• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP] mAntiCORE 0.3 (Minecraft Profile Manager)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Fallensn0w

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

So I got this idea of making a program for Minecraft which makes the users able to switch between Minecraft "Profiles" or so called configuration files.
What this means is it will store your settings for the game as a file (with any name of course) and you'll be able to play with it with a single click.

This is program is great if you have alot of users playing on the same computer and having diffrent controlls per player.

Screenie :) (This picture is taken from 0.3)
Posted Image

Download link(s)
+ (Current, 0.3) Sendspace

Change Log
0.3 - bugfixes, mAntiCORE now supports keys like TAB, LCTRL, SHIFT and so on.

0.2 - mAntiCORE is now file associated with .mcc files, if you double click on a .mcc file, Minecraft will launch up with the configuration file you selected.

If there's anything missing or you have suggestions, or if you have found any bugs. Feel free to post them here, I will answer you ASAP.
Posted Image
The first compiler out there for the minecraft computer called Redgame.

Register or log in to remove.

eftj
    eftj

Lamest title ever

• Retired Staff
  • 7795 posts
  • Minecraft: eftj
  • Xbox:zEwanz

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

this looks very good well executed, will be trying it in my computer tomorrow!
Posted Image

Halo4life090

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

eftj said:

this looks very good well executed!

Spoiler:

DarkOmegaMK2

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

Halo4life090 said:

eftj said:

this looks very good well executed!

"There's no embarrassment in the search of truth!"
Posted Image

Fallensn0w

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks guys! ^_^
Posted Image

Fallensn0w

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

~200 views and 4 comments? What the f*** ? :(
Posted Image

whipnow1

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

Fallensn0w said:

~200 views and 4 comments? What the f*** ? :(
seems like an interseting idea, btw now you have 5 comments :stone:

Aeruu
    Aeruu

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Minecraft: Aeruner

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

I was waiting for something like this. I'm getting tired of switching my .minecraft every day :P

Off topic: 7 comments.
"I did everything right but it doesn't work!"

Thund3rStrik3
  • Minecraft: Thund3rStrik3

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

For adding custom key bindings what is the proper way to choose which key does each action?  Ex.  I have my inventory set to Tab, who would i set the inventory to be opened with tab?  and jump to be space?  Does it just use the default?  Great program by the way.

Wiggle-Wrists

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

Heres a Mediafire Mirror.

http://www.mediafire...q8xej1wq7tayobe

Enjoy.

Fallensn0w

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thund3rStrik3 said:

For adding custom key bindings what is the proper way to choose which key does each action?  Ex.  I have my inventory set to Tab, who would i set the inventory to be opened with tab?  and jump to be space?  Does it just use the default?  Great program by the way.

Well, currently you cannot select TAB, LCTRL and so on. (This is because when you hit CTRL, the CTRL button doesnt send a character into a textbox for example)

BUT... I'm going to implement that in the next verison. So that you can select any key. :Diamond:
Posted Image

Thund3rStrik3
  • Minecraft: Thund3rStrik3

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Alright, this program is going to be much appreciated because minecraft currently resets all my key bindings every time i exit out of the window.  You sir have just helped me become much more lazy XD.

Fallensn0w

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Thund3rStrik3 said:

Alright, this program is going to be much appreciated because minecraft currently resets all my key bindings every time i exit out of the window.  You sir have just helped me become much more lazy XD.

Well, that happens to me alot, some sort of saving/loading bug, lol.
Posted Image

City Builder
  • Minecraft: CityBuilder

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Suggestion:

Code your program to have the ability to have minecraft use different minecraft.jar files with each profile, so if I want to play on my CB profile allow me to have the program play on my MineCraft1.2.6.jar file and if I play on my Joshua profile, let me input that it should play on the Minecraftbeta1.2.jar file.

I don't know about programming but this might be easier to accomplish simply by renaming the minecraft jar file that we choose to minecraft.jar that it takes from an alternative directory that holds all of our custom modded (and the official minecraft.jar file) and inserts into the correct directory, that way the custom jar files in the alternate directory never get overwritten, they simply get copied into place for each specific profile.

