• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Bought minecraft in Alpha stage (may 2011) and trying to recover it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: What happened to my account? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think happened to my account I purchased back in 5/2011?

1. It got neglected and didn't get transferred during updates (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. A hacker delted my account (0 votes [0.00%])

3. My email got hacked (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Someone raged with TNT and locked up the database (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Customer support is small. Just take your time. (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

6. I don't care about your account. I read your post but skip past it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

cccangel
    cccangel

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hello,
I bought Minecraft back in May 2011 (05/16/11) and I have been trying to recover my account.  First the problem was I do not remember the password and the email i thought the account was associated it with was deleted.  Hotmail was kind enough to allow me to log back into an old email account and I tried to get password recovery to work and send to that email.  I type in that email into minecraft.net and it acts like there is a username associated with the account (which I believe is the one I bought) but I am not receiving any emails from mojang and yes I checked spam and also whitelisted mojang.com.  I tried doing password recoevery and eveyrthing i could think of.
I contacted moneybrookers and paypal to see if they processed my debit card back when I bought this game and they do not see any transactions made to my card at all on their system.  In fact my banking history doesn't even say that it was processed by paypal or moneybrookers but it says "WWW.MINECRAFT.NEWWW.MINEC STOCKHOLM".
I already sent an e-mail to mojang but i dont know if they have all of the information to help me lookup minecraft payment history.  Actually i do not even remember mention of Mojang too much back then but just Minecraft.
I really do not want to feel like I am cornered into purchasing this game, again.

cccangel.

Register or log in to remove.

cccangel
    cccangel

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

I am really missing out on playing Minecraft and i have done everything on my end with moneybrookers and paypal just to try to figure out if there IS anything I can do. There isn't.  So .... help please?

cccangel
    cccangel

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

25 million users now?  Wow.  So many people so it doesn't matter to mojang if users have to buy another account if their old one disappears. Right?
I take it no one on here bought minecraft back in 05/2011 and you are all recent players so you have no clue so thats why people read this forum but don't say a thing.
it would help a TON if some of you veterans of Minecraft tell me how the payment was processed so I can prove to Mojang that i actually paid for this account.

Gorman
    Gorman

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

Support is shit slow, and not very good. It is a shame that Mojang seems to have this "just buy another account" philosophy.

When you bought the account you should see the transaction in paypal. There is a transaction ID that you can use to prove it. Since you don't have any records in paypal or your bank, then it makes sense that you didn't buy an account...

You shouldn't be able to recover a password for a non-existing account, so that should prove it exists.

It would be a lot faster if you used "Mojang's Special Account Solution Methods", aka buying a new account...

cccangel
    cccangel

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Yeah thats what everyone in my clan is saying I should do.  I just have to wait till next month lol... Im desperate to build a toilet!
And buy the way I DID buy my account so once again, assumptions by people who don't know different.  I checked my banking history and got charged from 05/16/11 Visa Debit
WWW.MINECRAFT.NEWWW.MINEC STOCKHOLM CARD: ********** -$21.30 05/16/11 Intl Visa Fee
1234 WWW.MINECRAFT.NEWWW.M STOCKHOLM CARD: **********
-$0.21

Personally I wish you were right with the "do not have any records of it" because then I would have started this topic.  Thing is I do have a record of this.
heck do you think i can dispute this payment?