObsidion
  • Minecraft: BluObsidionNinja

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Might make a mod spotlight for this when i get a better program for making videos, should i do it, bear grylls style or just normal?
I'm not a real doctor, but i am a real wolff! A chocobo loving wolff!
Posted Image Please help my dragons!

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostPieLordMan, on 27 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hey !

thanks anyway.

ok ... first of all, thank you for making that video!
But BluObsidion is completely right (you guys know me better and better :D)...

- I somewhat like your pace, but I would like it more if you would have made a little story board before starting, it's obvious you have just given the talk from memory.

- The slime killing and setup change is distracting the audience from the topic, which could have been prevented if you would have used a normal world. Using a normal world would also have been a far nicer background than the flat world. And after all this should be a showcase for the Chocobos, not only a viewing container ...

- the purples doesn't swim well. All Chocobos can swim, the blue one just does it very well and can dive) on a sidenote, I have to check if the Chicobos will float too ... different story, made a mental note :D

- I don't know if Farm is an appropriate name, I doubt one would call a Horse-Ranch a Horse-Farm? And the Chocobos are not breed for processing... anyway, that's only a minor and rather irrelevant glitch.

- Pack bags do go on *unsaddled* Chocobos. In the OP description in the chapter "What happens when a Chocobo is tamed?" there is one bullet "the Chocobo can be saddled using a Chocobo Saddle." and another bullet "can be equipped with a transport pack." Next the chapter "What happens when a Chocobo is saddled?" has a bullet "can be equipted with saddle bags by left-clicking with one". This should make it very obvious that either a saddle
*or* a pack-back can go onto a Chocobo back...

- I somehow missed the fact the yellow Chocobos can be found in the wild.

- I missed the hole breeding process.

- loverly gysahls and golden gysahls are used for breeding, using the golden on both parents will give a higher chance of a mutation into another colour type, the golden Chocobos can only breed by using golden gysahls and pink and red are not breed, but acquired differently. The purple ones are not breed from the others as well, but later on will be found in the nether (this feature is not yet in action). All this is documented in the OP.

- The pack and saddle bags are accessed by shift-right-click. I know that's not very intuitive, but the only way to work with mounting and accessing saddle bags. *And it is documented in the OP!!!*

- If you put your Chocobo to option "stay" in the Chocopedia and then comment the "follow" feature is not working, that's close to defamation (sorry, harsh word, I suppose it's just showing a lack of attention...)

So in conclusion, I would wish a video reviewer would put in the effort to a) read the OP and B) make a concept before starting to film a video review. Also I would like it if the review would be made in (peaceful if not possible otherwise) survival and in a somewhat more comely landscape. With the switch between survival and creative in game there is no problem to acquire the needed items beforehand even without the need of any invedit mods (tho I would not start without them :D). If there is a feature that does not work without any comment of me in the OP or the last few posts, please check if it really is not working be re-reading the OP and checking back with me. I know, checking back with me will take some time, since I tend to sleep at night and can't answer messages right away while doing so ;) but I try to come back to you guys asap.

I do like (even if it hurts to watch and only for documentary reasons) the kill of the purple Chocobo. It shows a) how tough they are and B) the Chocobo-Leg drop. I would have liked it more (still for documentary reasons) if it would have been a golden one, since they are available by breeding.
Posted Image

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

View Postasonofashadow, on 27 November 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Understood on file size, but the music is such a big part of the chocobo. Perhaps could you make a chocobo disc? Another suggestion would be a config option that would turn enable a button that would be able to toggle chocobo music on or off while riding. When this option was on, it would point to a folder in the .minecraft/resources/music/ that would look for say choco.ogg.

Then users could use a chocobo track you recommend or their own by renaming it choco.ogg an putting it in the proper folder.

COOOOl, well that is good I have it running with my 80 mods on 1.4.5 XD. I agree about the chocobo related attacks, they peck and trample that's about it. Even when you summon them as a spell, they either trample in a group or at the most a fat chocobo falls on the enemy.

Don't forget about adobe clay XD. You can make it by mixing mud, poo, sand and water. When you add the dung, it serves as a way to keep away insects. Fertilizer would be too over powered, but what about some sort of way to keep mobs at bay in your town. Just a random thought.

I don't oppose the music idea as such, I'm very impressed by your work, but I won't increase the download size of the mod this much only for a minor FF related feature without any relation to minecraft itself. I could add a feature where the player could put a path-name in the resource folder into the config file and add any music. That I like and can be done, thanks for this idea :)

I still don't like the Chocobo guano idea :)

View Postcivfan24, on 27 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I guess I'm not picturing it as violently as you ;)
I know I have a very warped fantasy ;)

View Postcivfan24, on 27 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Is there a reason why you can't have working chocobos just stay/follow and naked ones wander/follow?

follow/stay and follow/wander/stay right now for all is pretty simple, isn't it? covers a) just two important for pack/riding animals B) all others... as you can see in one of my above posts, the players have difficulties to shift-right-click, so a different setting for different equipped Chocobos could be even more confusing ...

View Postzatoichi, on 28 November 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

where is that kweh.ogg supposed to be triggering? I can't get that sound to work at all in game, I have matmos installed though not sure if it just have problem with modded sound files. this is the only mod I have that does it this way, others usually just keep them in the package and work fine, this ogg is literally the only file I have in that dir from 40-50 mods that all may or may not have their own sounds as well.

.\minecraft\resources\mod\choco_kweh.ogg right? or am I doing it wrong

the kweh is radom in game and it should go into "minecraft/resources/mod/" that's correct. I have a revisit of the sound include in my todo list...

View PostPoloniumRadon, on 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Just got around to testing the new version, and whatever was causing my previous config file problems is definitely fixed now. Thank you!

I love the bedding idea, by the way! I just added it to my chocobo stables.
So far it has yet to actually heal anything, so I'm not sure how it works, but it looks good!

good to hear some positive feedbacks :D

Edit: now, that came out wrong :D good to hear you having fun with the mod :D

View PostBluObsidion, on 28 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Might make a mod spotlight for this when i get a better program for making videos, should i do it, bear grylls style or just normal?
looking forward to see your videos :) I would prefer the normal style, since it's what most people will experience...

don't get me wrong guys, I do appreciate every effort somebody is putting into this and all critic is supposed to be constructive!
Posted Image

minecraftpros03
  • Minecraft: kimi333444

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

cool mod