I think that would be very useful.
Posted Image  Minecraft Schematics at: MCSchematics.com
-A community creating Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .  Over 180,000 Members and thousands of schematics to download

BopMeExtreme
  • Minecraft: BopMeExtreme

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

City Builder said:

Suggestion:

Code your program to have the ability to have minecraft use different minecraft.jar files with each profile, so if I want to play on my CB profile allow me to have the program play on my MineCraft1.2.6.jar file and if I play on my Joshua profile, let me input that it should play on the Minecraftbeta1.2.jar file.

I don't know about programming but this might be easier to accomplish simply by renaming the minecraft jar file that we choose to minecraft.jar that it takes from an alternative directory that holds all of our custom modded (and the official minecraft.jar file) and inserts into the correct directory, that way the custom jar files in the alternate directory never get overwritten, they simply get copied into place for each specific profile.

I think that would be very useful.

or implement mod-support, have several mods in a folder like:
mods
|
--mod1 ---- mod1-files which have to be inserted into the jar
--mod2 ---- mod2-files which have to be inserted into the jar
etc.

then make some checkboxes appear (you can use the folders name)
and everytime you start minecraft and the checkboxes changed, you take the initial minecraft.jar and use a winzip-plugin to insert the mod-files into the jar.
(of course mod-selections are saved for each profile, and to prevent copying to much, you should create one minecraft_jar for each profile, like minecraft_profile1.jar etc.)

if you want you can add these ideas too:
-create a subfolder under "mods" with the version number, and everytime the version changes you can notify the user. (please no msgboxes, they are annoying, use a red label instead)
-if any files within two mods are the same (e.g. dw.class is present in two mods) notify the user, that these mods most likely interfere each other. (unless its spawnlist.class, i dunno how it works, but i think it behaves somehow different)

just saying out loud whats on my mind, didn't care much about grammatics or such.
sry if i misspelled something or made any other mistakes. hope you understand, though :D

So far. :D

EDIT:

Fallensn0w said:

Thund3rStrik3 said:

Well, that happens to me alot, some sort of saving/loading bug, lol.

There is a fix for that btw.
Just connect to a multiplayer server after changing the controls.. you can also connect to one that doesn't exist, like 127.0.0.1 works all the time :D
then your controls will be saved, like they should

2nd EDIT:
What programming language do you use?
1.Everybody deserves help. You can only gain experience through failure.
2.Maximum signature length 2 lines? SRSLY?

Fallensn0w

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

City Builder: Sounds like an awesome idea! I'll implement this ASAP :)

BopMeExtreme: Oh I didn't know there was a fix. It's coded in .NET Framework with Visual Basic 2010
Posted Image

City Builder
  • Minecraft: CityBuilder

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

For some reason, certain things don't seem to function properly.

For example I've set my inventory key to 'q' and move right to 'i' however inventory stays needing the I key to be pressed and the Q key does nothing.

Yes, I did save my profile and I started the game from the application itself.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit
Posted Image  Minecraft Schematics at: MCSchematics.com
-A community creating Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .  Over 180,000 Members and thousands of schematics to download

BopMeExtreme
  • Minecraft: BopMeExtreme

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

City Builder said:

For some reason, certain things don't seem to function properly.

For example I've set my inventory key to 'q' and move right to 'i' however inventory stays needing the I key to be pressed and the Q key does nothing.

Yes, I did save my profile and I started the game from the application itself.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit

BopMeExtreme said:

There is a fix for that btw.
Just connect to a multiplayer server after changing the controls.. you can also connect to one that doesn't exist, like 127.0.0.1 works all the time :Notch:
then your controls will be saved, like they should

1.Everybody deserves help. You can only gain experience through failure.
2.Maximum signature length 2 lines? SRSLY?

shadow689

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

is minecraft profile manager compatible with mcedit