• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[12w50a] The BetterCraft Pack: MineVita, Cubii, and Solidus!

12w50a rpg simple twopacks

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: The part you click buttons to tell me stuff in (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate the pack?

1. 5: Excellent (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. 4: Good (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. 3: Mediocre (3 votes [25.00%])

4. 2: OK (3 votes [25.00%])

5. 1: Rubbish (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Didn't download, is interested though (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Didn't download, not interested (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Tehninjah
  • Location: In your stongholds, disguised as a zombie. Clever me.
  • Minecraft: Tehninjah99

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image

Greetings fellow Minecraftians!

I present you a pack of subtle glory strangeness I like to call BetterCraft. It's a pack with four texture packs- two majorly major and two minor. and a whole new font and language fix. And changes to the ending.

MineVita is an RPG-ish pack. It keeps the style of Default but redoes all the textures and shines up others.

Cubii, however, is a sort of oCd rival: everything is simpler. However, there's no square-only rule: gradients,

Go watch an old video of Cubii by my friend, MatthanicHD!

Screenshots below!

Spoiler:

Solidus is a language and non-code mod thing. It's nothing too important, but it gets rid of little annoyances.

Font (for lack of name yet) is a font, because that's not hinted to in the title, is it? It's a little blockier than default. It's included in Cubii and MineVita if you use MCPatcher's HD Fonts and in a .zip if you don't.

Posted Image

If this download don't work, look at the changelog for direct downloads!

Some statistics, progress bar, and stuff:

Spoiler:

Installation:
Spoiler:

As well as that, I'd like to present a little FAQ:

Who made this?
Hm... Tehninjah. That is, me. Also, Mojang made the original textures! Obviously Posted Image Cubii is entirely by me, including the ores. Thanks to Allison3 for some ore design!

Note that if you're reading this on a site that isn't tehninjah.tumblr.com or the Minecraft forums then this is a duplicate and you should report it. If you are on these sites, then ignore this sentence. If any site hosting this doesn't have these exact words on it's a fake.

Can I request something?
Mods? Yes, that's good to have mod support. A certain tweak? Maybe, it depends what it is. Just PM me with your request and I'll see if I can.

When do you update the pack?
Every snapshot and update, and whenever there's a gap in snapshots, whenever I feel there's enough new stuff. Of course, I'm mortal, so if there's delay then it's either a problem or I'm away.

Also, speaking of updates, if you want the pack to be guaranteed to work then make sure you use the version in the title. Of course, if it says 1.4.2, say, you can use 1.4.1, say. Use common judgement Posted Image

Any legal notes?

Here is a general rule: use it in content (video, picture) and credit, and that's fine. Don't reupload or use content (PM me if you want permission).

News

Christmasish update!

Changelog

Spoiler:

Thanks for visiting, and diamonds FIREWORKS to you! Diamonds are overrated Posted Image

Remember to leave a comment FIREWORK!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Iceeman234

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't really see anything "Better" about it. To be honest, it kinda looks worse.

Tehninjah

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostIceeman234, on 24 March 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

I don't really see anything "Better" about it. To be honest, it kinda looks worse.

Any ideas? Anything in particular? Please elaborate =P

To all:
Any criticism is good, unless it's U FAIL LUL or trolling, thanks!

Posted Image

Iceeman234

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well the ores, they could be better in my opinion. They just look, off, from the pack. I liked how the iron bars had sideways bars in between
them, it made them look better. Also, the windows, I appreciate no lines in the center of the windows, but you should add more, better looking frame, since the white around the windows have been done to death already.

Hope_of_MC
  • Minecraft: Hope_of_MC

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

I slightly agree with Iceeman234. In my opinion, I'm not a huge fan of the retro-looking ores. I don't HATE them, and I also think you did a good job making the ores, but I don't think they look much better than the original Minecraft ores. Other than what I see in the screenshots, I appreciate the details you improved on.

Also, do you think you can show more things like the nether, armor, mobs, other GUI, etc.? I would love to see more screenshots. :)
Anyways, great job on the pack!
Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for the criticism! I'll take it in with a new update around today, and then I'll do some nether and mobs (@Hope_of_MC, that's why, I haven't done them =P). Then the armour is on the list, then possibly the simple pack, an rpg pack and everything on the list on the poll, along with a nostalgic pack too. Oh, and the ores will be a bit squarer. Thanks!

