• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X][1.5.X][Forge] Torojima's ChocoCraft 3.0.3 - happiness distilled into avian form

chocobo riding taming breeding forge smp ssp 1.6.x 1.5.x

• Please log in to reply
2480 replies to this topic

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Minecraft: Torojima

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
banner made by galindorf

UPDATED FOR MINECRAFT 1.6.X and 1.5.X

Version 3.0.3 for mc1.6.X
Requires: Forge 9.11.0.884+
Tested with: Forge 9.11.1.916

Version 2.8.9 for mc1.5.X
Requires: Forge 7.8.0.684+
Tested with: Forge 7.8.1.737

This Mod is the continuation of EddieV's mod. The original thread can be found here. I've officially taken over the helm with Eddie's kind blessings. As of version 3.0.1 Micdoodle has joined the developer team.

This mod adds a mob called Chocobo to the game. This includes different coloured mob types with different attributes in their grown-up and juvenile form.

The most basic type can be found in the wild and can be tamed by using "Gysahl Greens" on them. Gysahl Greens is a plant found in the wild, but also can be planted by sowing Gysahl Seeds. Gysahl Seeds can be received by crafting from Gysahl Greens or by harvesting planted Gysahl Greens.

Chocobos can be breed and procreate. The offspring will be a Chicobo, the juvenile form of a Chocobo. After a while a Chicobo will grow into a Chocobo. Chicobos will be born wild and have to be tamed. Chicobos will inherit the type from one of their parents or mutate into new types. Thus by repeatedly breeding Chocobos all normal types of Chocobos can be acquired from tamed wild Chocobos. There are a few special Chocobo types though, which can only be acquired by special means.

As of version 2.0.4 this mod is in working condition for SMP.

ACHTUNG! CAUTION! ¡CUIDADO! चेतावनी! ATTENZIONE! береги́сь!
This version of Chococraft is not compatible to versions pre 2.0.0 (pre mc 1.3.2). It will destroy your saved world if old Chocobos are included. Thus, if you want to use an old world with the new version of this mod, you should first start minecraft without the Chococraft mod, enter and save your world, thus removing all traces of older versions of Chococraft and only then start minecraft with the new version of Chococraft and tame new Chocobos.

This version of Chococraft will remove all Chocobos from worlds pre 2.8.5.  Items in the Chocobo saddlebag and packbag inventories will be lost. ChocoCraft items stored in normal chests or player inventories are not affected.

At the moment a hit on the left shift-key will dismount the player from the Chocobo. While the former dismount by right click on the Chocobo is not working. This will be reverted to the old behaviour as soon as we find a solution to this issue

Downloads:
Torojimas ChocoCraft 3.0.3 for minecraft 1.6.4
Torojimas ChocoCraft 2.8.9 for minecraft 1.5.2

Posted Image

Donate on Flattr

Follow @Torojima on Twitter.
Follow @micdoodle8 on Twitter.

Downloads so far: Posted Image

crackedEggs parachute mod:
Spoiler:

Old versions:
Spoiler:

VIDEOS:
Spoiler:

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

Chocobos and their behaviour:
Spoiler:

Items and Blocks:
Spoiler:
19. Posted Image Purple Chocobo Egg - Produced by breeding purple male and female Chocobo.[/spoiler]

Recipes:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Known Issues and Bugs:
Spoiler:

Config Files:
Spoiler:

Current default Id's:
Spoiler:

Ideas for Future Development:
Spoiler:

How to Install:
Spoiler:

How to Install server version:
Spoiler:

compatible mods:
Spoiler:

incompatible mods:
Spoiler:

Acknowledgments:
Spoiler:

Modpacks:
Spoiler:

Banner/Sig:
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1119809-124-eddievs-chococraft-150u-torojimas-unofficial-update/"][img]http://www.arno-saxena.de/pictures/chococraft/banner_signature.png[/img][/url]

Copyright:
Spoiler:

Check out my other mod:
Posted Image
running minecraft on Mac OS X - Snowleopard --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

LordOfCats
  • Minecraft: CatsCanFlyToo

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'm going to be mean and start off this topic with an error report. Here it is:

Mods loaded: 2
ModLoader 1.2.3
mod_TooManyItems 1.2.2/1.2.3 2012-03-03

Minecraft has crashed!   
  ----------------------   

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT dc241112 --------
Generated 25/03/12 12:30 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.3
Java: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics Family version 3.0.0 - Build 8.15.10.2321, Intel

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mod_chocobo, method: takenFromFurnace signature: (Lyw;Laan;)V) Incompatible argument to function
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1720)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:292)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1283)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:886)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at aho.<init>(aho.java:79)
    at aho.<clinit>(aho.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:267)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:650)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 86b6d836 ----------

I do have modloader and audiomod installed and no matter what I do this error pops up.

