Latest News Article

Delete all lava?

griefer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jackwilsdon
  • Minecraft: jackwilsdon

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Is there a way to delete all of the lava from a map, or just a selected area? Because I have been super-griefed by some douchebag who got opped, he worldedited everything to sh*t, making a massive tower of lava all over the spawn. Worldedit does not remove lava, as it leaves some floating bits of lava, which cause more lava. What can I do?

Hello, world!

Register or log in to remove.

ferus_info
  • Minecraft: ferus_PL

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Have you tried to expand your selection in WorldEdit?
Maciej 'ferus' Kołek
Community Manager / Technical Admin @ www.te-es.pl

PierreLouis
  • Minecraft: PierreLouis

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Try WorldEdit:
http://dev.bukkit.or...rldedit-client/

It might bug out since it's inactive and hasn't been updated for a while; so make a backup before you do anything.

Select an area with a wooden axe (//wand).
And expand the area using "//expand [Direction] [Amount]" you can tell it North, West, East, South, Down, or Up. Or just look the way you want.
And then "//replace 10 0" and "//replace 11 0"

MooningRobot
  • Minecraft: MooningRobot

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

What I had to do once, was putting water above the lava with World Edit. It was easier to remove the cobblestone/water than lava, so try that.
You did try to use //expand vert on the region with the lava, then //replace lava air, right? It worked for me once, without too much lava bits left.

View PostPierreLouis, on 24 March 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Try WorldEdit:
http://dev.bukkit.or...rldedit-client/

It might bug out since it's inactive and hasn't been updated for a while; so make a backup before you do anything.

Select an area with a wooden axe (//wand).
And expand the area using "//expand [Direction] [Amount]" you can tell it North, West, East, South, Down, or Up. Or just look the way you want.
And then "//replace 10 0" and "//replace 11 0"
*Sigh* I think he knows, as he were talking about World Edit the entire post -.- He obviously already have that plugin.
No offence, but I think you're acting a little too smart here.
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

PierreLouis
  • Minecraft: PierreLouis

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostMooningRobot, on 24 March 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

*Sigh* I think he knows, as he were talking about World Edit the entire post -.- He obviously already have that plugin.
No offence, but I think you're acting a little too smart here.
I did read the whole post; just posted that to make sure he was doing it correctly, also please correct the block IDs in the quote, as my memory failed...

MooningRobot
  • Minecraft: MooningRobot

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostPierreLouis, on 24 March 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

I did read the whole post; just posted that to make sure he was doing it correctly, also please correct the block IDs in the quote, as my memory failed...
Sure thing ^^
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8734 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostPierreLouis, on 24 March 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

You provided a client-side worldedit mod, not a server plugin.

Anyhow, another easy way is:
replacenear 80 10 0

Don't go above 80, as you will hit natural lava, also make sure you are at y:105, and are flying.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

Greylocke

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

@AmberK has good advice. To make it a little easier, you could also use //replacenear 80 lava air.  I can't remember all those itemIDs!

I like to use the //drain (radius)  command. It recurses through the lava (or water) blocks, so //drain gets rid of towers of lava pretty quickly.

If you're using a block logger like LogBlock, you can either redo or rollback the area and not worry about dealing with trying to undo every bit of damage.

Once you're done cleaning up,  consider saving a snapshot of your spawn area.

Last bit of advice... remove ALL ops.  Use permissions for everything.