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Aand it's done! 1.2.4_1 was a bit late (busy week, but completely holiday the next two, expect _2), and a bit contentless, but here I go;

-added dagger to replace shears
-fancy windows
-original iron bars
-less retro ores
-lots of item recouloring to add some... intensity

Get it from above in the OP, as usual. Dabbling with mods aswell, so expect a basic mod soon with tweaks!

Posted Image

Hope_of_MC
  • Minecraft: Hope_of_MC

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

great job! I also really like the small details you made to actually improve the blocks (and I feel much better about the ores now) This should get so many more views and downloads because it keeps the original Minecraft feel, but adds diversity and newness to it, which I'm sure a lot of people would like...

Anyways, cant wait to see this texture pack get developed more!
Posted Image

Wolflover176
  • Minecraft: lovergirl176

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

cool!buuutttt its blocked for me Posted Image

requesting acess:D

Wolflover176

AgentFedoraOfFP
  • Minecraft: Agent_Fedora

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

There's already about a thousand of these "improved default" packs. It isn't fixing anything, it isn't improving anything, it's just a sidestep and a lazy excuse to not make an entire pack.
Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostHope_of_MC, on 28 March 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

great job! I also really like the small details you made to actually improve the blocks (and I feel much better about the ores now) This should get so many more views and downloads because it keeps the original Minecraft feel, but adds diversity and newness to it, which I'm sure a lot of people would like...

Anyways, cant wait to see this texture pack get developed more!
Thanks!

View PostAgentFedoraOfFP, on 29 March 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

There's already about a thousand of these "improved default" packs. It isn't fixing anything, it isn't improving anything, it's just a sidestep and a lazy excuse to not make an entire pack.

It's not an excuse, it's my way of keeping the style and improving textures. I'm not lazy, just time-short. If you don't like it, then ok :P

Anyway, update 1.2.4_2 is out! I'll update the OP now!

Posted Image

hugheskolton

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Keep at it, I see potential. But if I were you, to get away from the mass of other 'improved minecraft' texture packs, you should make each texture over again, while keeping it looking close the the original minecraft. Also side note: the ores look slightly out of place with everything else. Keep working on texturing and I'm sure this pack can do great things.

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

View Posthugheskolton, on 29 March 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Keep at it, I see potential. But if I were you, to get away from the mass of other 'improved minecraft' texture packs, you should make each texture over again, while keeping it looking close the the original minecraft. Also side note: the ores look slightly out of place with everything else. Keep working on texturing and I'm sure this pack can do great things.
Thanks! Actually I've decided to do some textures over and remake (and rename) this, but only when I've at least done half of terrain.png.

Moonlight Whispers sound good?

EDIT: nope, tried and failed. Learning MCP possibly (if it works, dagnabbit) now, to null the effect of cannot-make-new-texture skills.

However, I will rework some mobs and items, because they're easier.

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Aaand update to v3! Supports 1.2.5 and also looks fancier.

And soon I can parody a Hindu phrase!

Now I am become mod, destroyer of being vanilla.

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

1.2.5_4 is done, bringing a panoramicier main menu and stuff like that. 104 downloads for bettercraft so far! :D

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Updated with newness! Works on the new book update, and actually adds some language things on pirate/canada/england. Also, shinier book (slightly) and unfortunately, I had to reset my redstone world sue to the new commands, so this means new images soon! And don't forget the mod.

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Added something!

I mean cubii, a simple pack.

Please comment, even if it's just 'Nice!'!

Posted Image

sir_gwain
  • Minecraft: sir_gwain

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

wow you'vs gotta be the fastest updater ever already 1.2.6 before its even out!...

anyway nice pack.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

View Postsir_gwain, on 03 May 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

wow you'vs gotta be the fastest updater ever already 1.2.6 before its even out!...

anyway nice pack.
Thanks! I know, I'm rubbish at versions: I mistake snapshots for versions again. Fixed, and added a logo finally.

Posted Image

Tehninjah

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

New update worth mentioning! I added animation. Ani-freaking-mation. MCPatcher required, of course1 :P

Posted Image