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostLordOfCats, on 25 March 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I'm going to be mean and start off this topic with an error report. Here it is:

ModLoader 1.2.3

you got the wrong ModLoader ... this mod is for 1.2.4
running minecraft on Mac OS X - Snowleopard --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!
Posted Image

TheThirdNexus
  • Minecraft: Elite_dragon
  • Xbox:XD FR3AK0UT XD

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

How do i acquire pink and red ghysals?
I am the Third Nexus, more superior than the first and more advanced than the second!

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostTheThirdNexus, on 25 March 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

How do i acquire pink and red ghysals?
Since Eddie has mad a bit of a mystery of the creation of pinks and reds, I'll keep it that way and have the player discover this on his/her own :)
Posted Image

Bookahbelle

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

So I have downloaded it and gotten it working just fine (as I have greens all over the place) but I can't seem to find any Chocobos.  Is there a certain biome they spawn in or are the simply really rare?  Does the mod need custom mob spawner or anything?  I think to actually have the chocobos it would need custom mob spawner like Mo' Creatures uses.

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostBookahbelle, on 25 March 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

So I have downloaded it and gotten it working just fine (as I have greens all over the place) but I can't seem to find any Chocobos.  Is there a certain biome they spawn in or are the simply really rare?  Does the mod need custom mob spawner or anything?  I think to actually have the chocobos it would need custom mob spawner like Mo' Creatures uses.

They are spawning in all biomes (editable in the config file named chocobo_config.txt) without the custom-mob-spawner. You can increase the spawning rate by a entry in the config file too ...
Posted Image

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

There has been a bug in the texture change routine. I have no idea how it could have worked before, because the colour abilities of a Chocobo have been set before the colour itself. The same bug was causing the Chocobos to not change texture when tamed or saddled. It has been fixed with a new version available in the first post (1.5.1u).
Posted Image

aspade01
  • Minecraft: aspade_01

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Nice, you took my advice.

XDaAznX
    XDaAznX

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Minecraft: XtremelyNooby

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

First. Drat.
Congrats on the FIRST Final Fantasy mod

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

View Postaspade01, on 25 March 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Nice, you took my advice.
jep, with EddieV disappeared now for over a month and two mc engine updates I thought it might be time to have a proper title and first post ...

---

I still have issues with Chocobos re-spawning in old chunks ... I think I'll check/ask how the other modders handle spawning ... Also as soon as cms is updated I'll check if this could be a solution to this problem. Even if it would not be my first choice, I would rather keep the list of prerequisites as small as possible ...
Posted Image

VailOfHail
  • Minecraft: VailOfHail

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Woo! Go Torojima! Your the man with the plan!

VailOfHail

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

I tried to change the spawn rate but when I open the Config I get a bunch of unknown symbols and I can't find max_chocobos=50 on there, but I do find like SpawnMaxGroup but no numbers :/

uncletravis
  • Minecraft: uncletravis

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

you still planing on using the new models?
Posted Image

Cybermario

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

View Postuncletravis, on 26 March 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

If you do use the new models remember to keep the moa like chocobos as teens, at least give the users the choice to select the model they want.
Posted Image

Torojima
    Torojima

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostVailOfHail, on 26 March 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

I tried to change the spawn rate but when I open the Config I get a bunch of unknown symbols and I can't find max_chocobos=50 on there, but I do find like SpawnMaxGroup but no numbers :/
??? hm? unknown symbols? could you send me your config file?

View Postuncletravis, on 26 March 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

I've got the model file, the java with the positions and the skin png. It's on my agenda :) But first I want to tackle the spawning issue...

View PostCybermario, on 26 March 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

If you do use the new models remember to keep the moa like chocobos as teens, at least give the users the choice to select the model they want.
I was planing to have it selectable by the config file.
Posted Image

ImJustSomeDude
  • Minecraft: AwesomeSwampy

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Wow, this seems really cool!
Posted Image

Bookahbelle

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostTorojima, on 25 March 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

They are spawning in all biomes (editable in the config file named chocobo_config.txt) without the custom-mob-spawner. You can increase the spawning rate by a entry in the config file too ...

So I tried changing the numbers around in the config file and still cannot find a single chocobo.  I know that the first number is the spawn probability and I tried putting it all the way up to like 99.  Tried different variations of large numbers and small ones for the min/max group.  Can you give me an example of what the numbers would need to be to have a more common spawn rate?  The numbers I have that I can edit are:

chocoboSpawnItemWeight = 99
chocoboSpawnMinGroupCount = 5
chocoboSpawnMaxGroupCount = 50

What numbers should I try?

NightSpawn

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

nice.. been waiting for this.. although i hope the original author comes back soon though. i mean its good if its updated. but its better if there's something new afterall :)

i give you :Diamond: nonetheless
Posted Image

VailOfHail

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

This is what my config looks like

Spoiler:

Oh and BTW I'm using MagicLauncher so I don't put the files in my Minecraft.jar maybe be thats what the problem is.