Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Bending mod

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

FreakAboutSims
  • Minecraft: FreakAboutSims

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

A quick show of hands. How many here watched the Nickelodeon animated program Avatar the Last Airbender (Avatar the Legend of Aang outside of the United States) and/or the most recent series The Legend of Korra?

I've been curious as to rather or not bending could be added to Minecraft. I noticed that there is a similar mod out there called Wizardcraft where one crafts staffs to use elemental magic, but this isn't exactly like bending. I'd imagine bending would have more limitations. Like when starting a new game, you'd get a menu that asks you if you wish to be a Waterbender, Firebender, Earthbender, Airbender, Avatar, Non-bender, or Random.

I also imagine there be a "Chi" bar that depletes whenever you do a bending move. This is probably the same as Wizardcraft's "Mana" bar. I have no idea how martial arts could be added to the game if it's even possible, but maybe just simple animation like what the Smart Moving mod adds. I also like to think that the in game level bar would be attached to the "Chi" bar in that if you're level 50, you'd have more chi to use to do such bending moves.

I also figured that bending could be both a nuisance and a blessing.

Firebenders could probably just shoot fire at a furnace to fuel it and don't require flint and steel.
Earthbenders would probably be good at building quick shelters.
Waterbenders would most likely not need the use of buckets.
Airbenders would not need the speed potion to go quick and fall gently down if they jump too high.
Avatars would be the ultimate cheat.
Non-benders would basically be the default game.
Random is random.

Anyway, I'm just curious if such a mod could actually be possible or not. I'm not getting my hopes up since I figured this is beyond impossible.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

stefonzo
    stefonzo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

Seems cool.

rutger438

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm a minecraft modder, I'm not really good and i dont think i can do this alone but i would love to help. I am a VERRY big fan of avatar The last air bender and The legend of Korra. So i'd love to be a part of this. my skype name is on my profile just add me and we can talk :D.

Pyro1997
  • Minecraft: pyro1997

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

I too would like this!
I know the motions:
Air is quick and fluid motions,
Water is Slow and fluid motions,
Earth is Slow and abrupt motions,
Fire is Fast and abrupt.
they are cool, and I think things like eating certain Foods or teas would limitedly restore your Chi.
Posted Image
I am a mod tester, a test modder, a texture renderer, and a rendering texture. I am Pyro.

SiegeOfMoon

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

massive fan of avatar <3 I'm new to modding, but i can udnerstand the coding, plus my brother is qutie familiar with coding and hes teaching me. In a few weeks to a few months i can be modding, but for now, i can still be a great use, i can do textures and such. I also have some ideas we could use :D add me on skype (siegeofmoon)

FreakAboutSims

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

I wasn't expecting much interest in this idea. Nice to know there are other fans on here.
Posted Image

SiegeOfMoon

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Where shall we start? xD

qwery123844
  • Minecraft: qwery123844

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

i have some ideas on the bending it self, earth basically able to lift and manipulate solid block (weak ones), fire, well, fire, water having a very tricky form of water manipulation, and air, clueless

Philosophical
  • Minecraft: ToxicDoses
  • Xbox:Meet the Crit

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Whoa momma
EH

Chrono2
    Chrono2

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: 22chrono22

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

This is possible. There's already something like a firebending mod out there, called Particle Man.

Of course, if you wanted to take it a step further you could use this mod

Sadly there are apparently no mods for any other forms of bending. I dabble in Lua and HTML, so one day I might be able to do this myself, but for now, I'll leave it to someone with more experience.

FreakAboutSims

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostChrono2, on 23 April 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

This is possible. There's already something like a firebending mod out there, called Particle Man.

Of course, if you wanted to take it a step further you could use this mod

Those mods are pretty cool, but is it really possible to have something like the particle man except with open hands (nothing in inventory)?

Also, I've been thinking on starting a new build project that I could perhaps make into a server. If anyone is interested.
Posted Image
It's the pro-bending arena from The Legend of Korra.
Posted Image

XLawless BaronX
  • Minecraft: XLawlessBaronX
  • Xbox:XLawless BaronX

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

This would be a rather cool to have in the game, would be able to have some nice features with this

DerpyDerpp

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Suggestion: As well as the amount of Chi available increasing with your in-game level, also increase the power of the bending.

Example: An earth-bender can only levitate weak blocks, such as dirt and sand, at a low level. However once a player reaches a certain level they can levitate much stronger blocks such as obsidian, (or maybe just ore blocks to sort of tie in with metal-bending).

Posted Image

AN AWESOME TEXTURE PACK BY THE CREATOR OF SUMMERFIELDS !

Kings1998

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I Think this is a great idea. Please keep me updated and let me know if i can help. Im not good at modding though but ill help test

FreakAboutSims

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostDerpyDerpp, on 24 April 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Suggestion: As well as the amount of Chi available increasing with your in-game level, also increase the power of the bending.

Example: An earth-bender can only levitate weak blocks, such as dirt and sand, at a low level. However once a player reaches a certain level they can levitate much stronger blocks such as obsidian, (or maybe just ore blocks to sort of tie in with metal-bending).

Nice idea. Kind of like that.

EDIT: If anyone wishes to discuss this project further. I have a new forum and made a thread specifically for such a project.
Posted Image

dragon rider 123
  • Minecraft: cman1997883

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

thats sounds like a good idea i can help by makeing desince

SuperSoccerman9

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postqwery123844, on 15 April 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

i have some ideas on the bending it self, earth basically able to lift and manipulate solid block (weak ones), fire, well, fire, water having a very tricky form of water manipulation, and air, clueless
I agree with everyone but especially this. also we should make the last airbender or legend of korra map on a server it would be coll i have a server but it is hamachi reply if possible.

M_Wolf555
  • Minecraft: M_Wolf555

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

I can make crafting recipies for the items you need to bend the elements... I'll get them up in a sec.

~The Crimson Shadow~

M_Wolf555
  • Minecraft: M_Wolf555

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/Air.pngfile:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/Air.pngIf I couldhave e-mail, I'll send you my crafting recipies for the staffs to bend the elements

View PostM_Wolf555, on 05 July 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/Air.pngfile:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/Air.pngIf I couldhave e-mail, I'll send you my crafting recipies for the staffs to bend the elements

Please ignore the link >_>

~The Crimson Shadow~