• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

minecraft crashes when i try to open my texture packs folder.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

h0n3k0n3k0
  • Minecraft: honekoneko

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

i am playing with a fresh minecraft and .minecraft folder. i have no mods installed. every time i try to open my texture packs folder in game, it crashes.
any ideas?

Register or log in to remove.

Treetop1
    Treetop1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

I don't know how to fix it, but I am having the same exact issue. Plus, I'm having horrid crashes regardless of the texture pack button. Can't play longer than two minutes before meltdowns on a fresh jar.

h0n3k0n3k0
  • Minecraft: honekoneko

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

yes, i still haven't solved it either! i can use mcpatcher to put on texture packs but i can't open the folder. and i don't get a crash report, it just freezes and i usually have to ctrl+alt+del......

Geotan
    Geotan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Minecraft: Geotan

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'VE FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM! It's between Minecraft and your GRAPHICS CARD/DRIVERS! I tried it with Intel HD Graphics (or whatever it's called) (my default is Nvidia) and it worked! MOJANG: FIX YOUR GAME!

Posted Image

mkdamjance

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

i have few mods like ic2 bc2 etc,but when i put texturepack my minecraft freezes and crashes when i open it i cant i must move/delete texturepack in texturepacks folder it will work :( does anyone know how to fix this?

ColaBoy42
  • Minecraft: ColaBoy42

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Same problem, whenever I go into textures and choose a new one or click to open the texture folder MC freeze-crashes. I have to end the task to get out of it. I also have Nvidia drivers.

This is a bug on MC's side of things, not Nvidia's.

Phazonaddict

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

oh my... that's right... it is the drivers...

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

The texture pack button not working has been a known issue for awhile.

velociraptor24
  • Minecraft: velociraptor24
  • Xbox:utahraptor24

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Ya same here, it's probaly Mojangs horrible mistakes, like hs_err_pid, it doesn't have to do with you.  Posted Image
NO SIG!

Stormfire22

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

same prob for me, i downloaded a texture pack and then i went in to the folder to change it, i clicked on it and the screen went blank and then two seconds later it becomes a black scree. Anyone know how to fix it?

shaizo
    shaizo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

What are your computers specs?

Stormfire22

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

i dunno, im not  like a computer expert but i know i have 64 bit Java and my computer is a HP ProBook and i have window 7.

freddyJkruger3
  • Minecraft: freddyJkruger

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostGeotan, on 16 April 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I'VE FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM! It's between Minecraft and your GRAPHICS CARD/DRIVERS! I tried it with Intel HD Graphics (or whatever it's called) (my default is Nvidia) and it worked! MOJANG: FIX YOUR GAME!
No one decided to read this, and kept posting "Oh, same for me, what is the problem?" Pay attention people!
Ponies. Ponies Everywhere.
Everypony is awesome!