• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft server failed to bind to port.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Dafuryzea

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hello. My server apparently can't bind to port. Here is the error I'm getting:

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.4
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

So yeah. It can't bind to the port because it thinks a server is already running. I know that this can mean that i have either a server running, or didn't port forward. But this can't be the problem because on my father's PC it works just fine. Same router, same port, his one works and mine doesn't ( We're not running the server at the same time, so no 'if you're trying both at once, ofcourse a server would already be running >_>' ).

Can someone help me with this? I have done the following things already:

1. Port forward. I have checked it, it's still there with the right port.

2. Reinstalled Java many times.

3. Tried Hamachi, but to no avail.

4. Used a port checker. The port is open.

5. Remove the IP from server-ip in my properties folder. It doesn't work with any IP, and not without IP either.

So please, if you can help me, post a reply :D. I really don't know what to do anymore, I have been running the server for many months without any of these problems.

- Dafuryzea

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts
  • Minecraft: Lord_Ralex

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Use the internal IP as the server's IP, have it limit the binding IP range down to the one it really cares about. And it does sound like you have a ghost server running, aka a server that you did not have stopped or it did not stop using the port. Restarting the computers that have tried hosting should remove them.

The binding means a server is already listening to that port, not related to port-forwarding.

MCF Admin for Servers and Mapping and Modding

Posted Image

Dafuryzea

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the fast reply, but what you said is what i have done already. I have restarted the server and my pc multiple times. I went into task manager and there were no javaw or java processes running, so no ghost servers. I put 2 pc's right beside eachother, installed the exact same java, put the java paths to the same place on both pc's ( Both have the same OS ). Still, mine doesn't work but on the other it does.

Do you know any other possible solutions?

Posted Image

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostDafuryzea, on 24 March 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the fast reply, but what you said is what i have done already. I have restarted the server and my pc multiple times. I went into task manager and there were no javaw or java processes running, so no ghost servers. I put 2 pc's right beside eachother, installed the exact same java, put the java paths to the same place on both pc's ( Both have the same OS ). Still, mine doesn't work but on the other it does.

Do you know any other possible solutions?

What order are you testing them? The error is because the port is in use. IIRC, you can see what programs are using what port on a computer. Your error is because the port is in use by something, so it cannot bind to it.

Posted Image

Dafuryzea

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

First I test mine. It doesn't work, so i close the server. Look for processes, all java related are closed. Then the other PC, run the server and it works fine. I close the server on it, also check processes, all java related are closed. Then back to mine, and it still doesn't work. This is really weird and not a single solution i could find on google worked for me.

Posted Image

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Okay, open your start menu for Windows, type resource monitor. You will look for a program like this:
Posted Image

Click "Network" at the top, then "TCP Connections", so you will see this:
Posted Image

Search that for anything using port 25565.

Posted Image

Dafuryzea

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Looked with that program. The only used ports are 80, 443, 49226, 49255.

So basically nothing wrong with the port, still the server is refusing to work. It's just weird that after a couple of months, where i DID NOT change anything, it just stopped working.

Posted Image

Lord_Ralex
    Lord_Ralex

Typoing Absolmin

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 5807 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostDafuryzea, on 24 March 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Looked with that program. The only used ports are 80, 443, 49226, 49255.

So basically nothing wrong with the port, still the server is refusing to work. It's just weird that after a couple of months, where i DID NOT change anything, it just stopped working.

Check the internal IP on it, it now sounds like it *may* have changed..... if possible post screenshots of it and the pot-forward as well.

Posted Image

theTNTdestroyer

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I need help with this too. I have the same problem exept that i can run the srver using my internal ip but other people cant connect to it then. If i put my external ip it says failed to bind to port. Any help?
i can post a picture of my port-forward

I need help. I can connect to my server, but only if i use my internal ip which peple cant use to connect. If i put my external ip, it failes to bind to port. Any help?

View PosttheTNTdestroyer, on 31 March 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

I need help with this too. I have the same problem exept that i can run the srver using my internal ip but other people cant connect to it then. If i put my external ip it says failed to bind to port. Any help?
i can post a picture of my port-forward

I need help. I can connect to my server, but only if i use my internal ip which peple cant use to connect. If i put my external ip, it failes to bind to port. Any help?
Sorry for kinda double post

HOW DO I PUT IMAGES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!